Earth Ponies by _silentsiren_

Based on Click to view
Artist _silentsiren_ [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 28 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
38 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Earth Ponies

Postby _silentsiren_ » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:45 am

First up are the earth ponies! They're some of my favorite species simply because of the ingenuity!
      Earth ponies are typically more muscular or lean because they rely heavily on their physical being to help accomplish their tasks where pegasi and unicorn can use magic or their wings.

They're build very solid, and typically have deeper set eyes, some believe it's to help keep the sun out of their eyes a little better. Their hooves/ankles are extremely strong, AJ a perfect example of having strong legs. She bucks trees so she has to have extremely strong legs and she's on the muscular side.

Earth ponies have thicker hair and coats to help around the winter time. They can stave off the cold for a while but not forever. During the winter their coat thickens up to as much as three times and some ponies with naturally thick fur turn into living "rugs". When the spring comes around, the ponies trim or shave their fur, some preferring it to be shorter in the summer but others enjoy thick coats year round.

Their faces are sort of boxy as a base and the ponies with some extra weight can have some rounder cheeks! Typically it is uncommon to spot a chubby earth pony unless it is a foal. The foals themselves look like little rectangles with legs. Earth ponies are on the shorter end of the spectrum with a few natural giants in there that aren't typically more than a foot taller.

Their ears are hardened a little bit, compared to the unicorns, and can take nicks and scratches no problem. Other species of pony may have a difficult time with their ears, finding them ripping or tearing to leave more significant marks. Knowing that, the Earth ponies are extremely solid and their hide seems to be a little tougher. Whether it was the rough housing as a foal, or just a natural genetic trait, most really aren't sure but they're built to last.

Earth ponies age at a normal rate, their prime usually around the age of 15 and living into their later years of 30 at the latest. Granny smith lived longer than most ponies, topping out at 46. ( the betty white of earth ponies ) They mature rather quickly from foals to young adults, usually by a trial of some kind given to them by their family. Earth ponies are hardy and known for their hearty meals. They know the best foods and love spices. The ponies have a strong affinity towards anything spicy and will typically eat most of anything put in front of them.
_silentsiren_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Earth Ponies

Postby Zelfie » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:47 am

omg i love this!! you’re about to send me back into my horse girl phase ❤️💓
💗✨💗✨💗