Based on Click to view
Artist sentimental [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 11 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
117 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

♡ staff kalon || london fog

Postby sentimental » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:18 pm

nursery | growths + transfers | customs | artist search | nursery artist search | archive | customs archive
fanclub | announcements | tumblr | kalon myos | edit shop | suggestion thread | bank

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

i can't believe it's been a year since my last staff
kalon!! it feels almost like i was posting the 13th hour a couple weeks ago.

i hope y'all enjoy this year's batch ! the Kafe has got to be one of my favorite
themes ever. i'm so grateful for all the warmth i've received from this
community since joining back in late 2017. so! take this posh kal as a thank
you for all the years past and times to come. ♡

- edits -
[nr] skinny, colored sclera
[s] shine edit
[c] hair, fur, tail edit
[uc] ears, no pupils

to win this kalon, please tell me a short story about them!
    you have a maximum of 2,000 words, but please do not feel pressured to use them all!
    i'm not judging on length. ♡
    you have an extra of either 2 art pieces or 4 illustrations for your story! these illustrations should
    be at most flat colored sketches.

Code: Select all
    username:
    kalon name:
    short story:
    extras (optional!) :

prettying up is totally ok by me, but please avoid adding anything that further describes the character!
    (i.e. song lyrics, quotes)

this contest ends on december 20th! i'll only extend once if absolutely necessary. ♡
sentimental

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ♡ staff kalon || london fog

Postby khvoxtic » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:18 pm

username: planiteri • name: cyril • kalon used: • mentions aspen + oleander• 1610/2000
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Last edited by khvoxtic on Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
[Emersyn ⯁]
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
they/them | adult
kals xdm me

███████████████████
Feel free to DM me here or on discord if you
need to get in contact with me for anything!

[@khvoxtic on Dis] always open for a chat!
khvoxtic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♡ staff kalon || london fog

Postby gojo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:19 pm

MARK AHAH
gojo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HEXORCISM » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:19 pm

mark

pretty babe
ImagexxxImage
you should totally click them.xxxxxpfp
HEXORCISM

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mnemosyne » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:22 pm

GORGEOUS CHILD MARK

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

league of legends trash Image

Syne | she/her | trade with me | kalons | mandy ♥ | snow ♥

icon by Aeryn

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Mnemosyne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby justamindset » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:22 pm

username: DragonOfEmber
kalon name: Mykaela
short story:
Winter cold nipped at her coat, the breeze flowing into the shop as she opened the front door.
extras (optional!) :
Last edited by justamindset on Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

[♡] ember / / [♡] justamindset
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

[][][][][][][][][][]

information and links

kals // toyhouse // comms: open

𓆩*𓆪 and i know where to look 𓆩*𓆪

in permanent need of coffee

justamindset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LokisTrick » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:22 pm

Username: LokisTrick

Ludwig Von Holtz

&

The Silver Arrow

"Once, when the world was young and bright and newly made, and the green grass shoots were small and tender with the coming of the First Spring, there roamed a great Beast. The Beast was favored by the Old God because it was the first being the god had breathed life into. The Beast was so beloved by the Old God, that it could do what ever it wished and the God would simply smile."

"Like you are with Lord Whiskers!"

"No, not like, well, perhaps. Look do you want a bedtime story or not?"

"I want one!"

"Well then listen, and don't interrupt again."

"The Beast was not like you or I, it was big, as big as the ancient oaks. Wherever it went it could not help but destroy all that was in its path. The world was too small, too fragile. The Old God saw this, but loved the Beast regardless. The Beast loved the Old God, but was not capable of seeing how much destruction it caused.

Then came the New Gods, birthed forth unto the world, all eager to leave their own mark."

Ludwig's father paused to turn a page.

"The New Gods created delicate, wondrous things. Flowers that grew down from the clouds to be carried on the wind, trees that harbored birds that sang a thousand songs, and lived off the glowing fruit their branches held. The New Gods so loved their intricate works. But then came The Beast."

Another page turned.

"The Beast walked through the hanging flowers, pulling them out when they snagged on its fur. The Beast also loved the taste of the glowing fruits, and bit the trees off at the trunk to consume them. The birds startled into a dissonant cacophony of sound. The New Gods were furious, and demanded the Old God intervene. With The Beast around, nothing new could be made. The Old God dearly loved The Beast, but saw the truth in what the New Gods said. So with a heavy heart, the Old God pulled moonlight into their hand, molding it with care.

"What did the God make, Father?"

"A silver arrow. The Old God could not bring themselves to kill The Beast, you see. They still loved it with all their heart. But The Beast was too big for this world. So one day, when the sun was high in the sky, the Old God called The Beast to their side. They played together in the waters of a lake, and when The Beast was tired they found a mossy cave to rest in. Just as The Beast dropped into slumber, the Old God pricked him with the arrow, casting it into an eternal slumber, never to wake again. The Old God wept bitterly over the loss of their first friend, and stayed in the cave to stand guard over it. Some say The Beast and the Old God are still there, whiling away the millennium until the day the world ends. On that day, The Beast will wake, and they will be reunited once more."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ludwig blinked heavily, attempting to clear the sleep from his eyes. This gathering of advisors was important, and heavens knew Borya wasn't paying any attention to it. Ludwig sighed, it was probably best the King wasn't listening. His temper was infamous for a reason, and nothing got on his nerves quicker than his advisors. A prickle of unease formed in his chest at the thought. He knew how much Borya cared about their people, but sometimes intentions weren't enough.

Ah, spoke too soon. Ludwig grimaced as Borya suddenly stood up from his seat, rocking the table.

"I have heard enough!" He roared.

"But sire," one of the advisors simpered, "We were just discussing how best to divide the new land amongst the lords and ladies, we're nearly done!"

Borya whipped around to stare at the man. "Such concerns are trivial. What do I care about the nobility? All they do is undermine me, and you say I should reward such misbehavior?"

Visibly stung, the advisor retorted, "Sire, you are among nobility right now!"

Borya sneered. "You think me unaware, Regis? I know your blood. As far as I'm concerned, the only worthy family are the Von Holtz."

Ludwig cringed and preened simultaneously. Oh Borya,

The advisors all bristled.
Their King glared down at them, daring someone to contradict him.
Ludwig sank ever so slightly into his seat.

"This meeting is over." The King snarled. "The nobility will receive nothing."

Several advisors jumped to their feet. "But sire-"

Borya whirled on them. "The punishment for disobeying the King is death, you fools. Do you think I will be lenient?"

The advisors quailed.

"To me, Ludwig."

Shooting his bemused father an apologetic look, Ludwig stood from his place at the table. "Of course, milord."

Ludwig walked to the door as fast as he could without appearing to rush. He didn't want to be in this room a second longer.

"Where are we going, milord?"

Borya huffed, glancing at Ludwig impatiently. "Ludwig, what is my name? One would think you'd know it by now."

Ludwig rolled his eyes. "Oh, I'm sorry, your kingliness. Is milord not your name?"

Borya grinned at him, and despite the levity of the moment, Ludwig felt his sprits fall. They had walked to the practicing area that they used to train their swordsmanship. Ludwig remembered them here as children, no responsibilities, no duties to uphold, just two friends. His skin itched.

"Borya."

Borya looked up from the sword he'd begun to polish. "Yes Ludwig?"

Ludwig hesitated. "Why did you get so angry back there?"

The King's eyes sharpened. "What do you mean, why? You know I hate those pathetic leeches. All they care for is wealth."

Ludwig shook his head. "But Borya, you know that getting angry doesn't change their ways. It just makes them dislike you."

"I don't want them to like me, I want them to obey me!"

"But they won't! If they don't like you, they'll find ways to subvert you. And other nations won't be pleased if you treat their emissaries poorly."

"If those toads dare to go against me, I'll kill them myself."

"Borya-"

"Enough Ludwig!" Borya roared. "I never asked to be king, you know that! But everyone insisted this was the only way, so here I am, King. They got what they wanted!"

Abruptly, Ludwig was furious. Borya had been his friend his entire life. Ludwig had stood by his side for years, and this was how he was repaid. Things had been different since Borya had been crowned. He was angrier, more curt, dismissive. Ludwig's family had for generations stood beside the royal family, it was the Von Holtz's sacred duty to protect them as they ruled over the kingdom. But Borya had gone too far. He would not meet with ambassadors or other kings, claiming conspiracies. He had no respect for his advisors, and openly mocked them. Ludwig understood why he didn't like them, but to he was risking instability and internal conflict. For all Borya seemed to care about the commoners, he did little to improve their lot, and spent most of his time training. Borya was abandoning his duties, and Ludwig couldn't stand it.

"I thought you were better than this, Borya."

Borya flinched back, eyes wide, then sneered. "You don't get to talk to me like that."

Ludwig bowed coldly. "As you wish, your majesty."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was late when Ludwig returned to his rooms. He had tried to clear his head, but to no avail.
What will become of the kingdom, he wondered mournfully. How long until he drives us to war? I thought we were friends, I thought he would listen to me… Running his hands through his hair, Ludwig sighed unhappily.
“I don’t know what I can do to stop him.”

The man sat on his bed, looking dejectedly out his window. He might have sat there for hours had a bit of color behind his bookshelf not caught his eye.

“Now what could that be?” He quirked his head to get a better angle. “A book?”

Ludwig crouched awkwardly, banging his head on the shelf before he was finally able to pry his prize out.

“A book of fables?” He mumbled, brushing the dust off the cover.

“Ah, I remember this! I used to love this book as a child. Let’s see, my favorite story was…”

He flipped until he landed on an illustration of a fearsome beast.

“Yes! The Silver Arrow. Father must have read it a thousand times.”
He smiled warmly at the faded lettering.

“The Beast was not like you or I, it was big, as big as the ancient oaks. Wherever it went it could not help but destroy all that was in its path…” He trailed off, smile turning wry.
“Sounds like Borya.”
He sighed. “The god made a silver arrow to put the the beast to sleep to save the world. That’s not really an option here. I wish fairy tales were more practical. I could use some advice.”

Oh, is that so?

Ludwig tensed. “Is there someone in my room?”

To be honest, I’m not really anywhere. I overheard your predicament, and I’m here to offer you some advice.

Ludwig glanced around incredulously. “Have I gone mad? Usually when I think about my problems, random voices don’t spring from the woodwork to offer advice.”

But most of your problems aren’t about powerful kings and war, are they? I’m not here to help you color-coordinate your wardrobe.

Ludwig exhaled slowly, practically cross-eyed in confusion. “Okay, fine. That’s fair, I suppose?”

The first thing I will say is this, your fear that Borya’s actions will start a war is warranted. In one year’s time, if he is not stopped, his rage will cause the nobles to revolt, leading to a civil war.

“Oh gods have mercy.”

The second thing is that your friend is cursed.

What.

When the previous monarchs were slain, he suffered the backlash to the magical attack.

“Yes, he was injured but the healers said there were no lingering effects!”

They did not know. Residue clung to him, infused with the hate and savagery of the original spell-caster. He will only worsen with time.

“Is there something you can do?! Is that why you’re here? How can I help?”

I am afraid his curse is beyond my power, Ludwig. The man’s head fell, energy draining out of him. He clenched his hands.

“Then what would you have me do.”

His curse can be broken, but only by himself. You can set him on the path towards breaking it, if you listen to me. Stretch out your hand.

Night had fallen, the light of the moon glowed a gossamer silver through his window. His hand cut a stark shadow through the motes.

“Okay, what now?”

Do you not see it?

“See wha- no. No no no, it was a fairy tale! It wasn’t real!”

For in his hand, still bathed in moonlight, sat a Silver Arrow.

Ludwig dropped the arrow, revolted.

“I can’t do this to him!”

You would be saving him! He is doomed to die if you do not intervene, and the entire kingdom will go with him. I understand your pain, Ludwig, more than you know. One day, when the time is right, he will wake. He will not be alone, I swear it.

Ludwig shook his head, tears forming in the corners of his vision.

“I can’t do this to my friend.” But his denial was weak. A god, maybe THE God, was giving him a glimpse of the future. If he failed to act, he might doom thousands.

He will sleep peacefully with me, Ludwig, until it is time for him to wake and begin his journey. I will keep him safe. But this must be done.

A tear slipped down Ludwig’s face. He grabbed the glowing arrow.

“So be it.”

[1996/2000]
Last edited by LokisTrick on Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Dreaming Deep~

Looking for celestial garden item set!
LokisTrick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:23 pm

I'm dropping out!! Good luck to everyone
Last edited by SilentMelody on Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
admin/staff for dcay on cs

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences

low activity, but i still check my pms!
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes