Time spent 51 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
28 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

VOK Event - 12 Days of Winter - CLOSED

Postby MySpoons » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:50 pm

VOK Winter Event 2019 | December 12th - December 26th
Main Thread | Prompts/Leveling | Artist Search | Discord Server| Nursery

Rules wrote:- You can still participate as a non-owner! The only ones you won't be able to complete are the prompts, but there are plenty of chances to win adopts as your founder.
- As always, you do not have to follow the canon of the event/the Valley itself, you can come up with your own alternatives and takes throughout the event as long as it still meets the requirements
- You can win multiple event adopts, there is no restriction. You just need the space in your pride.

╔═════════════════════════════════╗
    Calendar of Events

Dec. 12 | Event opens, daily prompts open
    Dec. 15 | Design Santa opens
    Dec. 18 | Make a Snowman opens
    Dec. 23 | Special ???? opens
    Dec. 26 | Final raffle, last day of adopts
╚═════════════════════════════════╝

How cold it's gotten in the Valley, my friends!
    Beautiful snow in the air, and frost coating the grass,
    Winter has descended from the mountains on
    the seventh day of the seventh winter;
    be careful it doesn't freeze your heart...
    or your toes!
╔═════════════════════════════╗
╚═════════════════════════════╝
Last edited by MySpoons on Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:30 am, edited 19 times in total.
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: VOK Event - 12 Days of Winter - DNP

Postby Sixbane » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:31 pm

Main Thread I Prompts/leveling up I Artist Search I Discord server I Nursery
───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

Here is where you'll complete special prompts for the duration of the event!

Every prompt completed here awards a ticket in the christmas raffle towards special items/adopts.

-Prompts change at ~5pm EST. You have 24 hours to complete them (Though most are short and should be easy-ish)
-There are Two prompts a day. You can choose to complete One, or both. You are NOT required to complete all of them.
-You MAY Post completed prompts on this page, or you can link to them offsite. Either will do.

Todays Prompts:
-WRITTEN Entries must be at least 150 words to count. DRAWN entries must be at least a flat colored half-body to count. You're welcome to do more.

E51. With the empty snow covered terrain, an echo has picked up in the valley. Who plays with the returning voices? Who's scared by it? What do they say or use it for?

E52. Do your lions have a god or legend of winter? Like Jack frost, or a representation of the winter winds? If not, do they have a specific event or story in the pride's past tying back to winter?

Form for Prompt completion:
Code: Select all
[center][b]Username:[/b]
[b]Link to pride:[/b]
[b]Prompt Number:[/b]
[b]Completed Prompt:[/b][/center]
Last edited by Sixbane on Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:57 am, edited 11 times in total.
I'm not really active here anymore, hmu @ Sixbane on TH/DA/Discord instead
Sixbane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: VOK Event - 12 Days of Winter - OPEN

Postby MySpoons » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:26 am

The winter event is now OPEN~
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Runnersback » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:31 am

Mark! Can we use them for xp/leveling up? And how much xp do we get off of them?❤️

runners/sharkkbait/swiftie
Image🎶 RTF 🎶 cal-vain ©

𝙸 𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝,
𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑."

𝐼𝓉’𝓈 𝒶 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒷𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝓁𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝑒𝒶
Runnersback

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:32 am

Mark

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:34 am

runnersback wrote:Mark! Can we use them for xp/leveling up? And how much xp do we get off of them?❤️

These prompts are not for leveling, no. You may win XP in the final raffle, though.
-------------------------------------
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them
Pup Parent to Teddy, SDIT

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions
Collection Progress | Art Shop

ABOUT ME
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Runnersback » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:19 am

MySpoons wrote:
runnersback wrote:Mark! Can we use them for xp/leveling up? And how much xp do we get off of them?❤️

These prompts are not for leveling, no. You may win XP in the final raffle, though.

Ty for clarifying spoons!❤️

runners/sharkkbait/swiftie
Image🎶 RTF 🎶 cal-vain ©

𝙸 𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝,
𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑."

𝐼𝓉’𝓈 𝒶 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒷𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝓁𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝑒𝒶
Runnersback

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby epilogue » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:21 am

What sort of holiday does your pride celebrate around the winter season? A real one, or one of their own creation? do they skip one entirely?
Username: bed time
Link to pride: dark river pride
Prompt Number: one
Completed Prompt:
[158/150]

the dark river pride celebrates the winter solstice. while the true winter solstice is on december 21st, the pride celebrates all of december. dens are often decorated in holly, sage, and various dried flowers. the lions will collect flowers before winter and dry them for this celebration. the winter solstice is very important to the pride. it's to celebrate the new coming of nature.

on december 21st, cubs are awarded with small, hand made gifts, and the whole pride feasts together. it is a very joyful time, there is much laughing and happiness. building snow forts and makeshift snowmen are particularly popular with the cubs. but that doesn't mean the adults don't enjoy it as well.

snowball fights are a pride-wide game that will break out at random times. december is truly a joyful and wonderful time for the dark river pride. it's a time of unity and family. the whole pride considers each other one big family.

How are your lions keeping out the cold this year?
Username: bed time
Link to pride: dark river pride
Prompt Number: two
Completed Prompt:
[150/150]

winter hits the territory of the dark river pride very hard. snow will usually cover every inch of the land, and the ground will become hard and cold. the dark river pride's dens are primarily underground. although the ground is cold, the pride will line the burrows in warm and comfortable materials such as fur form prey, feathers, moss, and other soft plants. it's not uncommon to find the pride curled up together to preserve warmth as well.

the underground shelters do provide good shelter from the wind though. if it's a particularly windy day, the pride will only send out a small handful of patrols and the rest will stay cozy and warm. if they're lucky, sometimes lions will find man-made objects, such as discarded blankets, to help warm up their dens.

the nursery gets the most protection and padding since the pride highly protects their cubs and mothers.
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firedancer77 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:27 am

Username: Firedancer77
Link to pride: Isle of Roses
Prompt Number: E31, E32
Completed Prompt:

E31: Around the holiday season, the lions of the Isle of Roses celebrate a holiday known as the Memory Moon, which lasts for an entire month. It starts with the lions in the pride, so long as they are not a cub, take turns going on watch at the edge of the river to await the arrival of the Memory Keepers, the herd of elephants that has taken to visiting at this time. When they are spotted, the lion on watch will fetch the rest of the pride, and the entire pride will come to either wait at the waterside to greet the elephants or to walk with them into the territory. The pride has taken to calling this the Waterside Parade or the Elephant Walk. Once they have arrived, the pride members will all take time to speak with the herd and learn about history that has been occurring or that has already occurred. For that night, the lions will also gather food for both the pride and the herd, and the two groups will eat together. A few days before the end of the moon, the pride will also exchange gifts with each other, spending the entire time leading up to this day gathering gifts for everyone, calling this the Great Exchange. Generally the gifts are given anonymously, though many will reveal - at least to their closest pridemates - which gift is from them. This is to serve as a reminder of all the good memories the two have with each other.

E32:The territory that the Isle of the Roses lives in does not get snow - or at least hasn’t since Nasaba settled them there - and, though the temperature does drop, does not get all that cold. However, some of the pride still find themselves feeling a chill, and so many will spend more time sitting in the camp together to snuggle with those closest to them. Those who have no one else staying with them in their den will also be invited to stay with others at night or will invite others to stay with them at night to help keep warm, creating a deeper bond with everyone as they all grow closer to one another. This tradition has sparked several new relationships within the pride, some romantic and some simply growing into deeper friendships. Of course, there are a few occasions where some small squabbles have grown from lions finding they don’t get along with each other in enclosed spaces, but that is easily solved by having the visitor stay with someone else instead.

Isle of Roses | Valley of Kings

One of these days a-coming, I'm gonna take that boy's crown

Cause I am, I am a little wicked
I am, I am
Hands red, hands red just like he said

I am a little wicked

No one calls you honey when you're sitting on a throne
Firedancer77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery