Time spent 1 hour, 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by oakfire

Euphorian Thoroughbred #E007

Postby oakfire » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:56 am

Welcome to the Fallen Oaks Farm Event
It is here that an illegal Euphorian Thoroughbred breeding operation was shut down by local authorities. All of the mares, stallions, and of age foals are in need of homes. There will also be some mares that still have their foals that need to be taken care of. Euphorian lovers from all over have come together to get homes for all of the animals. They've brought giant trailers and are ready and waiting to bring home a bunch of new faces. But before adopting, they must visit the trailer parking site. Welcome to Fallen Oaks Farm!

Username: Laurara
Show Name: Ruptured Rose
Barn Name: Fleur
Height: 16.2 HH ( when fully grown )
Eye Color: Bottle green
Phenotype: Smoky black pearl overo
Genotype: EE | aa | Crprl | Oo
Mane Type: Standard
Discipline: Dressage
Halter: Baby pink
Breeding Info:
- will always produce black-based foals
- should not be bred to another overo (LWO)
Edit List:
- perked ears
- long tail

this little filly has been whinnying loud. her cries cross the barnyard and cut through the chaos easily; what lungs she has! she looks as ill-kept as all the other horses, but bright eyed, and she stops whinnying when people walk by the pen or say hello. she's curious, too, trotting up to the fence and snuffling at hands. it's when people leave that she starts to cry out again.

for this girl, write about how you would make her feel a little less lonely when you bring her home. minimum 200 words, no limit!

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] ( when fully grown )
[b]Halter:[/b]
[b]Discipline:[/b]
[b]Link to Trailer Park Entry:[/b]
[b]Story:[/b] (minimum 200 words)

ends: august 28
Last edited by oakfire on Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
unlikely to come back.
oakfire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Euphorian Thoroughbred #E007

Postby BadgerBuddies » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:42 am

Username: BadgerBuddies
Show Name: BBR Love Is Power
Barn Name: Lovebug
Halter: Pink
Discipline: Driving
Link to Trailer Park Entry: x
Story: When I hauled my trailer out to this farm, I willingly loaded my mare Godiva on to bring with me. It was my intention that she would help soothe any scared or stressed out horses and allow them to trailer and travel home safely. I realized that my currently owned mare would not be able to stay with any of the horses I bring home 24/7, and I wondered if that would be an issue for any of my potential adoptees. When I heard the needy screams of one filly in particular, I knew my hunch was confirmed.

It didn’t even seem as though this fully minded being separated from the other horses. It was when a human stopped giving her attention and walked away that she would cry out in need. The poor thing, so disheveled and uncared for for the entirety of her short life so far. All she wanted was some attention for humans who were actually kind, who could actually care for her.

I remembered a trick that I had used when I first brought a new puppy home years ago. I still had what I needed at home to recreate it for this foal. It was a fuzzy, soft little pouch that could hold a hot water bottle inside. It was also big enough that other things could be stuffed inside, something that had someone’s scent on it. For a dog, it could be something that smelled like it’s mom, so that it didn’t feel as upset in it’s new home. For this foal, I could put something of my own inside of it, that way she would think I’m still there with her, even after I leave for the night. It could provide warmth to the baby overnight when it was all alone as well. The plush covering of the pouch also made it inviting for cuddles for a lonely foal, I would imagine. Yeah, I think that would be something perfect to use for this little foal during the night when Godiva is away in her own stall and when I’m in bed.
BadgerBuddies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Unbridled- » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:49 pm

Username: -unbridled-
Show Name: Hear My Roar
Barn Name: Serenity
Halter: Turquoise
Discipline: Driving
Link to Trailer Park Entry: Here
Story: (minimum 200 words)Serenity always had a love for humans from the day they were born. Despite how cruel her owner was, she thought that humans were like horses and that not all of them were bad and that they could change for the better. She was one of the only horses out of all the others that were there who had faith in humans. She never let the opinions of other horses sway hers. When the rescue groups came, she was very excited to see them. As time passed, and the crowd began to die down, the filly's cries became louder in desperation. That's when I noticed the filly. I knew I had to rescue her before kind heart turned bitter towards human. I did everything I had to do to get the filly. Fill out release forms, register her. It was a long process but it was all worth it. I came up with a plan to keep her a little less lonely while she was occupying the equestrian center. She would already be with plenty of horses throughout the day, but I knew the attention she craved was from humans. I decided as she grew a little bit, she would be used to train young children how to ride horses. She would also do driving. She would have attention from humans almost all day. She will be able to go on walks through trails with the older riding horses, and receive all of the attention she's been deprived of for her whole life, until now.

255 words
-Unbridled-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:38 am

Username: Queen Vivane
Show Name: Heart Of Stone
Barn Name: Marble
Halter: Pink
Link to Trailer Park Entry: Here
Story:
A small grubby muzzle poked over the top of the fence, little nostrils taking in all the smells as it possibly could. The sound of little hooves clattering excitedly on the floor of the pen and high pitched whinney's caught Isabela's attention as she neared the wall. Looking into the pen she found an excitable little filly who was all too eager to try and snuffle at hands. Despite being s filthy as the rest of the horses the little ones eye's were bright and she seemed to be genuinely excited about everything.

After a few moments Isabela simply opened the gate and slipped inside the pen, crouching to be on the filly's level. Reaching out she gently rubbed the dainty muzzle, sneaking a hand into her pocket in order to fish out a sugar cube. The filly squealed in excitement she inhaled the scent of the sweet treat. Holding the cube just enough so that filly could see and smell it but not eat it, Isabela opened the gate. Backing out slowly she coxed the filly to follow her, the little grubby one followed eagerly nose almost stuck to the sugar cube. Much to the amusement of everyone who saw the pair.

Upon reaching the trailer Isabela opened up the side door, hitting the button to turn the small set of stairs into a ramp in order to take the little filly into the trailer where she allowed the little one to eat the sugar cube. All while slipping a specialty foal headcollar over the filly's head and making sure the bottom of the trailer was covering in a nice layer of straw. The dark haired woman tied the attached leadrope to the metal ring in the wall. Slipping back out the door she folded the stairs up and shut it gently, then hopping up into the cab and putting the trailer in gear before setting off toward her farm.

The journey back was simple and easy with Isabela softly talking to the filly who eagerly seemed to listen. Upon reaching the farm, Isabela swiftly parked the trailer and removed the filly from inside. Gently leading the foal into the barn, allowing some of the gentler residents to greet to excitable filly. A bay mare with dark paint markings whickered softly at the pair.

"What do you think Freya? Willing to teach and take care of little Marble?" Isabela cooed to the mare who seemed almost amused at the question, reaching down to snuffle at the filly. "Excellent, I knew I'd be able to count on you" the dark haired told the Khimaira Frisian mare. The lead mare would keep the filly company until the little one was old enough to go out with the bigger foals.
458 words
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lavellan » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:18 am

Link to Trailer Park Entry: Here!
    Story:
      The drive home was heartbreaking. Truly.
      Even with the radio at a normal volume, I could hear her cries. “I’m alone in here!” She seemed to call, “And it’s scary!” And, during the journey, it continued.
      “It’s dark in here!”
      “Where are you taking me?”
      Each whinny seemed to be louder than the last, more desperate, more fearful. And I felt terrible for it.

I made sure to smother her with love when we arrived, giving scratches to her favourite spots and giving plenty of treats. That first night, I fell asleep in the stable, because every time I tried to leave, those haunting whinnies would start again, and the guilt of forcing her through the whole journey forced me to stay. I slept on the soft hay, her gentle head in my lap, her soft breaths lulling me into the depths of sleep.
      The next day, she followed me the entire day, from the moment that I first fed the other horses to the moment I stopped for the day. Like an invisible leadrope tying her muzzle to my elbow, she followed with rarely a meter to spare. When I was leading the other horses to pasture, she followed. When I was filling feedbuckets, she followed. And, when I brought her back to her stall in the evening, she followed. When I tried to shut the door, she tried to follow me back out, and the expression I received when I bolted the door hurt my heart.
      “You can’t come back to my house!” I tried to explain, but the large, sad eyes continued. “And I can’t stay here another night. We need to rest, and I’ll see you in the morning.” Stroking her nose, I turned to leave, and as soon as I shut the barn door, the whinnying started again. Solemn and sad, the calls were quickly accompanied by a banging of her stall door.
      Sighing deeply, I crept through the barn door, and, as soon as she spotted me, her calls were replaced by giddy whickers, urging me over. “We can’t keep doing this.” I murmured, earning only a cheery whinny in response. Sighing, I loosed the latch of her stall, allowing her to let herself out of the stall. She nosed through, and, within seconds, was at my side again. Turning, I went to the tackroom, hoping to find a blanket or something that might comfort her.
      Of course, she followed, but as I walked into the room, I heard her hoofsteps stop. Turning, I saw that she was fascinated by something high on a shelf. Standing on my tiptoes, I spotted what she was looking for. Tucked away, forgotten about, was a small teddy bear, left behind by a young visitor to the barn one day. The cheesy toy, deep brown and with a little pink heart, was covered in a light layer of dust, which I dusted off. With a quiet whicker, the filly pushed her muzzle into my hand, wrapping her lips around the arm of the teddy.
      Holding the little toy, a look of delight on her features, I lead her back to her stall, and, to my surprise, she went in of her own accord. With a huff, the filly lay down, leaving the toy at her side, and, within moments, her eyes fluttered shut, and deep breaths showed me that she was asleep.
      Raising my eyebrows, I turned to walk away, not hearing any noise, even after I left the barn.
      And, the next morning, I returned to a silent, peaceful barn.
Lavellan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oakfire » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:15 am

Laurara wrote:
    Link to Trailer Park Entry: Here!
    Story:
    -snip-

congrats! this girl with grow on september 2nd! she's been cleaned up in the mean time c:
unlikely to come back.
oakfire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lavellan » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:20 am

Aah, thank you so much! <3