Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

SLS Day 12 - Baking by SilhouetteStation

Based on Click to view
Artist SilhouetteStation [gallery]
Time spent 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

SLS Day 12 - Baking

Postby SilhouetteStation » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:08 pm

Y love to bake. Simple as that. You're not exactly the next British Bake Off champion, but hey, you can whip up a pretty good sweet treat for a special occasion. Or, y'know, any occasion that calls for cakes or cookies. You don't have as much experience with savory baking, but you have made a few things in the past and they've turned out great. But in regards to sweet baking, you're pretty darn okay.

Sometimes you get a bit frustrated trying out new recipes that don't come together at first (ahem, the cinnamon roll cookie incident, ahem) but you keep trying, and you get there in the end. Your cinnamon roll cookies are great now (although you're slightly obsessed with the cream cheese frosting). Snickerdoodles, chocolate chip, oreo stuffed, gingernut; cookies are good. Cupcakes and cakes are fun, and you've made some pretty stellar ones (even if the checkerboard took five hours), but you get a kick out of frosting more then anything. There's something very artistic about frosting something. You know what they say, you eat with your eyes first, and if that's the case, you've made some pretty delicious bakes that you're extremely proud of.

It's not just the act of baking to treat yourself; what you really enjoy is how your food can bring people together. Birthday cakes, a surprise batch of cookies, helping to make food for parties and get-togethers; it makes you feel good. Really good. Keep that up, and keep on baking.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me