Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Tunnels by Swirlshine

Artist Swirlshine [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 33 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Tunnels

Postby Swirlshine » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:33 pm

There's other drawings I need to finish/start on... but I couldn't resist, okay? XD

I've always wanted to try redrawing a Stranger Things screenshot, but of course, I find more realistic people hard to draw, so uh, it was gonna have to be something a little more on the simple side. But then, while browsing pictures online, I had the idea to draw this (https://metawitches.files.wordpress.com ... .png?w=656 ; sorry, something's up with the image address so I gotta do it like this!) image, which works really well because I just rewatched the episode in Season 2 with the beginning of this scene in it last night! In it, Hopper (that's who the silhouette is, XD) finds something under the dirt he's dug up, and then goes down a hole to find himself in a huge network of strange underground tunnels. The camera slowly turns in a circle until the scene is shown upside down at the end of the episode, and though I REALLY wanted to draw the upside down version of this, since I find that shot super cool, I couldn't find any reference pictures where it was entirely flipped. So this was the next best thing, XD!

I'm REALLY proud of this, wow. ;-; Glad I added some scattering at the end too - I knew I was missing some texture, and I think that helped a lot!

The timer is a sliight bit off, but still pretty accurate! And I mean... Hopper's just a silhouette here, but his character obviously belongs to Stranger Things, XD!

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tunnels

Postby JK341 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:35 pm

woah, yeah you definitely SHOULD be proud of it, this is amazing! ^^
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby baking-bugs » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:39 pm

Wow, this is so cool!
baking-bugs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lostfairy » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:03 pm

Oh my GOSH, SWIRLLLLL!!! This looks AMAZING!!!!!! ;-; I adore the whole background, the colors are so dark and all work so well and just the whole jagged circle around his silhouette is amazing to me!!! GAH, you're so good with concepts, you always have such fun and new ones to draw and test out, it's so inspiring to see. <333 And even though you just drew Hopper's silhouette, IT'S SO SO GOODDDDD. <33 He has such detail, though???? And that glow of a flashlight is drawn perfectly!!!

I really hope you're proud of this, like J-and-K said above!! <3
Lostfairy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me