Time spent 11 hours, 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
19 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Guild Recruit 012

Postby GODEATER » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:25 pm

CATACOMBS wrote:
[ main thread ]
The catacombs are a vast underground network of tunnels, only accessible by a few select spots on the surface.
Ancient cats carved and explored these tunnels through centuries of hard work. At the heart of the catacombs
is a nook bustling with life: Catalena. Here cats live harmoniously in groups called guilds, in which every memb-
er has it's own special role. There are merchants, barbarians, witches, foragers, every type of citizen you could
imagine. Everyone contributes to Catalena in their own way and keeps it safe for the cats that live there.

x
Name: river
Role: mage
Guild: Fate's Vagrants
---
Level: 0
EXP: 0
____________________________________________________________________________________________

you must have already registered your guild and have a founder to enter!

owned by bad ideas dave

first adopt, i spent ages redesigning this for the colors ;;

this kid had to have gotten their knives from somewhere, give a story about how they got their knives, or make a comic! There is no word limit for writing, and prettying up is allowed.

ends on the 20th at 8:00pm (CST)

Code: Select all
username:
name:
guild:
prompt:
Last edited by GODEATER on Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.
GODEATER

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Guild Recruit 012

Postby rainboxys » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:26 pm

username: rainbows
name: Jaspis
role: fighter
guild: Fortuna Maxima
prompt:
how did they get their knives? wip
Last edited by rainboxys on Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bats // it/its // adult

my personal characters
are not up for sale or trade.

find me elsewhere @ rainboxys
discord: somnacanth
commission TOS

rainboxys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Canis. » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:28 pm

AAAA as much as i adore this baby i just dont have the time to get their form done!

good luck to the rest of you <3
Last edited by Canis. on Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Canis.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

【River】

Postby BlackWren » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:45 pm

Username: bad ideas dave

Name: River

Role: Mage

Prompt:

Image Image Image

Young bleary eyes struggled to stay open as a kit slowly made their way through The Catacombs.
... Where was her mother? She had ordered River to hide. To stay quietly there until she returned. But she hadn't come back and River was miserably cold in the dark passageway all by herself. By the fifth hour, she could be still no longer, and was determined to find her mother.
She started at the sound of movement up ahead - farther than she could see. Like that of falling glass and the soft rasp of breath. Sudden fear broke into her heart and she attempted to find a place to hide in the narrow passageway, digging her small claws into the dirt to clear it as quickly as she could. To no avail - she was far too small to move even enough for her own small body, and the walls of The Catacombs were tougher than anything she'd ever attempted to shred thus far.
She'd heard stories about the creatures that stalked The Catacombs by her mother. She obeyed her mothers warnings to never wander far from her side - to always travel in groups lest the creatures of the dark find you.
But River was alone and terror paralyzed her body as a Freezesprite stalked its way quickly down the corridor. Jagged pieces of it fell to the earth and shattered, swirling in blue and bitter cold.
A pitiful sound left her as she ran the other direction, small legs carrying her so slowly she thought she must be running in water. Her blue eyes filled with tears as she heard the beast behind her hiss and advance, leaping after her with a speed she knew she wouldn't match. She squeezed her eyes shut as she ran blindly, panic shooting hot and cold sensations from the top of her head to the tip of her tail.
I need to move faster! I need to go! I need... I need-!!
A horrible, screeching sound cut through her thoughts as the creature behind her howled in agony. It happened again. And again. Like metal against glass. But she didn't slow, didn't dare to look back.
But she was only so big, and she tired too quickly in this body.
... She had to look back.
So she did.

Image Image Image

She grunted as she pushed the Freezesprite's body off her sword, winching at the bite of the cold and shaking her numb paw to rid it of the sensation. Fate had been hunting this creature for hours now, slowly whittling it down in heath. It had managed to make quick work of some poor she-cat far before she had found the thing, and it had been gearing up to consume...
A small runt of a kit ran from her. Its fur matted and... She couldn't make out the details of color at the distance. So she followed at a gallop, easily keeping pace with the frightened thing. Fate slowed to a stop when the poor thing staggered, seemingly run out of all its power after it's frightening encounter.
Fate felt her heart break for the child as she beheld it.
The little girl resembled the she-cat she found in the Caverns eerily close. But her eyes weren't the slate grey of the she-cat. Fate noticed pools of deep navy and pupils as thin as knives within them. Something of a promise was held in those eyes - past the fear and the bristling fur... Fate saw the girl's potential. Saw her path laid out before her.
Saw the magic that followed in her like rivers of starlight.
So she smiled as gently as she could and said,
"Let's find you some place safer, small one."

Fate had to fight her - River she was told, after calling her "small one" too often for the kits liking. Tooth and claw and whisker alike were used to corral her back to her Guild Hall. She would not go peacefully, but once there... She watched her knife-like pupils expand, and saw the gold of her Guild reflected in those pools of navy. Kitlike wonder glowed on her face, and Fate chuckled softly and humored the kit by answering her questions and caving to her demands about wanting to see everything. Not that one could see all of Retribution in one day - a name Fate had given her keep, for now. Perhaps she would change it later, when she'd collected more members, but for now the name sung to her. Though River tried her best to be alert and excited, Fate saw her fatigue. It wouldn't be long until she collapsed into sleep, and tomorrow... Tomorrow Fate would have to tell River what end her mother had come to. Perhaps, not in detail... But the gossamer cloak she'd scavenged form the she-cat's remains were not hers to take - it would go to River when she was rested and had eaten.
"And these things-" River starts.
"My treasures." Fate amends for her as the kit rambles.
"-I've never seen anything like them! And there's..." She pauses and squints at the sides of Retribution. At the empty holes made in the walls, empty of treasure. "There's a lot of empty ones. Do you have more somewhere?"
Fate shrugs in reply, sitting next to the kit where she had stopped, before a crown of quartz and silver. A diadem of a queen long forgotten, but not by her.
"They will come to me in time. As you did." She smirks down at the now frowning kit, who's knife pupils seemed to will sharpness into her pelt.
Fate rolled her shoulder and stood, sweeping River up with her movement.
"You will have time to explore my hold tomorrow. After rest." She spoke in a tone that held no room for question. And River yawned largely in response, sleepily stumbling behind.
Fate tucked her away on a soft bed of moss, curling around the small kit as they settled into the darkness of her chambers.
And the guild leader feinted sleep as she questioned herself, and how she would tell this kit all the things she would wish only on her enemies.

Image Image Image

Months passed in Fate's care. At first, she had cursed the world and broken herself over the loss of her kin. But it was Fate who slowly and carefully put her back together again. Gave her life. Sowed the seeds of ambition and confidence, and fused her broken pieces back together again. Stronger than ever before, and in a way that spoke of her own tenderness.
She was brought to Catalena for the first time by Fate when she was five months old. Introduced to various mages who populated Catalena, taking her away to classes and to learn about the throb of magic she felt rising in her chest every time she breathed. It became a tangible, living thing. That spoke and moved with her. That she learned within months, basics.
And when she was a year and a day, Fate scrounged up a small party and said:
"My present to you... Is a test of your abilities. And a promise - that you belong to my guild of Vagrants, and us to you when you succeed."
Fate spoke to River of a Freezesprite in the Catacombs. Two beautiful daggers lodged in its frozen hide. A perfect start for River, if she was brave enough to claim those daggers. She would be sworn into Fate’s Vagrants if she succeeded. If she didn’t...
River raised her head proudly and met Fate's gaze.
"It would be my honor." She replied in full confidence.

A perfect start doesn't always mean an easy one. And River didn't expect one.
The beast was rabid. Dangerous. It's icy, biting cold burned her even with the thick protection of her fur. Red poured from her as she huffed and cast her next spell, never letting herself loose that levelheaded spirit Fate had carefully tended and reared over the year. She lashed at the Freezesprite and it howled in a glassy agony. Two other cats joined her, lasing out with their swords with practiced ease... But they left her to do the heavy lifting.
Her breaths were pants, and the magic in her flickered in her exhaustion...
The daggers. They were right there. Within her grasp if she could only just bring it down...
An idea struck her. Navy eyes darted side to side, taking in the stalactites that hung low in the cavern, illuminated by glowing lichen.
There.
She darted past the creature, using her swiftness to pass it and head for the mineral deposit. The Frostsprite followed as she predicted and scrambled up the embankment nearer to the stalactites. One particularly large and sharp one should do...
She whirled around, magic crackling around her form in excitement as the creature neared her. Unaware of it's danger. Of the trap River had willed into existence for the sorry monster. Bearing her teeth, she called:
"Your Fate is sealed." and lashed the last of her magic into breaking the pillar off the cavern's top.
It broke with a sickening snap, segments falling away but the point - so crucial to River's plan - held true.
It burned as it fell, radiant magic engulfing it as it struck her opponent directly in the back with a sickening crunch.
And the beast was no more.

Laughter rung from Fate's Vagrants as the Guild drunk within the many taverns of Catalena to celebrate River's full fledged membership.
But the pair - Fate and River - were in a quieter corner, speaking.
"You need to name those now." Fate mentioned with a faint smile, relaxed and noticeably proud of her newest addition.
"Name them?" River questioned, her eyebrows furrowing slightly as she took a sip of her drink. "What for? They're just knives."
Fate raised an eyebrow slowly at River and the she-cat closed her mouth, knowing not to push her Guild Master if she had a bone to pick.
"Naming them is crucial. It tells you what they stand for, and what they mean when you use them." Fate begins, crossing her arms. "I have named my own sword young one, and you would do well to remember that every blade can turn on its master."
River quieted, pressing her fingers to her mouth in thought. A name? What could she possibly name them?
The black obsidian daggers glint in the low light of the tavern, distinctly darker than the jovial atmosphere around them. They seemed to speak their own language when placed together like this... Like they could tell a story, if anyone would dare listen.
"... The larger one," River starts "I like the name Diplomacy. To protect peace between others, and settle my conflicts."
Fate nods in approval, her rye grin returning.
"But the smaller one." River sighs and rests her head in her paw, using her other hand to prod at it absentmindedly. "I haven't the slightest idea where to start with naming that one."
Fate gives a slight huff and rolls her shoulders, shaking her head.
"Manners." She says stiffly. "To be used sharply, and often."
Now it was River's time to grin. And a small laugh leaves her as the names settle into her chest and hum with delight.
"I love it." She breathes. sitting up straighter and eyeing Fate with bright navy eyes.
Fate just smiles in reply, pushing them closer to River.
"Welcome to the family, Vagrant of mine. Make use of your Diplomacy and Manners... And there will be nothing that can stand against you."
Last edited by BlackWren on Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 12 times in total.
[ Formerly Dave Egbert/bad ideas dave/Cherry-Prince ]

What's up fam! I'm Wren, and my life is a dumpster fire! ✌
Mostly come on now a days to check my messages. I'm not active on DA or anywhere else really anymore so don't feel bad if I don't reply for a while! I come and check messages every month or so.
DnD is my active hobby and I'm invested in Critical Role quite heavily :D
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

DATH
BlackWren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clemmie » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:50 am

maaAAArk
hi i'm clem
she/her adult infp

stables toyhouse

—— ——
sig by x | pfp by x
clemmie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:52 am

username: TheSongOfTheStars
name: Missik
role: junior thief
guild:
prompt:
Breath the dust in, breath the dust out, put one paw in front of another as quickly as possible. The roof tops are dangerous, usually he would have taken more care.
But as of the moment he was a little preoccupied.
Trying not to die.
Missik took another ill-aimed leap over a gap between two roofs and
Last edited by TheSongOfTheStars on Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GODEATER » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:29 am

one day reminder ^^
    discord: godeater
GODEATER

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waterglow » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:06 am

username: waterglow
name: Babylon
role: Fighter
guild: Emerald Guild
prompt:

----------Babylon could feel the hair on his spine rise, he wasn't alone here.
He swung his head around, frantically trying to locate this company, but
even in the moonlight it was impossible to see. Knowing he was vulnerable,
he bolted. The freezing night air filled his lungs, but it seemed hopeless. He
nearly accepted his fate when he came crashing into someone, almost
barreling them over. The distinct sound of throwing knives rung in his ears,
sticking in the ground near his feet. He picked them up, and knowing the
stranger couldn't behind this, followed them into the night.

----------Back at his camp, Babylon learned the stranger's name was pike,
and he was looking for cats to join his Guild. With nothing to lose, he strapped
his new knives to his belt and the two shook hands.
"Welcome to the Emerald Guild, Babylon."
she/her - adult - Taurus - artist

Hello! I'm waterglow, but you can call me Via.
I'm always open to chat and help with whatever you
need! I am not very good at communicating and I am on
the autism spectrum so please be patient with me as I am
trying my best! If I ever come off as rude please know
that I'm not trying to, It's most likely a tone issue on my end. :)
Sig and Prof pic made by
valkyrie,,

- Storage - Kalons - Boo Dragons
waterglow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GODEATER » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:02 am

closed for judging <3
GODEATER

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 【River】

Postby GODEATER » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:20 pm

bad ideas dave wrote:
Username: bad ideas dave

Name: River

Role: Mage

Prompt:

Image Image Image

Young bleary eyes struggled to stay open as a kit slowly made their way through The Catacombs.
... Where was her mother? She had ordered River to hide. To stay quietly there until she returned. But she hadn't come back and River was miserably cold in the dark passageway all by herself. By the fifth hour, she could be still no longer, and was determined to find her mother.
She started at the sound of movement up ahead - farther than she could see. Like that of falling glass and the soft rasp of breath. Sudden fear broke into her heart and she attempted to find a place to hide in the narrow passageway, digging her small claws into the dirt to clear it as quickly as she could. To no avail - she was far too small to move even enough for her own small body, and the walls of The Catacombs were tougher than anything she'd ever attempted to shred thus far.
She'd heard stories about the creatures that stalked The Catacombs by her mother. She obeyed her mothers warnings to never wander far from her side - to always travel in groups lest the creatures of the dark find you.
But River was alone and terror paralyzed her body as a Freezesprite stalked its way quickly down the corridor. Jagged pieces of it fell to the earth and shattered, swirling in blue and bitter cold.
A pitiful sound left her as she ran the other direction, small legs carrying her so slowly she thought she must be running in water. Her blue eyes filled with tears as she heard the beast behind her hiss and advance, leaping after her with a speed she knew she wouldn't match. She squeezed her eyes shut as she ran blindly, panic shooting hot and cold sensations from the top of her head to the tip of her tail.
I need to move faster! I need to go! I need... I need-!!
A horrible, screeching sound cut through her thoughts as the creature behind her howled in agony. It happened again. And again. Like metal against glass. But she didn't slow, didn't dare to look back.
But she was only so big, and she tired too quickly in this body.
... She had to look back.
So she did.

Image Image Image

She grunted as she pushed the Freezesprite's body off her sword, winching at the bite of the cold and shaking her numb paw to rid it of the sensation. Fate had been hunting this creature for hours now, slowly whittling it down in heath. It had managed to make quick work of some poor she-cat far before she had found the thing, and it had been gearing up to consume...
A small runt of a kit ran from her. Its fur matted and... She couldn't make out the details of color at the distance. So she followed at a gallop, easily keeping pace with the frightened thing. Fate slowed to a stop when the poor thing staggered, seemingly run out of all its power after it's frightening encounter.
Fate felt her heart break for the child as she beheld it.
The little girl resembled the she-cat she found in the Caverns eerily close. But her eyes weren't the slate grey of the she-cat. Fate noticed pools of deep navy and pupils as thin as knives within them. Something of a promise was held in those eyes - past the fear and the bristling fur... Fate saw the girl's potential. Saw her path laid out before her.
Saw the magic that followed in her like rivers of starlight.
So she smiled as gently as she could and said,
"Let's find you some place safer, small one."

Fate had to fight her - River she was told, after calling her "small one" too often for the kits liking. Tooth and claw and whisker alike were used to corral her back to her Guild Hall. She would not go peacefully, but once there... She watched her knife-like pupils expand, and saw the gold of her Guild reflected in those pools of navy. Kitlike wonder glowed on her face, and Fate chuckled softly and humored the kit by answering her questions and caving to her demands about wanting to see everything. Not that one could see all of Retribution in one day - a name Fate had given her keep, for now. Perhaps she would change it later, when she'd collected more members, but for now the name sung to her. Though River tried her best to be alert and excited, Fate saw her fatigue. It wouldn't be long until she collapsed into sleep, and tomorrow... Tomorrow Fate would have to tell River what end her mother had come to. Perhaps, not in detail... But the gossamer cloak she'd scavenged form the she-cat's remains were not hers to take - it would go to River when she was rested and had eaten.
"And these things-" River starts.
"My treasures." Fate amends for her as the kit rambles.
"-I've never seen anything like them! And there's..." She pauses and squints at the sides of Retribution. At the empty holes made in the walls, empty of treasure. "There's a lot of empty ones. Do you have more somewhere?"
Fate shrugs in reply, sitting next to the kit where she had stopped, before a crown of quartz and silver. A diadem of a queen long forgotten, but not by her.
"They will come to me in time. As you did." She smirks down at the now frowning kit, who's knife pupils seemed to will sharpness into her pelt.
Fate rolled her shoulder and stood, sweeping River up with her movement.
"You will have time to explore my hold tomorrow. After rest." She spoke in a tone that held no room for question. And River yawned largely in response, sleepily stumbling behind.
Fate tucked her away on a soft bed of moss, curling around the small kit as they settled into the darkness of her chambers.
And the guild leader feinted sleep as she questioned herself, and how she would tell this kit all the things she would wish only on her enemies.

Image Image Image

Months passed in Fate's care. At first, she had cursed the world and broken herself over the loss of her kin. But it was Fate who slowly and carefully put her back together again. Gave her life. Sowed the seeds of ambition and confidence, and fused her broken pieces back together again. Stronger than ever before, and in a way that spoke of her own tenderness.
She was brought to Catalena for the first time by Fate when she was five months old. Introduced to various mages who populated Catalena, taking her away to classes and to learn about the throb of magic she felt rising in her chest every time she breathed. It became a tangible, living thing. That spoke and moved with her. That she learned within months, basics.
And when she was a year and a day, Fate scrounged up a small party and said:
"My present to you... Is a test of your abilities. And a promise - that you belong to my guild of Vagrants, and us to you when you succeed."
Fate spoke to River of a Freezesprite in the Catacombs. Two beautiful daggers lodged in its frozen hide. A perfect start for River, if she was brave enough to claim those daggers. She would be sworn into Fate’s Vagrants if she succeeded. If she didn’t...
River raised her head proudly and met Fate's gaze.
"It would be my honor." She replied in full confidence.

A perfect start doesn't always mean an easy one. And River didn't expect one.
The beast was rabid. Dangerous. It's icy, biting cold burned her even with the thick protection of her fur. Red poured from her as she huffed and cast her next spell, never letting herself loose that levelheaded spirit Fate had carefully tended and reared over the year. She lashed at the Freezesprite and it howled in a glassy agony. Two other cats joined her, lasing out with their swords with practiced ease... But they left her to do the heavy lifting.
Her breaths were pants, and the magic in her flickered in her exhaustion...
The daggers. They were right there. Within her grasp if she could only just bring it down...
An idea struck her. Navy eyes darted side to side, taking in the stalactites that hung low in the cavern, illuminated by glowing lichen.
There.
She darted past the creature, using her swiftness to pass it and head for the mineral deposit. The Frostsprite followed as she predicted and scrambled up the embankment nearer to the stalactites. One particularly large and sharp one should do...
She whirled around, magic crackling around her form in excitement as the creature neared her. Unaware of it's danger. Of the trap River had willed into existence for the sorry monster. Bearing her teeth, she called:
"Your Fate is sealed." and lashed the last of her magic into breaking the pillar off the cavern's top.
It broke with a sickening snap, segments falling away but the point - so crucial to River's plan - held true.
It burned as it fell, radiant magic engulfing it as it struck her opponent directly in the back with a sickening crunch.
And the beast was no more.

Laughter rung from Fate's Vagrants as the Guild drunk within the many taverns of Catalena to celebrate River's full fledged membership.
But the pair - Fate and River - were in a quieter corner, speaking.
"You need to name those now." Fate mentioned with a faint smile, relaxed and noticeably proud of her newest addition.
"Name them?" River questioned, her eyebrows furrowing slightly as she took a sip of her drink. "What for? They're just knives."
Fate raised an eyebrow slowly at River and the she-cat closed her mouth, knowing not to push her Guild Master if she had a bone to pick.
"Naming them is crucial. It tells you what they stand for, and what they mean when you use them." Fate begins, crossing her arms. "I have named my own sword young one, and you would do well to remember that every blade can turn on its master."
River quieted, pressing her fingers to her mouth in thought. A name? What could she possibly name them?
The black obsidian daggers glint in the low light of the tavern, distinctly darker than the jovial atmosphere around them. They seemed to speak their own language when placed together like this... Like they could tell a story, if anyone would dare listen.
"... The larger one," River starts "I like the name Diplomacy. To protect peace between others, and settle my conflicts."
Fate nods in approval, her rye grin returning.
"But the smaller one." River sighs and rests her head in her paw, using her other hand to prod at it absentmindedly. "I haven't the slightest idea where to start with naming that one."
Fate gives a slight huff and rolls her shoulders, shaking her head.
"Manners." She says stiffly. "To be used sharply, and often."
Now it was River's time to grin. And a small laugh leaves her as the names settle into her chest and hum with delight.
"I love it." She breathes. sitting up straighter and eyeing Fate with bright navy eyes.
Fate just smiles in reply, pushing them closer to River.
"Welcome to the family, Vagrant of mine. Make use of your Diplomacy and Manners... And there will be nothing that can stand against you."

winner! added to the lines <3
GODEATER

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me