Pyrenean Wolfhound #50 by lovestruck

Based on Click to view
Artist lovestruck [gallery]
Time spent 53 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Pyrenean Wolfhound #50

Postby lovestruck » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:52 pm

What is a Pyrenean Wolfhound? wrote:Pyrenean Wolfhounds are a breed recently discovered roaming the Pyrenees mountains, by a group of hikers. These hikers found a small pack of the breed, and brought it to the attention of local scientists, who have deliberated and decided that these dogs originated from the Russian Wolfhound, or as they’re more commonly referred to, the Borzoi. Their theory is that a small group of them was released- perhaps escaping from a campsite or home- or a crashed truck. Over quite a long time, the dogs began to adapt slightly, and develop a hardy body, equipped with grippy paw pads that allowed for them to scale the mountains more easily. Despite being feral dogs, they have cheerful, friendly personalities, and are now open to being adopted out to homes. Although they’re quite a rare sight, scientists have begun to breed them and they’ve become a favorite among families and singles alike.

Owner: HowlingHooves
    Name: Odessa
    Sire: foundation
    Dam: foundation
    Phenotype: gold/cream piebald + black
    Genotype: kk/ee/cchcch/bb/Dd/aa/mm/hh/sisp/tt/Ll + KK/Ee/CchCch/Bb/Dd/ayat/mm/hh/SS/tt/LL
    breeding notes:
    -somatic May pass at 15% if both parents have it, 10% if one parent
    -dominant coat is cream piebald, passes at 70% if chimeric doesn’t pass
    -recessive is black, passes at 30%
    Stats: Intelligence: 66 Speed: 95
    Agility: 28 Stamina: 9 Strength: 2

Y’all I can’t believe we’re already at number 50!! I fell in love with this baby but I’m sure she’ll go to a good home <3
To win her, tell me a little about her bird companion- how they met, what their dynamic is? Unlimited writing, art and extras! c:
This will end on the 31st. Extensions may be granted!
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Collar:[/b] (has a predesigned special collar but feel free to choose a color or pattern!)
[b]Prompt Response:[/b]
Last edited by lovestruck on Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
lovestruck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pyrenean Wolfhound #50

Postby acronymm » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:56 pm

Name: She goes by Bluebelle, however, Bellevina is her real name, and Belle is her nickname.
Collar: A warm sunset!
Prompt Response: wip ❤️
Last edited by acronymm on Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

about wrote:
hey there!
acro/lyn ▴ she/they
feel free to send me a message, im friendly!
████████████
████████████
━━━━━ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████

status wrote:
on
and off
doing oekaki things
xxxx♡ ♡

━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐚
acronymm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby appiesauce » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:57 pm

reserving <3
xxxImage
xxxxxxxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xx
xxxxx
aspynn | she/her | adult
xxxxxxxxtoyhou.se / sketch shop

xxxxxxxxImage
appiesauce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby albino polar bear » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:57 pm

Last edited by albino polar bear on Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=4837231]Image[/url

Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=4604830]Image[/url]

There's always time for a story.
albino polar bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlToTheWind » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:32 pm

Name: Seraphine
Collar: Lavender and yellow ombre
Prompt Response: wip!!
Cain ∙ all prns ∙ isfp ∙ capricorn
━━━━━━━━━━━━━
thstableart shopcredit
━━━━━━━━━━━━━
"stop thinking so much"
HowlToTheWind

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mkulia » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:51 pm

Name: Serafina
Collar: canary yellow
Prompt Response: Wip c:
hello, i’m izzy!
she/her
Image Image
not very active, but i do come on from time to time
really bad at conversing, please be patient with me

mkulia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Rush Furry~ » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:40 am

Name: Artemis (Racing/Show name is “Goddess of War”)
Collar: The Predesigned Collar
Prompt Response:
- Born September 25th in Westmeath, Ireland, Artemis was fathered by a fairly well known show do, Lykan, and mothered by a herding dog, Munah. She was one of five total pups in the litter. Her owners had planned on raising the pups to either race, show, or (if all else fails) become herding dogs like their mother. Artemis was not the fastest, in fact, she couldn’t walk without having a strange limp! Her owners noticed it right away and immediately took her to the vet. The vet said that she had a rare birth defect that made her muscles in her front right leg weaker than the rest, causing the limp. The vet also told them that it was not life threatening, however, she would need therapy for a few hours a day to build up the muscles in her leg. Artemis, being too young to understand what was happening, was just overjoyed to spend time with her owners. She limped and tripped all over the field she did her therapy in. Her owners started to feel defeated after a few months. They helped her train less and less before finally deciding to sell her to a rich family in England. The goodbyes were tough for Artemis, but she was optimistic about the future!
- At her new home in England, her new owners owned a large plot of land equipped with a large field of daisy’s. She limped towards the open field, taking a look around. She stopped under a tree and sat down, taking in all the new sounds and smells, making her fur stand up with excitement. ”Hello stranger!” A chirp rang above her head. ”You are very pretty!” Where was this voice coming from....? She swiftly rose to her paws, looked around, and tucked her tail between her legs. ”Up here, silly!” She looked up into the tree and barked, “Oh.... Hi! Sorry I didn’t notice you up there!” It was a small little bird! A blue bird with a tiny orange beak with an orange and white belly. ”It’s okay! I’m used to going unnoticed, being small and everything.” The little bird ruffled with feathers happily. ”OH! I almost forgot! I’m Pip, the little bird! Others think I’m a baby..... but I’m not THAT young. Heheh. So what’s your name??” Artemis sheepishly wagged her tail and sat down. ”I’m Artemis! I’m a Pyrenean Wolfhound. I’m not too young either, even though I’m small and have a limp.” her ears lowered slightly when she mentioned her limp. ”Your limp??? Is everything okay?” Little Pip asked her softly, swooping down to sit next to her. Artemis felt a cool breeze through her fur and raised her head slightly. ”I was born with a rare muscular defect in my front right leg.... I limp a lot.... more than other dogs. My old owners gave up on me and sold me to this family.” She looked down at the bright blue bird and lowered her ears more. Pip hopped closer to her and tweeted, ”Wow. I-I’m sorry, I had no idea. If it makes you feel better, I think you walk beautifully! OH! And these people have all sorts of special needs dogs! Chipper the Golden Retriever is missing her back left leg, Kepler the Dachshund only has his two hind legs, and Belle the German Shepherd has Dwarfism Syndrome. They’ve all been through what you’ve been through. Maybe they can help you!” The little bird spread his wings as if to celebrate Artemis and the dogs he listed. Artemis smiled and wagged her tail more, looking down at Pip. ”Thank you, Pip!” She barked cheerfully. ”I have to go, it’s getting dark, but I’ll hopefully see you around!” Pip chirped before flying away. Artemis watched the little bird fly off before following her nose towards the house, where a sweet aroma lured her inside.
- Once inside, she was greeted by three dogs: Chipper, Kepler, And Belle. ”Good evening! I’m Kepler!” The Dachshund piped up, wagging his tail. ”This is Chipper and Belle!” He motioned towards the dogs behind him. ”Hello! It’s nice to meet you all! I’m Artemis!” She barked in return. Her tail wagged slowly and shyly. Her nose twitched as she smelled the sweet aroma coming from the kitchen. ”Kepler, it’s Sweetened Swedish Meatball night!” Chipper barked from behind him, ”We should go into the kitchen with Maggie and Bruce!” Kepler rolled his eyes and barked, ”I’ll meet you two in there.... I’m going to show Artemis around!” He waited for the two other dogs to go into the kitchen before saying, ”Maggie and Bruce are our owners. They treat ya like royalty!” He began to lead Artemis around, showing her all of the rooms and even her own bed. Kepler then lead her back to the kitchen where they all ate together. That night she slept well and dreamt of back home with her brothers and sisters.
- The next morning she woke up bright and early, sneaking outside the backdoor. The morning dew filled her nose with a fresh, crisp smell. She stretched and bounded, but falling a few times, over to the tree where she had met Pip. She looked around, but no Pip. Saddened, she decided to try and run. She started by walking, then sped up to a trot. She trotted a bit before falling. She whimpered and rose to her paws, trying again.... but only to fall over.... and over again. She whimpered and sat up, slouching as she sat in the field. ”Don’t give up now, Artemis!” A shrill chirp rang out from above her. Pip! She’s looked up and smiled, seeing the little bird circling above her. ”Come on Artemis! You’ve got this! Don’t give up now!” He continued to chirp as he flew above her. Artemis rose back to her paws and trotted again, only to fall after a few paces. She shook off the dirt and kept trying. After a few more attempts, Pip chittered, ”Take a break Artemis! You’ve been working hard for a while!” He flew down and sat next to her. ”So tell me about your family.... Assuming, you have parents and siblings...?” Artemis looked down at the little bird and barked, ”I do.... I miss them a whole lot. My mother, Munah, was a Great Pyrenees. A herding dog. She helped me the most, even when my owners gave up on me. My father too! He was a Borzoi mix. He was Lykan, a very popular show dog and race dog. My siblings.... they umm... they didn’t like me too much.... once my owners started spending more time with me, they always teased me and picked on me. They made me feel so ugly and shameful. My mother and father always scolded them but it didn’t matter. My mother always told me, ’Never acknowledge the negativity other give, but always acknowledge the praise you receive.’ Pip ruffles his feathers and looked up at the Pyrenean. ”Your mother and father sound amazing!” He tweeted happily. Artemis nodded slowly and shook away the sorrow creeping up on her. She leapt to her paws and barked, ”Come in Pip.... I need to try. One more time! I can do this! I know I can!” Pip leapt into the air and chirped, ”I believe in you, Artemis! You go girl!” She wagged her tail slowly and started walking. She then sped up to a trot, being careful of her limp. Once she got a feel for her trot, she drew in a deep breath and leapt into a slow paced run. She smiled wide before tripping and taking a tumble into the daisies. ”PIP!!! Did you see that?! I did it!!! I ran!!!” She howled excitedly. Pip flew in circles with excitement and tweeted, ”YES!!! GO ARTEMIS!!!” Athena sat up straight and barked, ”I did it.... Wow.... I can do this, Pip. I can live my dream!” Pip tilted his head and chirped, ”Oh? And what’s your dream?” Artemis looked up at him and barked, ”I want to be a racing and show dog! Just like my father!” her tail wagged a million miles an hour. ”I can do it! With you by my side, I can do anything.... you make me feel beautiful and invincible! Will you help me...?” She barked to the little bird. Pip swooped down and gently nestled himself between her ears and tweeted, ”I will always be by your side, Artemis.... I promise!” (SEE ARTWORK #1 FOR VISUAL!)
- Over the course of the next year, Artemis would meet Pip outside near the tree every morning. Pip would always give Artemis motivation and guidance. The three other dogs found her outside one evening with Pip and decided to help her. Chipper gave Artemis tips on sprinting with her limp. ”Always make sure you don’t focus on your limp. When you do, you fall. Unlike me, you can be cured, which is great! Just don’t focus on it and you’ll do great!” Chipper had once told her. ”You got this Artemis!” Pip would cheer her on. Artemis’s owners noticed her running around with Pip and the other dogs and they immediately signed her up for a race. She found out through Belle that her owners noticed the work she was putting into her training and signed her up for a race. She was THRILLED! She was finally going to live her dream and race! By then, her limp was pretty much healed and she was ready to go!
- ”Will I see you at my first race...?” Artemis asked Pip. ”I wouldn’t miss it for the world! He chirped happily. She wagged her tail and turned to the other three dogs, ”Thank you all for your help this past year. I’m sorry you can’t make it....” Kepler chuckled and said, ”Hey no sweat, dear. Bruce is staying home and watching it over the tele so we can see you that way!” The dogs gave her good luck lick kisses on her cheeks before she slightly limped out the door with her female owner, Maggie. Pip had flown close to the car while they drove so he wouldn’t get lost, and so Artemis would be calm and reassured. She was jittery from excitement. She couldn’t wait to run. The wind in her fur, the smells, the sounds, and her best friend would be there to see it all!
- At the track, she started to get nervous and shake slightly. ”Don’t worry Artemis! Everything is going to be okay! Win, Lose, or Draw, you’ll always be my best friend!” Pip tweeted as he flew above Artemis and Maggie. Artemis looked up and smiled with a slight nod, her shaking now very minimal. Once inside, her senses erupted with all the smells. Hot dogs, popcorn, champagne, dogs, perfume. She looked around swiftly at all of the people in strange bright colored outfits. The female humans seemed to wear large hats with lots of feathers and fur. She looked up for Pip, but he was not there. Bird were not allowed inside the area she was in. She whimpered lightly as she was lead to the large open space where they held the dogs before the race. Pip flew around and waited for Artemis. ”Artemis!” He tweeted once he saw her. He landed nearby her and ruffled his feathers. ”It’s okay to be scared! I’m a bit nervous myself, to be honest. But, it’s going to be great! We are gonna have fun!” He chittered happily to her. ”Thanks Pip.... I guess it’s just all the sights and smells. It’s scary.” She barked softly as she looked around. Pip flew over to Athena and nestled between her ears. This always calmed her down in the last, and I was most certainly helping now. She smiled slightly and relaxed. After a few minutes, humans came and started taking the dogs. ”Good luck, Artemis! I’ll be waiting for you at the finish line!” He chirped before flying away unseen by the humans. Artemis rose to her paws before she heard a familiar growl. ”Hey Limpy” It was her brother, Harron, standing next to her other brother, Reiner. She quickly turned away from them before swiftly walking with the human leading her. ”I didn’t know they let disappointments race?!” Reiner sneered and then Harron barked, ”Ya know, I always thought you went to the pound. That limp was unlovable.” She started getting upset as she heard Reiner and Harron spitting insults at her. She got her number wrapped around her. A bright red banner with a white number 5 on the side. Below the number it had her show name, Goddess of War. She looked at it in awe. She looked back at her two brothers and furrowed her brows. ”Never acknowledge the negativity others give, but always acknowledge the praise received.” echoed in her mind. Then she remembered what Pip had always said, ”You are beautiful and a true Goddess! You can do anything you want!” She smiled and got ready to race.

- And they were off! Artemis leapt out of the gate and flew forward. She kept her eyes peeled ahead of her. She started to see all the other dogs inch ahead of her and she grew worried and anxious. What was she thinking?! How could a disabled dog like her best all these abled dogs?! She had forgotten everything until she looked slightly up and saw a little blue bird. Pip! ”Race you to the finish line, Artemis!” She heard the little bird chirp. ”What happened to you being at the finish line?!” She barked happily, which he then replied, I can’t let you have all the fun!” She giggled and looked back down at the track, determined to at least beat Pip. She didn’t care about anyone else of the track but Pip. She has never been able to beat him while she trained, so hopefully today was the day she beat him. She turned the bend and saw it.... the finish line. She looked up and saw Pip above her. She lurched forward, ahead of Pip and saw a flash. She heard the crowd roar with excitement and everyone rising out of their stands. ”YOU DID IT ARTEMIS!!!! YOU WON!!!!” Pip chirped happily, flying in circles above her. She wagged her tail and leapt around happily with Pip. Maggie rushed forward and threw her arms around Artemis. ”Good girl! I am so proud of you!” Maggie praised her, rubbing the sides of her fluffy neck. Artemis felt a lace wrap around her. She looked down and saw a turquoise lace with small pink flowers and a gold chain had been wrapped around her. ”A true Goddess!” Pip tweeted happily and nestled himself on the lace, near the flowers.
- That evening, everyone, owners and dogs, were sitting outside watching Artemis and Pip prance around happily and merrily. ”I want a rematch!” Pip tweeted excitedly, ”It’s my turn to win!” Artemis giggled and barked, ”Okay fine. I’ll just beat you again!” She leapt into a sprint with Pip flying above her. Together the two raced each other against the painted sky of a setting sun. (SEE ARTWORK #2 FOR VISUAL!)

Artwork #1!
Artwork #2!
Artwork #3!
Last edited by ~Rush Furry~ on Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
~Rush Furry~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clemen » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:01 am

Name: Angelica
Collar: keeping collar like it is now c:
Prompt Response:
angelica was bred into a rich family along
with her sister Alexandra and her brother Noah.
they were of course spoiled. alex and noah were
older than angelica. angel always looked up to
them, thinking of them as role models. angel was
the most spoiled because she was the youngest.
noah was next. and alex hardly got any attention.
every thought of her as all grown up and big and
tough. angel thought this was wrong and always
shared everything with alex despite alex calling
her runt, worthless, and weakling. angel sometimes
went to bed hungry because she had been so kind
to alex and gave her all of her food. one day angel
got a diamond collar and alex got silver. alex was
furious and told angel that she was going to take her
somewhere special for being so kind. angel of course
believed her. alex took her to a gross looking river
and pushed her in. alex left with not a hint of sadness
or pity. angel thought she was dead. she ended up
washed up on shore were two men put her in a truck
and drove away. she was in the car for hours before they
stopped and threw her into a cage. why would alex do this..?
angel was neglected and abused from this
point on. she wanted to just disappear. she was stuffed
in a tiny cage along with three other pyrenean
wolfhounds. angel was starved and almost forced
to die. she went on like this for the for one
year of her life. when she was about to give up
hope a human came and let her go. she finally
was free. from this point on angel trusted no one.
never again. she thought every thing, item, and
person were all liars. angel was almost captured
by a young man and brought into a nice household.
but she bit the man and got away. angel was living
off of dumpster food and water from muddy streams.
she didn't see a purpose in life and was basically waiting
to die off. angel liked to day dream about being back
with noah and alex. everything was good again. but no,
her own flesh and blood betrayed her and sent her away
because she was selfish and greedy. angel fell asleep in
an alley way one night. she kept hearing "cheep"cheep"
coming from a bush of brambles. she got so sick of
it that she went over to look what it was. angel was
so shocked that for one of the first time in years that
her eyes were full of tears. a baby bird lay in the thicket,
it's blue and orange feathers full of mud and dirt. its
wing was twisted. angel tried to think instead of not
crying. because angel didn't have a good life didn't mean
that this baby bird couldn't. angel let a tear escape from
'her as she started to untangle the brambles. "its ok.." she
whispered softly like a mother would talk to her pups. the
bird looked into her eyes sadly. angel knew that she had to
work fast but gently. if she didn't then this bird wouldn't
have a life. she finally got them out and they couldn't
stand because of the imbalance on the wings. angel took
her to a cardboard box and began to adjust her wing. in
a matter of ten months it was healed. one day angel looked
at the bird. "so i guess you need a name little guy?" angel
said as she gave a sad like chuckle. the bird tilted her head.
"i think blueberry is a fine name for you my little friend."
she said as the bird gave a nod. the bird jumped on angels
shoulder. angel realized that blueberry wanted her to be
her guide. her friend. angel nuzzled the bird. after this angel
became a lot brighter and the townspeople began to know
her as "angel the merciful mother" because no matter what
angel would show mercy to any animal. the townspeople
grew to love her and blueberry. the chef fed angel left over
chicken and blueberry left over seasoned garlic bread. the
dresser made her a collar out of her finest threads and blueberry
a little cape. the baker sometimes gave her bread to deliver and threw
in and extra piece of bread for blueberry. the blacksmith made them
both diamond tiaras. all the townspeople loved them. alex came
over to her and said how sorry she was. "alex my sister my friend.
i will forgive you for your sin if you promise my on your honor that
you will never do anything like that to me, blueberry, or anyone
every again. alex began to cry and promised. noah also greeted
angel and said he was sorry he didn't stop alex. angel forgave
him. the townspeople decided to make angel protecter over the
town. they called her "Merciful mother Angel". they had a statue
of her in the middle of town. angel had finally got her happy
ending with her best pal blueberry.

[847 words/infinity]

Last edited by clemen on Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
clemen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crackerbox_palace » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:01 pm

woahh mark!!

Name:
        Collar: (has a predesigned special collar but feel free to choose a color or pattern!)
        Prompt Response:
crackerbox_palace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlingHooves » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:00 pm

Name: Odessa
    Collar: Keep please c:
    Prompt Response:

When wings become frail
    In the dark hours, til morning
    Protecting warmth sleeps
    ——————————
    Breezes and singing
    Running beside a blue bird
    Summer spent active
    ——————————
    Cold air loneliness
    Awaiting a friends’ return
    Eyes focused on glass

Odessa holds a very close bond with the little bird, who has no official name but is referred to as Cheer.
    She and Cheer are nigh inseparable during spring, summer and the first autumn weeks; Odessa would rather sleep outdoors, save for cases of bad weather, in order to be near the pump-feathered bird. They’re an odd couple, but one that traverses any human titled boundaries, as Cheer reciprocates any and all affection given by his much larger friend. They’re a sight to see while Cheer is available, Odessa carefully playing with the wild bird, or the two racing under the summer sun. There’s plenty of birdseed left for Cheer, so he never goes hungry while staying near.
    But, as some bluebirds tend to do, he migrates each winter to escape the harsh cold, leaving Odessa worried for the first few days, before simply settling into an anxious, if not a bit hollow shell of herself while snow storms peak and icicles freeze. It’s a pitying sight, and a thought of what may happen should he not return from one seasonal migration, or perhaps he will only to pass on while with Odessa...
    Such thoughts are quickly left ignored when spring thaws, as always this little fellow has come back singing proudly, flitting back and forth before the glass door of the back porch where his canine companion stares out and searches for him. He’s as excited as Odessa is each return! One day, Odessa’s handler hopes she can encourage the two inside and manage to keep little Cheer warm and fat and happy over winter, if only to keep the big girl happy. Of course this would never likely happen, not really, but it’s a nice thought all the same, if it means Odessa and Cheer don’t need to part ways for so many months!
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me