Based on Click to view
Artist WolfWinter [gallery]
Time spent 54 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Gooby [031]

Postby WolfWinter » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:22 pm

xlongxtimexagoxonxxplanetxfar,xfarxaway
massive fractures spread from the core to the crust of omicron-06, in a galaxy many thousands of light years from earth. as a red dwarf star set for the last time on the ruptured planet, the last of its former inhabitants fled on starships and refugee cruisers, forced to watch their home disappear into the darkness of space. no one among them is quite sure how or why the planet splintered, but the surface wasn't the only thing that splintered. refugees from the lost omicron-6 broke into separate factions as a result, and now live spread far apart, on many different planets, space bases, and even starships throughout the known universe.
now they seek a new home, or revenge for what happened to their planet, or just a new purpose to call their own.

Traits
Common Horns/ ears (3)

Winner wrote:Username: Streak
Name: Silica
Post link

Main Prompt: What has this Gooby been up to since the destruction of Omicron-06? Have they been looking for revenge, or are they trying to find friends and family? Are they just trying to move on with their life?

You have a minimum of 100 words, and a max of 800; OR a maximum of 3 art pieces. You have an optional 2 extras worth 1 art piece, or 200 words, each. You may pretty up if you want to, however the main focus will be on your response to the prompt. This will end on the 30th September 2nd at 8 pm PST (3 AM chickensmoothie time).

Code: Select all
Username:
Name:

Last edited by WolfWinter on Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
To Do

▪ Commissions
▪ ARPG
▪ Work
x
x

Trades Open
Awesome Peeps
~xXx~xXx~
~xXx~xXx~

ImageImage

Clacking can be heard at a distance
WolfWinter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Gooby [031]

Postby hawkfire102 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:56 am

Username: hawkfire102
Name: Galva
Prompt:

Galva has been conflicted since the destruction of Omicron-06. She was separated from her friends and family in the hast to escape the planet. Every goob she knew took off into different directions to get away. She knew at this point, it would be nearly impossible to find them all or even some. She wanted to move on but she couldn't bring herself to do so.

She stayed in her cot staring at the holographs that she managed to save of her, her friends and family. She would find herself silently crying over them, wanting to move on but also desperately wanting to find them. She slowly pulled herself from her cot and made her way to the Captain's Quarters and knocking on the door.

With a grunt from inside, the door opened and she made her way in. Captain Infernus looked up at her and furrowed his brow as the crying goob approached him. She clung to him and sobbed out her story, pleading with him to try to find them. Infernus awkwardly patted her back.

"We can try our best while we're out in space, but I cannot guarantee that we'll find them." He told her. She looked up at him and sniffled.

"You promise?.." She asked, her eyes pleading. Infernus shifted uncomfortably.

"Yeah yeah I promise, but you got to start doing your share here. Can we make a deal on that?" He said. Galva nodded and wiped her face. "Good..now make a map or something of the places you think they might be and we'll get around to those places in time." She nodded again and wandered off to her cot to start mapping out where she thinks they went. Hopefully, time will tell if they're actually there. Only once she searches there does Galva think she can move on from them.

Th: hawkfire102
Art Shop | Character Design Shop
hawkfire102

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WolfWinter » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:42 am

This comp has been extended to Monday September 2nd, with the same closing time as before
To Do

▪ Commissions
▪ ARPG
▪ Work
x
x

Trades Open
Awesome Peeps
~xXx~xXx~
~xXx~xXx~

ImageImage

WolfWinter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Streak » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:22 am

Username: Streak
Name: Silica
Prompt:
    Silica has been doing her best to forget the destruction of her former home. She found that the best way to do so was to keep herself busy. What her definition of busy was changed from day to day, but she remained productive to keep herself from sorrow.

First, busy meant rebuilding.
    In order to rebuild herself, Silica had to rebuild her home. Of course, she couldn’t rebuild her old home, but she’d build a new one. Soon after her starship escape, she found a small planet. Upon deeming the conditions tolerable enough to settle on, the green gooby began making plans for her planet. She proclaimed the planet to be called “Babylon,” meaning gate of god. Her planet would be a gateway to a new life for lost goobies searching for hope. The establishment of Babylon would bless them with a beautiful new beginning, as if they were reborn into a different life. The concept took Silica away to her own utopia, and she hoped for it to do the same for others once she made her idea a reality.

Second, busy meant sorting.
    Before she could take on the emotional burden of searching for lost and lonely goobies to bring to Babylon, Silica had to sort out her own emotions. This task took so much longer than building a settlement. She came to terms with the concept that Omicron-06 was gone. Everything she’d previously known was no more. She had to let go of every grasp of the past that she had tried so very hard to hold onto, because it was gone, and there was nothing that she could do to change it. This meant long, lonely nights of nothing but confrontation and imaginary compromise with herself, but it was what she had to do to ensure a secure future on babylon. Babylon was an establishment of the future, and the future and the past could not coexist.

Third, busy meant constructing a city.
    After deconstructing herself and coming to terms with her emotions, she had to get the physical labor over with, so that there would be an actual establishment for others to stay in. With her large size came great strength, so work was easy for her. In a matter of time, there were three tiny, tidy dens huddled together for Silica and her new friends to stay in. Pleased with her progress, she smiled. The gooby’s dream was closer than ever to becoming a reality.

Fourth, busy meant searching.
    With solid, stable places to stay built on babylon, it was time for Silica to search for lost souls to save; to bring back to babylon to live in the now empty establishment. She knew that this would be a very emotional expedition, but it was what she had to do. This wasn’t about just her anymore. It was about helping her species and trying to bring them back together again. With a sigh, silica boarded her starship once again, and set off into space to search for other surviving goobies. She didn’t know what she’d find, or what condition she’d find them in, but she knew she had to help.

Finally, busy meant grieving and accepting.
    After an unsuccessful search of finding nothing more than evidence of goobies previously residing on some planets, a discouraged Silica steered her ship back towards Babylon. What she’d find there would send her into a shock much worse than any sadness she’d faced from her unsuccessful search. She came back to find babylon in ruins. The planet was in pieces, and what had previously been sturdy, standing dens were now nothing more than space rubble, stranded in the middle of nowhere. A gooey tear formed in the corner of her eye. Whatever got Omicron-06 had taken Babylon from her as well. The sight brought an immense wave of nostalgia and grief over the gooby. From that moment, she decided that planets weren’t safe anymore. The only place of safety was inside of her starship. Filled with a new purpose, Silica turned her starship around and blasted away. She couldn’t give up. She had to find more goobies and bring them with her on her ship, before their planet ended up in the same condition as babylon. She chose to call her ship Babylon-02, with the same goal in mind as her former planet.

[725]
𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝓂𝑒 𝑜𝓃
𝒶 𝓏𝑒𝓃𝒾𝓉𝒽

streak
she/her
bisexual
beechclan
buttermilks
my kals
minigames

art by foxe on fr

Streak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WolfWinter » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:08 pm

This is now closed! I will post results either tonight, or sometime tomorrow ^^

Alright, this one was a tough one. I liked the ideas for both of your forms! Here's what I loved about your forms;

hawkfire102:
I felt for Galva on not wanting to move on retaining some hope of finding her friends and family. Not knowing where they are, how to find them, or if they're even still alive is heart-wrenching. The subtle dynamic between her and your captain Infernus was interesting, as well. The way I read it was that he was both uncomfortable with her desperateness, and if he should make that he may not be able to keep. I do hope she can find someone she knew, because it would at least give her a sense of closure and peace if she can't find out about everyone else.

Streak:
I really liked how you formatted your ideas, so that each flowed into the other and provided easily broken down sections. They reminded me of the stages of grief, and how Silica went through mourning in her own way. I like that you have each section set out for a specific thing Silica did to help her push through, and the details you put into it. Her starting small on her utopia, and being so proud of it, then coming back to planet being destroyed when she returned was a blow when she was still down. Naming her ship after her city was a nice touch. The end has me wondering where she's going to go, and who she's going to meet, as well.

Congratulations Streak on Silica! I can't wait to see where her story leads ^^
I hope you can reuse your idea for Galva, hawkfire!

To Do

▪ Commissions
▪ ARPG
▪ Work
x
x

Trades Open
Awesome Peeps
~xXx~xXx~
~xXx~xXx~

ImageImage