Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

the lonely village by Ovacalix

Artist Ovacalix [gallery]
Time spent 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

the lonely village

Postby Ovacalix » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:01 am

Featuring Sigurd
    Jarls Den, Ironstag
    Late Fall

How long had it been now?

The days had begun to wane in length, the sun was beginning to depart his skies earlier in the day and the animals were all gathering foods and dispersing from the lands from which they roamed in bounty. This meant one thing to the dog, winter was approaching, and as all winters that came before it, the season would be just as perilous and unforgiving as those past. There was one drastic change for him though, much more drastic than the one the land around him would soon experience, and that was his longpaw had disappeared.

Gone, as if they'd never been there to begin with.
    It was like the shuddering voice that quaked the earth around them had called to them, and the people of this lonely village had begun to disappear after it. One after the other, like caribou, flocking to some unknown destination and leaving those who remained behind.

His had been the last of the village, and they had left him in the house that was a but a husk of the warm den it used to be. The softly muttered word "stay," being all that he understood before they slipped past the boundary of the door that now was loosely shut, and shielding him from the ever creeping chill of night.

A sigh of resolve escaped him, and the dog curled in on himself and tucked his nose under his tail, letting a soft groan escape him as he settled once more.

He would stay. This is what his person wished of him.
    He would stay, but life did not stop for those who waited.
    He would stay and ensure their homes were kept safe for their return.

Sigurd decides that if he is to survive the winter, he must prepare to move on from waiting for his person at home. Winter is long and ruthless in the Taiga, and though he has the entire village to himself now, it doesnt mean there wouldnt be any difficulty making sure his home didn't fall victim to the storms that approach.

Bonded
Ovacalix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me