Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Ocean Breeze's First Ride by KathrynKat

Based on Click to view
Artist KathrynKat [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 6 minutes
Drawing sessions 10
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Ocean Breeze's First Ride

Postby KathrynKat » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:17 pm

Part 1
I had kept Ocean Breeze in the paddock of her new herd's pasture for the past 4 days and seems the herd accepts her. I had checked up on her constantly, and same for staff. It's been positive results so I decided it was time to open her paddock gate connecting to the pasture and allow her to run free into the pasture with her new herd. I had sat under a tree in their pasture to watch OB check out her new herd with no fence restrictions. I sat down for an hour watching them. I noticed Ocean Breeze standing alone and had figured perhaps time to snag her to go do some training. I whistled and called out to Ocean Breeze. She perked her head up and cantered to me. I walked to the gate to exit the pasture and let her follow me out. I walked off to the tack room as Ocean Breeze had silently and calmly followed me.

Part 2
During the past few days I've been working on getting Ocean Breeze used to different types of saddles and gear. She had done well so it seemed it was already time so quickly to give it a shot on mounting her. I walked into the tack room and grabbed a bridle and had slipped it onto Ocean Breeze since she was following me. She was clean so no need to groom her. I shuffled through saddle pads and saddles then left the tack room and walked off to a stand and post by Arena A over by ZeKorra's and Roshan's herd. Ocean Breeze followed along side me. I set the saddle and extra gear set aside on post. I turn around to Ocean Breeze with the saddle pad and set it on her back then grab the saddle and toss it onto her back. I spoke to Ocean Breeze that today was going to be different. I fastened the saddle and then grabbed the chest band and tail band to get her fully tacked up.

Part 3
After I had gotten everything together I walked her over to the Arena. I opened the gate and tossed the reins over her neck then closed the gate. I then walked to the center of the Arena, and as usual Ocean Breeze had followed me. I stand by her side and fasten the saddle tighter, then adjust the stirrups and flap them around. I then began to jump up and down and around Ocean Breeze to get her used to the sudden movement as if I were mounting. I then practiced a few ground work and rein signals for 10 minutes before getting positioned for her first ride. I patted her on the neck then exhale as I step into the stirrup to add weight to it and only pull myself up part way then lean over and pat her on the other side. I then dismounted and repeated on the other side. I repeated this step a few times for a couple of minutes.

Part 4
After she seemed settle I had finally pulled myself up into the saddle. I swing my other leg over the saddle slowly and carefully, then slip it gently into the stirrup then sit up slowly and collected the reins. Ocean Breeze began to move forward so I asked her to halt. Ocean Breeze rose her head but stood still as asked. I then asked her to move forward and she got jumpy for a few seconds but then I distracted her with giving her some ques. I walked and trotted her a few laps around the arena as ZeKorra, Sassy, Roshan, and Roselyn watched me ride Ocean Breeze. I patted Ocean Breeze on the neck then walked her over to greet my friendly herd waiting to meet the new Neravontii I was riding infront of them. I allowed them a few minutes to greet before dismounting and calling it a day for Ocean Breeze's first ride. I walked Ocean Breeze to a post and got her untacked. I then walked her to a shower pit and got her rinsed off then released her with her herd once again. I watched Ocean Breeze as she moved towards her new herd.
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me