Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Prey: Colors by Ovacalix

Artist Ovacalix [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 42 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Prey: Colors

Postby Ovacalix » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:25 pm

I might be doing a thing, we'll see if it gets further than this

Hoof and nose colors are the dots next to buck, color bars are NOT exclusive, and are just a point of reference. Variations are viable.

Normal: Warm greys, and various shades of brown. Nuances and natural solid marks like saddles are common. Nose and hooves are black, and eyes range from brown to yellow in color. White marks present.

Leucistic: Light base, either white or off white, with slight nuances in color. Solid markings are never much darker than the base color. Hooves and nose are always pink. white marks are present.

Melanistic: completely black, though never jet black, some nuances are possible. Same eye and hoof colors as Normals, white marks can be present, but are never a true white. (white marks on melanistic bases are generally on the lower half of the color block).

Albinism: completely white with no nuances or other pigmentation. Pink nose and hooves exclusive, pale eyes with red pupils, white marks not visible but are carried.

Please do not use these as a point of reference, as they are not accurate to real world deer "genetics" (or genetics in general) and were made for personal consumption <3 thank you

Last bumped by Ovacalix on Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:25 pm.
Ovacalix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me