Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Prey: Natural Markings by Ovacalix

Based on Click to view
Artist Ovacalix [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Prey: Natural Markings

Postby Ovacalix » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:35 am

"White marks" can appear on all bases but albinism. Note that these are just a guideline, and there can be variation between each white marking. White markings cannot be mixed. Currently there are only three that can be chosen from for a founder:

[C] Classic: Resemble marks found on whitetail deer. Fawns express these markings as young, but like typical whitetails, lose their spots as they reach a few moths of age, leaving them with the white undersides, and token white tail.

[C] Mule: Somewhat similar to white tail, except with the distinctly different white face, legs, and butt. Fawns express spots with these markings but lose them as they reach a few months of age.

[C] Fallow: Unlike the previous two, the predominate feature of Fallow marks are the token fawn spots that the deer keep throughout their life. They also have a soft gradient from the bottom up of the same shade the spots are and a few underside markings.

[C] Roan: Like on horses and cattle, roan describes the intermingling of white hairs which results in the progressive brightening of the coat.

[U] Caribou: Like the summer coat on caribou, this marking features distinct white patches on its neck, ending in a stripe through its midsection. It is not uncommon to see lighter counter shading framing the white markings in patches. This marking is most accurately portrayed when modeled after modern caribou. (winter and summer coats included, however the coats do not change with the season)

[U] Moose: Standard base, with light markings on the legs. It is not uncommon for this marking to come with a light "sun bleach" or roaning effect along the animals top line, though unlike roan, the pelt never fades into true white.

[U] Dun: Dun is considered a primitive marking in which the base of the animal is lightened similar to roan, but the legs and face are significantly darkened in contrast. Dun always features a dorsal line and stripes at the knees and heels of the animal.

[U] Elk: Elk has very distinct

[U] Marsh:

[R] Marble(pie):

[R] Mottle(Pie):

[R] None:

Last bumped by Ovacalix on Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:35 am.
Ovacalix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me