Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Red-Line HQ (HELP WANTED) by Ki-Mono

Artist Ki-Mono [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 48 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
49 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Red-Line HQ (HELP WANTED)

Postby Ki-Mono » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:27 am

“In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn.”
― Phil Collins

Image Image
Having a tough time drawing something? Need help for free in a positive, judgment-free zone? You've come to the right place! Red-Line HQ is a volunteer run art school. Our main goal is to help those that just have the simple goal of improving their art.

🐷 Although it's okay to verbally ask general questions: this is a red-line HQ, meaning you are expected to draw something we can critique and go off of if you actually want help with your art.
🐷 Try to stay focused when making your submissions. There is only so much room on a page. If you want to know how to draw wings, just stick with wings. Don't bring anything else into it. You can make a different submission for that.
🐷 You are free to submit to Red-line HQ as many times as you please. The only rule is that you must wait for your last submission to have been fulfilled before making a new one. This keeps down spam.
🐷 Please write in the description of your submissions more specifics on what you are struggling with or what you want us to focus on if needed.
🐷 If a red-line helps you, consider giving that person a tip! We work for free and they are always appreciated!
🐷 MAKE SURE WE ARE ABLE TO "COLORIN" YOUR DRAWING

No one here is a professional, but everyone here does have a life! We don't necessarily know how to draw everything, but we would be more then happy to try and learn with you! We also work for free and on tips, so if things don't happen at a snappy pace, you'll have to excuse us. We are quite busy and sometimes these red-lines take time.
Thank you!
Last edited by Ki-Mono on Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:01 am, edited 34 times in total.
Ki-Mono

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff, Archive, Adverts

Postby Ki-Mono » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:25 am

Principle 1/1

Image Image
Teachers 2/6

Hall Moderators 0/3

**Please PM me the forms instead of posting them here**
Want to be a Teacher?
(This position does the red-lines. Each Teacher is expected to do at least 4 drawings out of every 8. Number may change depending on how this goes. I will PM you back if I am interested in adding you to the team. If you have questions, feel free to PM me!)
Code: Select all
Username:
Example of (1) drawing of each; Human, animal, object:
What do you feel (out of the three categories) are you strongest in?:
What do you feel (out of the three categories) are you weakest in?:
How often do you draw/get on CS?:
Do you feel comfortable teaching in both a visual and verbal sense?:
Do you promise to keep a positive and encouraging attitude when working with students?:
Other:

Want to be a Hall Moderator?
(This position just needs to keep the forums clean; make sure everyone is following the rules, answering general questions, and making sure people are keeping encouraging and welcoming attitudes. PM me if you have questions)
Username:
How often do you get on CS?:
Do you promise to keep a positive and encouraging attitude when working with others?:

Objects wrote:Trees | Fur | Rock pile

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=4145101][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/f4fe93293d31181ea3a2187e4642d9c3/tumblr_pxheb4gtEd1wyxv63o1_250.png[/img][/url]
Last edited by Ki-Mono on Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:51 am, edited 23 times in total.
Ki-Mono

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Resources, Other

Postby Ki-Mono » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:46 am

Free-to-use reference sites with a built-in timer:
SketchDaily
Line of Action

Free-to-use computer art programs:
FireAlpaca
SketchBook
Paint.NET
Krita
MediBang Paint

Social Media:
BaM Animation on Youtube
Morden Day James on Youtube
The Art of Aaron Blaise on Youtube
Mohammed Agbadi on Youtube
Sinix Design on Youtube
Proko on Youtube
Art For Kids Hub on YouTube
Jazza on YouTube
@hanhanwingwing on TikTok

Mascots created by RubberDucksy

Fonts used: Bombardment and Messing Lettern
Last edited by Ki-Mono on Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:52 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Ki-Mono

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Need some Red Lining help?

Postby MunchiiMoon » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:59 pm

Am I allowed to ask? If I were home I would be able to use my desktop but I unfortunately cant, and the setting are wonky on my phone. I struggle with hooved animals, I dont know how to draw the hooves and toes on horses, deer, pigs, etc. I also struggle with antlers and ears. I've actually been working on a giraffe and I just cant seem to put ears on it.
MunchiiMoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ki-Mono » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:56 am

Geowlett wrote:Am I allowed to ask? If I were home I would be able to use my desktop but I unfortunately cant, and the setting are wonky on my phone. I struggle with hooved animals, I dont know how to draw the hooves and toes on horses, deer, pigs, etc. I also struggle with antlers and ears. I've actually been working on a giraffe and I just cant seem to put ears on it.

Ki-Mono

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToothlessFury » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:18 pm

I have a list of things I kind of struggle with? If you want to use these you can but you dont need to.

Things I struggle with wrote:Anthro Rodents
Anthro/Feral Rabbits
Anthro/Feral Birds

Thats about it.. Thank you if you help! This is really nice of you!!
ToothlessFury

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ki-Mono » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:35 pm

↣Toothless↢ wrote:I have a list of things I kind of struggle with? If you want to use these you can but you dont need to.

Things I struggle with wrote:Anthro Rodents
Anthro/Feral Rabbits
Anthro/Feral Birds

Thats about it.. Thank you if you help! This is really nice of you!!

Can you draw a little somethin' somethin' for me to red line? I did that last one because that girl don't have a computer or something
Ki-Mono

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Humbloom » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:44 am

I hope I can request some help from you!As much as I want to draw it to show you how much trouble i'm actually having with it,I have no access to a computer or a phone rn. (3ds's refuse to work with chicken paint ee/I refuse to attempt to draw something with my switch cause it's absolutely horrible to do.)

Anyway,I'm having trouble drawing proper human shoulders and torsos right now.I suppose I can throw heads into the mix as well but mainly this on inkling/octoling heads. (this one is not required to do if you don't draw these guys and that's alright)

These are my current problems.I don't know why I can't get simple human portions down but yeh.I hope you can help me out here if possible.

xxℝ𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕦𝕡, 𝕔𝕖𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕝𝕠𝕡𝕠𝕕 𝕜𝕚𝕕𝕤!
╔═══════════╗

❤Splatoon/PMD
Time to improve everything about me!New decade,New life!
Switch fc: 0163-6219-6036/Discord: Humbloom#4831
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Signature creator

╚═══════════╝

Humbloom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ki-Mono » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:44 pm

Humbloom wrote:I hope I can request some help from you!As much as I want to draw it to show you how much trouble i'm actually having with it,I have no access to a computer or a phone rn. (3ds's refuse to work with chicken paint ee/I refuse to attempt to draw something with my switch cause it's absolutely horrible to do.)

Anyway,I'm having trouble drawing proper human shoulders and torsos right now.I suppose I can throw heads into the mix as well but mainly this on inkling/octoling heads. (this one is not required to do if you don't draw these guys and that's alright)

These are my current problems.I don't know why I can't get simple human portions down but yeh.I hope you can help me out here if possible.

Ki-Mono

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ki-Mono » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:19 am

Finished up another Redline~
Ki-Mono