Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Silas Runekeepers {OPEN} by scythe.

Artist scythe. [gallery]
Time spent 17 hours, 56 minutes
Drawing sessions 11
30 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Silas Runekeepers {OPEN}

Postby scythe. » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:11 pm

archive ✧ artist comp ✧ more links to come

Silas Runekeepers are fluffy, semi-aquatic, squirrel-sized creatures from another world. Though they vary greatly in appearance, each individual is sustained by a chunk of extremely dense crystal - their 'heart' - which some theorize may be fragments of dead stars. Silas are highly social and intelligent; they enjoy the company of humans as much as their own kind, so consider taking a few home with you!
Last edited by scythe. on Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
scythe.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

rules

Postby scythe. » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:58 am

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

heheheSilas Runekeepers are a closed species; you may not make your own unless you have a custom token.
hehehebe kind (or at least civil) to everyone here. if you can't at least do that, why are you bothering with the forums?
heheheyou can own up to ten Silas to start with. you can earn more slots by being a guest artist or participating in events.
heheheyou may transfer a Silas to another species granted you follow their rules, but it will not be allowed to return.
heheheyou may not edit the design of a Silas unless you are revamping your custom or using an item.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

hehehebe respectful to artists and follow the contest rules. failure to do so will likely discount your form.
heheheplease do not whine, beg, or complain to or about artists or adopt winners regarding adopts. it's just rude.
heheheif you no longer want your free Silas, let a staff member know so we can help you gift or hold a readoption.
heheheyou may trade Silas for other Silas, provided they were both free adopts or bought for the same/a similar price.
heheheyou may sell a Silas for its purchase price plus the price of any art purchased for it.
heheheyou may not sell a Silas that you did not pay irl currency for and have not purchased art for.
heheheper cs rules, if selling a Silas for usd, you must conduct the transaction offsite (i.e. DA, tumblr, etc.)
heheheyou may only sell or trade a Silas once you have owned it at least two calendar months.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

hehehecustoms may be obtained through items known as 'custom tokens'.
hehehecustom tokens can be obtained through various means, including the item store and community events.
heheheyou can also choose to receive either a custom token or an extra slot for completing 5 guest artist adopts.
hehehecustom tokens come in several types, each stating the rarity of traits the Silas you can create with said token.
heheheseveral tokens of one rarity can be combined to create a single token of the next rarity up.
hehehethese tokens act as both 'make-your-own' vouchers and a way to get a custom design from an official artist.
heheheif you wish to create your own Silas, follow the myo rules on the custom page to get added to the oekaki!
heheheofficial artists set their own guidelines and prices for custom-made Silas.
heheheyou may sell or trade Silas custom tokens you receive if you wish.
heheheyou may revamp a custom after 6 months have passed since its approval.
heheheyou may only revamp a custom you own that you created as a myo.
heheheyou may also revamp a custom that was made for you by an official artist, granted that you have their permission.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

heheheofficial artists may create up to 10 public adopts a month. guest artists have two months to make up to 5 adopts.
heheheofficial artists must create at least one public adopt every month, except for in extenuating circumstances.
heheheguest artist adopts may only have one uncommon trait, but may have unlimited common or under traits.
hehehethe vast majority of public adopts created should not have rare traits.
heheheif a guest artist completes all five adopts within the time limit, they might be hired as an official artist.
heheheguest artists who complete their five adopts will also be awarded a Silas slot or common custom token, their choice.
heheheofficial artists will be rewarded a common custom token for every five adopts they create.
heheheofficial artists may occasionally charge c$/cs pets/offsite for their adopts, but most adopts should be free.
heheheall guest artist adopts must be free.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

hehehebreaking a minor rule will result in a warning. nothing happens to you, it's just noted that you've been warned.
hehehewarnings will remove themselves after 6 months of no new infractions.
heheheif you have 3 warnings, you will receive a temporary ban. this will also happen if you break a more important rule.
hehehetemporary bans last anywhere from a day to several months, depending on severity and repetitiveness.
hehehewhile you are banned, you cannot participate in any Silas-related activities.
hehehethis includes, but is not limited to: adopts, community spaces, community events, rps involving Silas, or selling your Silas.
heheheviolating your ban will result in a significantly lengthened ban.
heheheif you repeatedly violate rules with no improvement, or commit an extreme enough violation, you will be perma-banned.
heheheif you are permanently banned from the species, you must transfer your Silas to another species or gift/readopt them.
Last edited by scythe. on Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
scythe.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

traits guide

Postby scythe. » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:59 am

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

heheheany trait included in the base lineart(s) is a standard trait.
hehehethis category would also include small things such as a snaggletooth or tuft of hair on the Silas's head.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

heheheyou will see at least one of these traits on a majority of Silas.
heheheedited/custom ears, edited/custom tail, edited/longer fur, colored sclera, eye sparkles, non-forked tongue,
hehehepawpads, scratched/scuffed/dull heart, chin-length hair, ankle tufts, edited/custom horns, non-circular pupil

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

hehehethese traits make a Silas a bit of a unique individual, but are by no means rare.
hehehemultiple sets of horns, non-standard scales, custom tongue, eye that doesn't match the Silas's heart color,
heheheheterochromia, furlessness/peach fuzz, shoulder-length hair, glowing heart, faint heart aura/single faint halo

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

hehehea Silas with any of these traits is a real treat to see.
hehehemultiple sets of ears, cracked heart, glowing eyes, multiple tails, missing limbs, no iris/pupil,
hehehebright heart aura/single halo, heart located elsewhere on body, feathers, multiple runes, rune located off shoulder

hehehethese traits are... irregularities. they are typically mutations and are extremely rare.
hehehetransparent skin over one part of body, oozing/dripping slime, more than two eyes, extra mouth/eyes in heart,
hehehesmall flightless wings, edited paws/limbs, more than four limbs/paws (max. 8), two heads, no rune

heheheseen once in a blue moon, witnessing a Silas with these traits is an unforgettable once-in-a-lifetime experience.
heheheflight-capable wings, multiple hearts, comsumation, separate/orbiting hearts, shattered heart, major magic/powers
Last edited by scythe. on Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:20 am, edited 5 times in total.
scythe.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

just in case

Postby scythe. » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:59 am

res
scythe.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Silas Runekeepers {OPEN}

Postby scythe. » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:03 am

and with a quick mascot design, we're fully open!
there are still a couple things to do, but the main thread should be mostly good now.

please take a look at the artist comp, maybe consider entering...
and keep your eyes open for a myo event and custom item raffles for the grand opening!
scythe.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Silas Runekeepers {OPEN}

Postby eckvanet. » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:31 am

Mark if I may

farewell, cs. selling all my pets for art
eckvanet.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lonewolf199152 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:49 am

mark!
Hello! My name is Lonewolf199152. I am an artist and one of my goals is to try to collect one of everything on CS! Heres my Deviantart and here is my Toyhouse if you want to check out my characters (Always looking for more characters fyi!)
I have a few extra Toyhouse codes if you are needing one. Just shoot me a message!
Lonewolf199152

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ⸸Corroded ⸸ Coffin⸸ » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:48 pm

Mark!
"𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖔𝖌 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖞 𝖌𝖔𝖙 𝖙𝖔 𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖉,
𝖎𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖍𝖔𝖜𝖑𝖘 𝖎𝖓𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖉
𝕴𝖙'𝖘 𝖍𝖎𝖒 𝖜𝖍𝖔𝖘𝖊 𝖍𝖔𝖜𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖉𝖗𝖎𝖛𝖊𝖘 𝖒𝖊𝖓 𝖒𝖆𝖉,
𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝖆 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖔 𝖎𝖙𝖘 𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖔𝖎𝖓𝖌"
x | x | x
⸸Corroded ⸸ Coffin⸸

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlackWren » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:26 pm

oh heck markkkk
    May try out for the artist comp too dang
[ Formerly Dave Egbert/bad ideas dave/Cherry-Prince ]

What's up fam! I'm Wren, and my life is a dumpster fire! ✌
Mostly come on now a days to check my messages. I'm not active on DA or anywhere else really anymore so don't feel bad if I don't reply for a while! I come and check messages every month or so.
DnD is my active hobby and I'm invested in Critical Role quite heavily :D
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

DATH
BlackWren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me