Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Merboi sketch by Springtalon

Artist Springtalon [gallery]
Time spent 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 1

Merboi sketch

Postby Springtalon » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:55 am

A sketch i did to buy this handsome boi here

Some things i came up with while planning this + drawing
> His 'real' name is Prince Shimmering Stevan Grammascale
> His 'human' name is Stephan
> His 'pirate codename' is Silver Eye
> Among the merfolk, he is royalty
> Prince, because he is a prince, Shimmering because of a trick he learned to make his scales shine in the moonline, and Grammascale after his father the king who is a Gramma merman, and his mother who is a Ridgehead merwoman (also known as 'Bigscales'). Stevan is his given name, which only his parents and those they (or he) permits.
> The royal family kept Stevan locked up in the palace because frankly he sucked at being a prince. Sure he could fake it, but...well that didn't mean he wanted to do it. He preferred to read and explore than to lead and command.
> One day in the library, Stevan found a book of spells, including one that would turn him into a human. Finally displaying some impulsiveness, he spoke to the royal guards and got out of the palace and swam to the surface. After he reached the air, he cast the spell. Or...rather he tried to. magic can't be suddenly cast by someone with no magic, and the spell kinda backfired. yes it turned him into a human, but it also gave him amnesia.
> He was found by pirates, the captain being a man named Daniel, Stevan upon waking, and thinking his name was pronounced Stephan, joined Daniels crew.
> For three years Stephan/Stevan and Daniel sailed together, before the merfolk guards found Stephan, and a mage used a spell to restore Stevan's memory.
> When Daniel realized that Stephan didn't just know the magic fish people, he *was* a magic fish person, well...he didn't take it well. He left Stevan with the fish folk, literally dumping him into the water, and trying to run away. The guards though, thought that the human had kidnapped their prince, and destroyed his boat. Daniel and the crew drowned, and Stevan's innate magic lashed out, killing everyone in a mile radius.
> Stevan then fled, staying in the waters but running once more away from his life. Before he left, he took the blue cloth that Daniel had always worn, and tied it around his own neck. He keeps it with him always.
Springtalon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me