Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Cover by KathrynKat

Artist KathrynKat [gallery]
Time spent 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 6

Cover

Postby KathrynKat » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:31 pm

Training Cover
Boom Boom's Profile
Last edited by KathrynKat on Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Art absent between June 7th & 16th or 17th or later! I will be on/off-line to check messages & trading! If I'm late to reply, it's because I'm on a road trip and visiting family that I've not seen in almost a year and some more
I was WildHorse32 Years ago & is my DA Username

Click here to find all of my personal
archives/harems n such for personal OCs and closed species!

Free-To-Use Art | Art + Past Art + Adoptables+
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

First Touch

Postby KathrynKat » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:32 pm

Boom Boom's First Touch Story

Part 1
While I was in the middle of riding Kathryn The Indian Pony during a training session, suddenly a staff shouted out to me from the distance "ZeKora is giving birth." I dropped the reins on Kathryn TIP's neck and wave both hands excitedly and cheer. Kathryn TIP twitched her ear as I cheered. I patted her on the neck then asked her to move towards the gate to exit the arena and to make it up to the Birthing Pen. I stop 20 feet away from the Birthing Pen sitting on Kathryn TIP. The 2 mares looked over at each other. ZeKorra went back to focusing on giving birth to her newest addition to Roshan's and her babies together! She seemed to be doing just fine so I kept my distance and didn't even bother dismounting.

Part 2
There are white feet and a white nose poking out, then next moment there is glow as I see the foal being born there is even more glow upon it's shoulders. I gasp in sight wondering how ZeKorra and Roshan gave birth to a foal with glow, when it's only just been discovered in a few Neravontiis that were imported from Vashta. I pat Kathryn on the neck and continued to Kathryn TIP's training for half an hour before going back to check on ZeKorra and see how her new baby was doing. As I was working on Kathryn TIP's training and thinking of the purple & white Foal with purple glow, I remembered it was Forth of July, and even planned to going riding with some friends, riding our Neravontiis. I though of a few names to do with the Holiday before going back to ZeKorra.

Part 3
I dismounted Kathryn TIP in the Arena and walked her over to an one of my Staff to cool her off and release her back with her herd with Duncan. I hurried over to ZeKorra and her foal. I stood outside the pen for a few minutes just watching the two and absorbing the foal. ZeKorra looked at me a few times by now so I decided to go in and bring her, some of her favorite treats. I walked into the pen slowly as I greeted ZeKorra and her new born foal. The purple foal with glow upen it's face and shoulders just lying down on the ground. I handed ZeKorra her treats and stroked her on the face. "Had a very lovely one of a kind baby!" I kneel down to the foal who didin't seem to care much to greet me. Seemed a bit reserved.

Part 4
I giggle then just sat down on the ground and watched the ZeKorra eat her treats, and the foal constantly struggling to make it's first steps. Suddenly the foal pushed itself up and I were able to tell the gender the foal was, just before it had fell forward onto my lap. The baby is a colt. I help the colt get up. I sat thinking of the names again as the foal walked around constantly falling each time he had tried to get up. "Maybe I'll call you Boom Boom!" The foal looked back at me and neighed then flopped to the ground once again. I laughed then got up and patted ZeKorra on the neck just before leaving the twco in peace for mother and baby time alone.
Last edited by KathrynKat on Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

First Halter

Postby KathrynKat » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:38 pm

Part 1
Boom Boom was now half a year old, so I decided to start getting him used to the halterIt had been a long day working on Luna, Phantom of the Night, and tending to daily chores as usual. Since I had some time I decided today to start working on Boom Boom. So I gathered ZeKorra's Halter so that I could lead Boom Boom to the round pen to begin some ground work before trying to get a halter on him for the first time. I had gotten Boom Boom and ZeKorra into the round pen and then lead ZeKorra out shutting Boom Boom in and tied ZeKorra to a post outside the round pen. I hurried off to the tack room in the stables to grab a proper halter to use for Boom Boom. I picked up a halter that I had used on training other foals. While grabbing the halter I turned to the containers of treats and snacks for the Neravontiis.

Part 2
I scooped a couple cups of veggies and then headed to the fridge to grab some raw chicken. I hurried on back to the round pen, Boom Boom was just standing at the back of the round pen then snorted and looked away in the dirrection of some neravontiis in the paddocks across from the round pen. Then he looks over at a staff whose walking Ghost [#115 CS] past the Round Pen. Boom Boom Squeeled loudly towards Ghost who squeeled back with excitement but still following the staff member. Boom Boom snorted then just faced another dirrection away from me. I reached the round pen and entered with the the bucket of raw chicken and veggies mixed, and a halter. I had set the bucket in the center of the round pen where I'll be standing the majority of time. I walked towards Boom Boom who lowered his head and snorted then looked away from me then turned his back on me just before turning around and running the other direction.

Part 3
I quickly move towards him putting pressure on him to correct him and push him the other direction, then making him turn every time he made a lap until he gave an appropriate body langue. He began to hold his head level and canter calmly with his ears fairly active and constantly looking towards me. I had stopped giving him direction and turned away towards the bucket of treats. After about 2 laps Boom Boom had made himself he moved towards me at my side and just stood calmly but squealed loudly out of no where almost busting my ear drum. I made a Tsst sound to correct him from the behavior then he went silent and just stood but looking the other direction. I spoke to him as I walked towards the bucket of treats and picked up a piece of the raw chicken, and few bits of veggies. I moved back towards Boom Boom and swung the lead rope over his neck. He flinched but then just remained calm.

Part 4
I held out a handful of the treats to him and allowed him to take the treats just before I slipped the halter over his face. I buckled the halter, then allowed him to get used to the feel of the halter. I gave pressure pushing him to move back towards the gate if the round pen. I then directed him to make a few laps around the round pen to keep him distracted from causing any trouble while wearing the halter for the first time. He remained calm, but seemed to try and seek causing trouble from time to time. He'd try and find ways to get to the bucket of treats or to try and put pressure on me instead. After a couple of minutes, the lead rope had slipped from his neck and had began to patter on his side and rub along side one of his front legs. He seemed to not be very spooked by it, probably used to seeing halters and lead ropes used for his family members all the time. He a couple of times nearly tripped then started to figure out ways to avoid the rope. He then gave up on cantering around and just stopped then walked towards me.

Part 5
The halter had bumped into me just before I had grabbed hold of it. It seemed he was ready for the next step to me leading him with the rope so I took a few steps backwards then held out a few pieces of veggies in the palm of my hand. He moved forward before he had even seemed to notice the treats in my hand. I continued to step backwards then turned around and began to walk him circles around the round pen. I had suddenly stopped walking after 3 laps around the round pen and held out the treats for him to finally accept. He snorted then took the treats and looked away. I gave a gentle tug on the lead to try and lead him around more. I began to even include practicing making him change direction when asked to. After about half an hour of walking around the pen with him, and him causing trouble from time to time, I had decided it was time to walk him to his pasture leading him along side ZeKorra who had watched the whole time bored. I reached the round pen and released the two into their pasture and watched them canter off to the herd.
Last edited by KathrynKat on Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

First Tack

Postby KathrynKat » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:42 pm

Part 1
Two years have gone by before I decided to start getting Boom Boom used to tack. He has gone through plenty of training done by two different staff and I. It was late at night one night, when I had some time to start on the next steps. Luckily my ranch has lighting around to keep all round pens and arenas well let for riders, trainers, and all. I collected a saddle that would fit Boom Boom and ZeKorra's bridle, then grabbed a halter and tossed it over one of my shoulders. I walked the tack over to the small closed arena and set the tack down onto a post. I then headed over to the pasture in which Boom Boom stays. I whistled and tried to call him over but he wouldn't come as usual so I walked into the pasture to search for Boom Boom. I jogged towards the trees when I heard squeeling loudly. He was causing trouble with one of his siblings.

Part 2
I grabbed the lead rope from my shoulder and swung it in circles towards Boom Boom to pressure him away from Lola, who he was cornering in the back of their pasture. She had a couple of fresh bite wounds on her. I hurried to collect Boom Boom before he decided to pick on another sibling. I haltered up Boom Boom and lead him out of the pasture then told one of my staff about Lola needing tending to. I then continued to head over to the small closed arena to bgein training. I had arrived at the small closed arena, and released Boom Boom into the arena with the lead rope over his neck. I picked up the tack and set it on the gate of the arena. Then walked into the arena to collect Boom Boom who was waiting calmly 10 feet away from the gate. I walked up to him and then lead him to the gate to let him check out the tack before starting to move it around him.

Part 3
Before I could pick up the saddle to grab the saddle pad from under, He had bit onto the saddle and gave it a good tug, pulling it off of the gate. Then he quickly moved back a few steps when I shouted at him at the tack fell. He snorted and snarled and nipped at the air towards me. I rose my arms and waved them walking towards him to pressure him away a few mroe steps back before picking up the saddle and placing it back up on the gate. I picked up the saddle pad and then walked towards Boom Boom to grab his lead rope and lead him back towards the gate. I swung the saddle pad around his face, neck and back on both sides repeatedly, before beginning to move it over his back, neck and head. I had managed to get him used to the movements of the saddle pad so I set it down on his back then headed for the saddle.

Part 4
As I pick up the saddle I heard a light thud sound.I turned around with the saddle in my arms to seeing the pad on the ground. I groan then hold the saddle in 1 arm, as I place the saddle pad back on Boom Boom's back. I then gave the saddle a few swings on either side of Boom Boom a few times. During this process he had pulled the saddle pad off up to 3 times again. I had finally gotten him settled, and swung the saddle onto his back. Instantly his ears pinned back and he bared his teeth at the air. I patted him on the neck and spoke to him then stroked him on the neck before I began to fasten the saddle onto his back. I tossed the lead rope over his neck to allow him to take off and buck and kick until he got used to the saddle and figures out it's not quite easy to kick off once fastened. I think to myself hoping he doesn't learn how to remove the tack himself.

Part 5
After a few minutes of him bucking and kicking and roaming around the arena, I had called out to him to return. He didn't return, instead just walked to the other side of the arena to ignore me. I call out to him a few more times and he gave up playing silly games and trotted over. I picked up the bridle prepared to slip it over his face as if a halter, but with a bit. I've already practiced over time by opening his mouth so slipping the bridle on was a piece of cake. But then he seemed to be confused about the cold metal in his mouth. He chewed on the bit, constantly moving it around back and forth as far as it could go. I grabbed hold of his reins then began to walk him around the arena a few times before I finally untacked him and returned him to his pasture with his family herd.
Last edited by KathrynKat on Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

First Ride

Postby KathrynKat » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:46 pm

Part 1
After a good few months working on getting Boom Boom used to different tack, harnesses, and gear, It was finally time for his first being ridden. He's now about 3 years old and Physically ready to Carry weight. I collected Boom Boom and got him tacked up and walked him to one of my larger Arenas. He's already very used to tack, of even other sorts, and has had little weights added to his saddle and used to much more. So I figured that the Large Arena wasn't as big of a deal even though he is naughty and could cause trouble. But I've also gotten used to his tricks and tend to know how to get around them. As we arrive at the gate of the arena he randomly began to nudge me constantly then nipped. I swung one of the reins on the other side of my, and he instantly responded then waited for what was next.

Part 2
I lead him into the arena and closed the gate behind me. I then walked him around the arena for 5 minutes, including walking over poles and around barrels. He began to walk very calmly beside me and that's when I took the chance to prepare him to pull myself up into his saddle for the first time. I gave him a whoa and he stopped before I even had to give any tug on the reins. I swung the reins around his neck, then walked around him couple times then flapped the stirrups some. As I was preparing Boom Boom, one of my staff had walked up to the fence and climbed up and sat on the fence, prepared to dive in at safety if things go the wrong way during the first ride for Boom Boom as he can be naughty. After I had gotten Boom Boom prepared for the next step. I gripped the saddle, slipped a foot into the stirrup, and pulled myself up part way and paused for a few seconds then laid over the saddle on my stomach.

Part 3
I patted Boom Boom on the neck just before pulling myself up fully into his saddle. I sat up and slipped my foot into the other stirrup. Just before I could fully sit up and get that foot into the stirrup, Boom Boom reared up and bounced forward, almost giving me whiplash. I gripped onto the saddle horn, and held on while he bucked and kicked around.After about half a minute he had began to slow back down and slowly over the next minute had finally calmed down. I patted him on the neck and began to try and steer him around. To try and keep his attention focused on me, I asked him to walk over the poles a few times. He tossed his head high plenty the first couple times as we walked and trotted over the poles. For the Forth and Fifth time he had lowered his head some and became less tense about the extra weight on his back. I patted him on the neck as I asked him for a stop. I dismounted and walked him around for a few minutes, and practiced mounting and dismounting a few times.

Part 4
Half an hour passed by and seemed it's been more than enough time to be working on training for first ride. I dismounted Boom Boom once again, and then walked him to a posted to untack him. Before I could remove the bridle to replace with his halter, he had figured out how to remove the bridle I was using on him. Luckily it was one of the less trickier Bridles to remove and I've got some too tricky for most Neravontiis to remove. I sighed and picked up the bridle and slipped his halter over his face and buckled it. I removed the saddle and set the tack aside on a post then walked him to the closest post with a hose by it and began to give him a good rinse. He smiled and flapped his lips around as I rinsed him off almost the entire time making everyone laugh that were walking past Boom Boom and I. After I had got him rinsed off, I removed as much water as I could before walking him over to his pasture to release him for the day.
Last edited by KathrynKat on Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

First Trail Ride

Postby KathrynKat » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:49 pm

Part 1
After about a Month getting Boom Boom used to riding and more used to ques while on back, It seemed about time to take him out for his first trail ride. I told my staff and invited a couple of them to tag along. The staff rode Ghost and ZeKorra. I went to collect ZeKorra and Boom Boom from their pasture while one of the staff went to collect Ghost from her pasture. It took a few minutess to collect both ZeKorra and Boom Boom since Boom Boom kept beign naughty and causing trouble. By time I got the two over to posts, Ghost was already being cleaned up and almost ready to be tacked up. The other staff that was invited to tag along had tack and a grooming kit out ready for ZeKorra and Boom Boom. I handed the lead of ZeKorra to the other staff and got Boom Boom ready for his first trail ride.

Part 2
Luckily Boom Boom didn't really need much grooming since he's was just cleaned yesterday after he was a muddy mess. I had grooming him and started to get him tacked up. Since I finished getting Boom Boom tacked up before ZeKorra was even started being tacked up, I walked Boom Boom over to an arena to get him started and warmed up with Ghost and the other staff. I warmed up Boom Boom for a good 5 minutes before everyone was ready to head out on the trail, for Boom Boom's first. I patted Boom Boom on the neck and praised him then lead him out of the Arena following Ghost as we left the Arena and met up at the front gate of the ranch. We decided to take a trail down to a large lake like pond and back. ZeKorra rode in front, Ghost in the middle, leaving Boom Boom at the end of the group. I nudged Boom Boom with my heels softly and clicked to him couple times to pick up his pace, both staff had done the same asking ZeKorra and Ghost to trot.

Part 3
Boom Boom began to get excited and wanted to tag along beside his mama whose up front. I patted him on the neck and told him He doesn't need to be beside his mom at all times. He then snorted, almost as if he understood what I was saying. As we made it to the lake, I switched with the staff on ZeKorra and they rode Boom Boom as we rode around the pond for a bit before heading back home. Boom Boom seemed to not mind being ridden by others, so I took my time to enjoy riding ZeKorra for about 10 minutes before I switched back to Boom Boom. I dismounted ZeKorra and hugged her around her neck then swapped her back out for Boom Boom. Boom Boom tried to follow ZeKorra when we all got mounted, without my cue for him to walk on, then I asked him to stop. He kept tempting to follow his mother so I pulled on the left rein and nudged with my right foot to make him turn around.

Part 4
He snorted a few times then gave up and waited for me to give the command to walk. I waited about 5 seconds while he was calm and settled before turning him back around and giving him the okay to walk and follow. I patted him on the neck and spoke to him when he remained calm. We finally began to head back home. I called out to everybody to see if all were ready to take off. We all started with a trot then carried into a canter. During the walk back there were a few squirrels chirping and drew Boom Boom's attention away from me. I whistled couple times, even having to nudge him couple times with my heels. He'd respond for couple seconds but then keep stopping to look around. After some time we had reached the gates of the ranch. Suddenly Boom Boom snorted a few times then picked up his pace from a walk to a canter recognizing home and squealed loudly a few times.

Part 5
Even after passing the gates Boom Boom kept speeding up and squealing loudly and neighing and going nuts. "Whoa, Behave now boy, Yes I know we're back home, whoa whoa... aye cut it out." Suddenly he stops over a mud puddle and then begins to lie down. I give a good nudge with my heels and flicked the reins. He snorted then stood back up and trotted out of the mud puddle squealing more and more. I dismounted him then lead him to a post and untacked him. I then took him to a post to another post with a hose to rinse him off and let him go back into his pasture with ZeKorra and the others of their pasture. After I got Boom Boom rinses off, I let him dash off into his pasture and then continued other tasks around the ranch.
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me