Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Ocean Breeze's First Trail Ride by KathrynKat

Based on Click to view
Artist KathrynKat [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 33 minutes
Drawing sessions 16
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Ocean Breeze's First Trail Ride

Postby KathrynKat » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:53 pm

Part 1
Ocean Breeze has adjusted well with her herd. Same goes for getting her broken to be ridden. She has been one of the top easiest to train neravo this that I've trained and not only because I have trained many. It has been two weeks of riding Ocean Breeze 5 times each week. Making 10 times she's been ridden and feels like already a safe ride. The last two times I've ridden her I've used a bareback pad. It was only noon and plenty of time to do extra training today. I started to plan for today's ride on Ocean Breeze, when one my Neravontii Leasers and one of my staff asked if I wanted to go riding on the beach with them today. I told them I planned on riding Ocean Breeze and that it sounds like she is ready to go for a ride outside of the ranch. We agreed upon this plan and to all be ready in half an hour.

Part 2
Because Ocean Breeze is so easy going and quick learned, I decided beach plus bareback pad would be a fun combo. So I headed to the tack room after the others to collect tack and a grooming kit. We all nodded at each other then headed off different directions to collect our Neravontiis. I walked up to the pasture where Ocean Breeze has been staying and set the tack down on a stand. I then picked up the halter and headed into the pasture. A few of the Neravontiis came to greet me so I petted them as I got Ocean Breeze's halter onto her. I slipped away from the Neravontii crowd and walked Ocean Breeze away to get her prepared. I patted her on the neck as I opened the gate and lead her out. I shut and latched the gate then tied her up to the post just outside her pasture. Only a few minutes later and Ocean Breeze was tacked up and ready to head out. I untied Ocean Breeze, then sprung my self up onto Ocean Breeze's back. She waited patiently until I had given her the que to go.

Part 3
I had headed over to Arena A to get Ocean Breeze warmed up for a few minutes while the others got ready. ZeKorra, Roshan and Boom Boom watched me as I made laps around the arena. The others were finally ready, I patted Ocean Breeze on the neck and exited the arena. We had met up with the others at the main entrance of the ranch and headed for the trail that lead to a beach. We all started with a trot for a few minutes that turned into a lope. Ocean Breeze kept hearing rustles of bushes and trees getting distracted from time to time she wanted to speed up to chase after a deer. After about 20 minutes of fast pace we had arrived near the beach entrance. I looked over at the others and smiled then said "It looks like the beach isn't crowded today! Who wants to race?"

Part 4
The others nodded and I pointed out the best starting point. We trotted over to the area I had pointed and I looked at the others and counted down from 3 to 1 go. The other two had taken off first since they're used to outings. Ocean Breeze looked around for a moment then dashed forward and instantly caught up with the others. Seconds later we had passed the others up. I directed Ocean breeze to run closer along the coast. She tossed her head high so I slowed her down for a moment to get her used to the water. Moments later we were dashing along the shore of the beach. Half an hour had gone by of a nice ride on the beach before we decided to start heading home as it be a 20-30 minute ride back. I waved at the others and pointed towards where we had entered the beach. The nodded and we jogged our Neravontiis off the the beach and back onto the trail.

Part 5
I patted and rubbed Ocean Breeze on the neck as we exited. I reached into my pocket and held out to her a piece of Candy. She bobbed the candy from the palm of my hand and continued to jog along side the others. About 20 minutes had passed by of a sound quiet and relaxing ride. Until suddenly one of the Neravontiis went nuts when a deer popped from the bushes wanting to chase it down. Ocean Breeze was tempted couple times feeling encouraged. I pulled on one rein and forced her to spin I'm a few circles and stopped facing the other way. She stopped moving and waited for me to give her the cue to wall on. I gave the cue and we caught up with the others. 10 minutes later we had arrived at the entrance of the ranch. I dismounted once I got past the gates and walked her rest of the way. I untacked her at the barn then walked her with no lead back to her pasture. I smiled as we reached the gate and opened the gate to her pasture. We both walked in and I swung my arms around Ocean Breeze's neck and hugged her then let her take off to her herd. I watched her sprint off as if she hadn't even used much energy.
Art absent between June 7th & 16th or 17th or later! I will be on/off-line to check messages & trading! If I'm late to reply, it's because I'm on a road trip and visiting family that I've not seen in almost a year and some more
I was WildHorse32 Years ago & is my DA Username

Click here to find all of my personal
archives/harems n such for personal OCs and closed species!

Free-To-Use Art | Art + Past Art + Adoptables+
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me