Felair #037 by tiny

Based on Click to view
Artist tiny [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 26 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Felair #037

Postby tiny » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:49 am

Woah– this Felair looks like they've had a tough go at life thus far with those scars and their missing leg. A bear claw has been carefully threaded through their ear to keep as their heirloom.

genome: Fo/FF/EE/Tt/ll+/cc (injuries are non-inheritable)

To enter for this Felair, make art or a story based on how they got their scars and lost the leg- perhaps they fought the bear they got their heirloom from? Or was it some other way? Extras on your entry form are allowed and encouraged. Feel free to make multiple pieces/stories and decorate your form because we want to see an entry with all the bells and whistles. The winner will be chosen on November 3rd at 7:00pm Pacific.

Code: Select all
    username:
    name:
tiny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Felair #037

Postby Jantzi01 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:02 am

username: Jantzi01
name: Flighty
how did they get their scars?: She was walking away from a bear corpse, successfully grabbing a claw and stabbing it into her ear, when she heard a low growl behind her. A small wolf jumped out from behind the bushes and bit her leg off. The wolf left after that, and Flighty assumed that she had unknowingly encroached on the wolf's territory, and that she was lucky to only have lost a leg.
Jantzi01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alledowaya » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:00 pm

username: Alledowaya
name: Hermione
how did they get their scars?
Feathers rustling, a strange brown and orange tabby leapt from the bushes, pulling down the lark she had caught in her jaws.

WIP
Alledowaya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .sins. » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:18 pm

username: .sins.
name: Kit
Wip
.sins.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starred » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:24 am

username: Starred
name: Tagryth (Tag-Rith)
how did they get their scars? Might be a little gory! Please read with caution During hunting season when the animals are cautious and the hunters try to outsmart the prey, Tagryth was out on his own hunt. He was hungry, and had to find something fast. The colder months were hurdling closer and food was becoming more scarce. A few birds were circled around each other nibbling on whatever was crumbled on the ground. Bread, perhaps? Tagryth slowly crept into the long faded green foliage and stalked closer to the group of birds. They vocalized to each other as their heads picked at the stale crumbs all over the ground. Tagryth lowered his body and prepared to pounce, his body tensing as he got his footing to jump up. Once he felt it was good to do so, he leapt into the air and down onto one of the birds. They all flapped frantically to avoid his claws, their wings all adding a gust of wind. Unexpectedly his back left leg was wrapped and gripped with a wire. It tightened and was ringing some bells to give off a warning to the hunters who may or may not have been close by. The wired snare held on tightly to his leg. Tagryth stood still with his paw on top of his bird. His ears turned as he heard barking in the distance. He knew he could not panic or else his position would be given away quickly. Time went by and the barking got closer and closer, until he finally heard the bushes and grass around him rustling. It all went silent, until a dog jumped out and grabbed ahold of Tagryth's leg. He wailed and began swatting at the dogs face, but that did not stop the dog from shaking his leg. With no real struggle on the dogs side of the fence, Tagryth broke free from the snare and bolted away. He had scratches all over and he was wobbling from.. a missing leg? Tagryth took care of the wound as best he could, but that would not save him. He made his way closer to where the humans lived and laid down to rest in a small grassy ally. Tagryth woke up in a small caged enclosure and he wanted to get out, but instead he rested as best he could. How he escaped, that's a different story!
"If you talk to the animals, they will talk with you, and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them, you will not know them. And what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." - Chief Dan George
Starred

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tiny » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:35 am

reminder that this ends TOMORROW !
tiny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Boneabii » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:24 pm

username: Boneabii
name: Whipper

She pounced, successfully pinning the small bird onto the ground. "Sorry...." She murmured, snapping its neck. This had always scared her a little bit. It wasn't fair to kill innocent animals, she thought. Whipper heard a branch snap somewhere in the distance. "Huh." She said to herself. There wasn't any sign of another animal big enough to brush a tree branch away. She could smell and see only mice, rabbits, and squirrels, and it was very rare to see a bear or a cougar in these parts of the woods. Whipper knew that, and creeped towards the sound. The clack of rocks clashing against rocks met her ears. Then a snort. Curious, Whipper climbed a tree and perched on a high but sturdy branch to see more. Her tongue flipped up to her nose. The refresh let new scents flood her throat. Decaying leaves, rabbits, fresh dirt, blackberry juice...bear? The scent wasn't strong, but it was undeniable. Bear. Puzzled, she remembered that bears will flip rocks to find insects and worms. Even though bears were very dangerous and Whipper was aware of that, she couldn't resist seeing how they did it. No, it's too dangerous. She thought, jumping from the branch and turning back to her den. But more curiosity tugged at her tail. "If I'm careful...." She said to herself. She turned and sniffed the air. The faint stench of the bear was hooked in her nose and she followed the scent and sounds of clacking rocks and snorting. When the scent got strong and she could follow it without focusing, she ran. After much, much more running, she could hear the bear grunting and the squelching of rocks loosening in the thick mud, and the scent was everywhere. The trees and rocks were drenched in its musky scent. "Almost!" She whispered excitedly. She saw golden eyes a second later. Shaggy brown fur, turning into a smoldering black void. Muffled roars. Shooting, burning pain through her leg. Horrified, she realized what happened. Whipper had run into the bear. As fast as she possibly could with her almost torn through leg, she pulled away from the livid bear and ran. Then she saw two little mini bears in a nearby bush. Cubs! Whipper looked behind her shoulder, hoping the bear was just chasing her away from its cubs. This little slow-down let the bear catch up to her. It was going to kill her no matter what Knowing she couldn't run away fast enough, Whipper slammed herself into a boulder, tensed, and squeezed her eyes shut, hoping the bear would kill her fast. She felt its hot, rotten breath on her face, and a few seconds later it landed a hard blow onto her wounded leg. The pain was excruciating. Whipper didn't try to suppress her cries. She wailed, not for help, but telling the bear to just rip her heart out. "Please! Please.... I...can't. Just do it fast...." Agony in her lower hip. My hip?! She thought, panicked. It never touched my hip! Her eyes remained shut, despite her desire to take a short glance at her hip and leg. The bear roared and clubbed the side of her head. She heard a loud, piercing squeak of claws on rock and the bear roar, with a new note in it...pain. Whipper felt like her ear had been torn off before the world slipped below her....

Whipper woke up in her den. Her head had was throbbing and Whipper judged it to be badly bruised. She decided she wasn't ready to look at her leg, and looked in a pool of water instead. The bear's claw was glued in her ear with dried blood. Bracing herself, she looked over her shoulder. The stump that used to be her leg was bandaged neatly in leaves and coated in a medicinal looking mash. Whipper sniffed it. It smelled fresh. Suddenly her eyelids drooped. She fell into a deep sleep, not caring about whether she'd ever wake up again.
Boneabii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me