Name: Golass
Role: Fighter
Guild: Moonvale
---
Level: 0
EXP: 0
CATACOMBS wrote:
[ main thread ]
The catacombs are a vast underground network of tunnels, only accessible by a few select spots on the surface.
Ancient cats carved and explored these tunnels through centuries of hard work. At the heart of the catacombs
is a nook bustling with life: Catalena. Here cats live harmoniously in groups called guilds, in which every memb-
er has it's own special role. There are merchants, barbarians, witches, foragers, every type of citizen you could
imagine. Everyone contributes to Catalena in their own way and keeps it safe for the cats that live there.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

you must have already registered your guild and have a founder to enter!
my first adopt as an artist for catacombs! a simple friend with a lil pokey tooth and earrings

to adopt this lovely fellow, tell me what they think of your founder and guild! do they get along for the most part, or were they not always on steady ground? has there been past conflict, rivalry, betrayal, or friendship? why did they ultimately join your guild in the end? there is a minimum of 50 words and a maximum of 1000. prettying up is allowed but no extras please!

ends on the 19th at CS rollover (8PM EST)

won by Wileyfangs!
Last edited by Canis. on Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Canis.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Guild Recruit 008

Postby Wileyfangs » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:07 pm

username: Wileyfangs name: Golass gender: Female role: Fighter guild: MoonVale

It was never meant to have been a thing. Really Golass was just trying to get a quick few pieces of gold and get out of the tunnels. That was supposed to have been it. She'd already been kicked from Captain of the Guard, had her tail handed to her by those she'd believed would have had her back. So truthfully she didn't want to stay, never wanted to if she was truly honest with herself. So imagine her surprise when she bumps into little miss "Spitfyre".

Spitfyre who had been her best friend until her sudden change in Roles. Spitfyre who'd been everything Golass was trying to be and more and she just threw it all away!

If she'd stayed and done what she'd supposed to instead of keeping that creepy old guild that no one even went to anymore, then Golass wouldn't have been Captain of the Guard and could've been happy with that. Instead, she got second best. All because little head-in-the-clouds, Spitfyre had to go and change EVERYTHING!

So maybe she was a bit upset when it happened. And maybe the way she reacted could've been better. Starting a fight with the last cat she'd wanted to see in the whole world certainly didn't help matters. And Spitfyre still had a nasty left hook to boot. So when she was dragged by the scruff by those Guard goons coming to intervene on the fight, she hadn't expected for the chocolate-point to ask for her to be released. Nor had she expected for herself to be forgiven so easily, especially when she saw the scratches she'd struck along her cheek. Vindictive pride she'd felt at the time had long since faded when she watched her gather her things quietly, shoot her a sad smile and leave as though nothing happened.

It made her feel worse.

She stuck to the outskirts of the Catalena after that for the rest of the day until the shadows of the catacombs were long and the torches put on to help late-night stragglers find their way home, walking along to find a tavern to keep herself away from the public eye when she spotted her again. This time seeming to be haggling a price for some spiced milk with the bartender. It struck Golass as odd but when the point feline made her way out of the tavern carrying a gallon, she found herself wandering after her...

Wicke walked on for a while carrying her spiced milk, a jaunty step in her paws and her tail held aloft. For a guild founder, she moved with the purpose of a kitten walking after curfew, slow and unhurried. She supposed it had to do with the fact that being guild founder she didn't have to deal with silly things like curfews now. Even when she was in training, she'd always had to adhere to the invisible time constraints, nearly breaking her neck to get somewhere on time. So if she wanted a bit of an evening stroll, she'd take one. She'd already told Oso to stay home, the hellhound guarding over the guild with Gaston probably. Both making sure everything was alright in her stead. So truthfully she was in no hurry.

The gallon she carried sloshed from the momentum so she slowed for a minute. The patter of pawsteps echoed before coming to a stop and her ear perked in surprise. Trying not to appear alarmed, she forced a puff from her throat as she attempted to swallow back the sudden panic. She did NOT want to deal with being robbed right now. Last time Oso had nearly torn the cat in half and that was not pleasant.

It was a miracle they were alive.

So here she was with a gallon of spiced milk, being trailed by a stranger in the dark and trying not to accidentally summon Oso. A flash of annoyance crossed her features and she grabbed the spice milk again, taking care not to spill any of it to the stone floor. Well if she was going to be followed, she'd make sure it was the most agonizingly slow to watch.

And so it began.

The patter of paws behind her were frequent but now followed by audible huffs and repressed growls as Wicke started and stopped every five seconds for something or another. It got so bad that Wicke heard the snap of teeth in annoyance and had to stifle a giggle. It wasn't until they reached the MoonVale tunnel that she decided to stop.

"You know if you wanted to rob me, you should've done it at the tavern," she chirped with mirth turning to find two very familiar green eyes widened with surprise before narrowing in annoyance, the owner of them only half hidden by the dark as torches illuminated the empty Catalena. "But I guess you didn't wanna rob me, huh Golass?"

"I ought to for that awful way here!" Came the growl and Wicke snickered.

"Well, no one told you to follow me." She pointed out and the other feline glared before looking away.

"No one told you to change roles but you still did." Ah so that's what this was about. Wicke sighed and shook her head. "Actually a lot of family members did tell me to switch roles."

"And you listened?!" Wicke had to swallow against the frustrated growl in her throat as she glared at Golass who was glaring back at her stubbornly.

"Of course I listened! That's my family! Besides it doesn't help that I inherited this place." The flash in her eyes made Wicke tense at the hurt that glossed over them, a tug of guilt pulling at Wicke's heart. They were a family too, they seemed to say. But Golass pushed on and the look was gone just as quickly as it appeared.

"You shoulda let your wacko sister have it and stayed."

"You shoulda came with me."

"What if I don't want to?"

"That's up to you."

[1000 words]
Last edited by Wileyfangs on Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Wileyfangs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jolteon! » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:16 pm

username: Hollybun
        name: Woodrow
        role: Forager
        guild: The Silver Wings
        prompt: wip
jolteon!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kyum- » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:23 pm

username: kyum-
      name: glen
      role: fighter
      guild: the order of war
      prompt: wip asdfhkjsdf
currently wip (or forever idk)
but have a gif of my day6 boys <3
kyum-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlackWren » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:50 pm

too many things to do - dropping out!
    Love this kid tho sm :,>
Last edited by BlackWren on Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[ Formerly Dave Egbert/bad ideas dave/Cherry-Prince ]

What's up fam! I'm Wren, and my life is a dumpster fire! ✌
Mostly come on now a days to check my messages. I'm not active on DA or anywhere else really anymore so don't feel bad if I don't reply for a while! I come and check messages every month or so.
DnD is my active hobby and I'm invested in Critical Role quite heavily :D
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

DATH
BlackWren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:56 am

dropping... Good luck to everyone!
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---

The Pumpkin Queen | ∑a∂ µa††er | DolphinGirl4Ever
Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WolfTales » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:27 am

username: WolfTales
name: Nero
role: Fighter
guild: Cataclysm
prompt:

Nero traversed through the crowd at the market, stopping to gawk at guild members every once and a while. He had dreamed of joining a guild for ages now, but he's too much of a scaredy-cat. With a flick of an ear, he stopped at a stall of berries. All he was brave enough to do was take a leisurely walk through some forests and eat berries. Luckily the stall had one last bunch of his favorite berries.

Nero licked his lips as he reached for them only to see them snatched up quickly by another cat. He quickly looked to his left to see a brown and cream colored cat staring at them quizzically. He opened and closed his mouth trying to find the words and courage to speak up.

"Uh..e-excuse-" Nero was cut off by the cat jumping back in surprise.

"Ah, sorry. I didn't see you there." The cat chuckled a bit.

Nero found it hard to believe, he was right next to her, nearly in her line of sight. "Oh..it's fine.." He said, not wanting to start anything, especially now he was paying attention and could tell she was part of a guild.

She held her free paw out to Nero. "I'm Virva, leader of the guild Cataclysm." She introduced herself obviously enjoying her title.

Nero shook her paw in awe. "N-nice to meet you! I'm Nero, uhh..guildless I guess heh.."

Virva's eyes got wide. "You wanna join my guild?!" She asked without hesitation. Nero was taken aback by the straightforward cat before him. He'd never met someone like her.

"Uhh..I don't..I don't know..?" He mumbled a bit nervous.

"Come on! You'd be a great fighter, here come with me and I'll show you!" She said quickly tossing a small pouch of coins at the merchant and holding the berries in the air toward Nero. "I'll share!"

--

Nero looked around at the guild base which was in shambles. Dyes spilled and splattered everywhere, posters scattered across the floor and the building itself was hardly worth writing home about. But at the same time it gave a nice homely feel to it, he could hardly believe it was all done by Virva alone.

"Sorry about the mess," Virva said carefully approaching his right side. She looked at him thoughtfully before offering a berry. "I know it's not much now but one day we'll be the greatest guild in Catalena! Cats will know our guild far and wide!" Virva laughed a bit at the last part causing Nero to smile at the laid back attitude of this cat.

"It would be great, I've always wanted to join a guild myself but.." Nero trailed off, too embarrassed to continue.

"But what?"

"I don't know. I've always been too scared to."

Virva tilted her head and flicked her ear. "You? I thought your name 'Nero' meant big and strong cat?"

Nero laughed. "No. Not me. It's ironic really."

"Well why not change that by starting out here, in Cataclysm?" Virva asked with wide shining eyes. "I can teach you everything you need to know! Just stick with me, come on. What do you say?"

Nero looked at his paws doubtfully. "I don't know..I just don't know if I'm brave enough."

"Well you're here aren't you?"

The tom looked up in surprise at the cat who was standing tall and proud before him. She was right, he was already here and this place just felt..right. It felt friendly and like home despite its work in progress look. And Virva seemed like a great leader who would become a great friend one day.

"A-alright! I'll join your guild, Virva!" He said happily with new bright eyes.

Virva smiled. "Welcome aboard Nero! Let's clean this place up as your first mission here!"

Nero nodded excitedly, looking around. "This is going to take a lot of work."

"And the last one done is a rotten berry!" Virva challenged, running to complete her wall painting.

"Hey, no fair!" Nero launched himself into the race to clean up the guild, both of them laughing as they both raced to finish their task before the other.
WolfTales

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Canis. » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:01 pm

closed for judging! any forms or edits after this timestamp wont be counted.
Canis.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

congratulations!!

Postby Canis. » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:14 pm

Wileyfangs wrote:

username: Wileyfangs name: Golass gender: Female role: Fighter guild: MoonVale

i really apologize for how long that this took! i honestly really enjoyed all of the completed forms which were submitted and it was really hard to choose between you all, but ultimately i settled on Wileyfangs' submission for Golass! the conflict and history between Golass and Wicke really drew me into your response for the prompt, and i'm really curious as to where the pair of them will now go from here!

saralaxy and WolfTales, I'd like to award you with 10 currency for the effort you put into your forms as well!
Canis.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wileyfangs » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:47 pm

Ahhhh thank you so much! ;; D ;;
    Hopefully they don't kill each other T w T but don't worry Golass will have a good place at the guild!
    Congrats to the others too! ;; w ;;
Wileyfangs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me