Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Forest Guardians by ~Rush Furry~

Based on Click to view
Artist ~Rush Furry~ [gallery]
Time spent 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Forest Guardians

Postby ~Rush Furry~ » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:35 pm

~ Main Page | Artist Search | Breeding and Nursery | Customs and MYOs | Trading Post | Bazaar | Archives ~

What is a Forest Guardian?
A Forest Guardian is an ungulated equine (Odd-Toed equine) that roams dense forests. These creatures are, mostly, seen with no mane and have a docked tail. Although, rumor has it that there have been sightings of maned and tailed Guardians roaming about these woods! Most Guardians often have natural markings, however, a handful of Guardians have off coloration and might even posses horns! A Guardian ranges between 18-25 hh (hand height) and 415-500 lbs. They have powerful hindlegs that are used for lunging, galloping, and kicking. Their jaws are setup similar to that of a horse.
Forest Guardians mat be wild equines, however, they have almost never attacked anyone that has approached one. These creatures have often been seen "protecting" something, usually an object or a statue or something of that same nature. A Guardian only attacks if it feels threatened, if it is injured, or if something is trying to get to the object it is protecting. Despite it's protective nature, these creatures are rather friendly and playful.
Forest Guardians are usually found alone or in small Herds of between 8-12 Guardians per Herd. These Herds are often spotted in forest clearings or in the wooded areas of mountains. A Herd was once spotted near ancient ruins, however, the Herd has since migrated and has not been seen since. Hopefully the Herd will return again.
A Forest Guardian is an herbivore, meaning it eats plants and other vegetation. They are often seen making a meal of berries and mushrooms and even leaves. If a Guardian is willing, it will use rocks or rear on its hind legs to reach leaves from trees.
A Forest Guardian's behavior can be easily read by facial and bodily expressions:
- Ears up; Interested, Curious, Happy, Content
- Ears down/flopped; Submissive, Scared, Worried
- Ears parallel to ground/back; Angry, Defensive, Warning
- Head high; Happy, Content, Excited
- Leaning forward; Curious, Interested
- Head tucked against neck; Submissive, Backing Off
- Head low to ground; Defensive, Angry
- Light hoof stomping; Happy, Excited, Curious
- Hard hoof stomping; Angry, Defensive, Warning

Forest Guardians communicate by whinnying, grunting, "roaring", and snorting. Based on the tone of the Guardian, other Guardians will pick up on what mood each other are in.
Last edited by ~Rush Furry~ on Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
~Rush Furry~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Re: Forest Guardians

Postby ~Rush Furry~ » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:36 pm

There are no specific rarities of Forest Guardians, However, all UNNATURAL colors/designs will be more uncommon/rare!
Last edited by ~Rush Furry~ on Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
~Rush Furry~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Rush Furry~ » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:36 pm

A Forest Guardian does not mate for life. They mate once every Breeding Season to produce a foal.
Female Guardians (Dams) usually have one foal, however, on rare occasion does a Dam have two foals. A foal will sometimes show traits of each parent, however, that is not always the case. Sometimes the recessive genes from either or both parent will show on a foal.

Forest Guardian Breedings are currently: OPEN!

Guardians may be bred as many times as the owner wants, AKA; there is no limit to the number of times you may Breed a Guardian. Your Guardian's foal MAY NOT resemble either parent, it is all random chance. It is rare for a Dam to carry two foals; if this happens, one foal is USUALLY rare. Some Guardians are born blind, deaf, or both blind and deaf.

A few Rules before you begin your journey to parenthood:
- You must own at least ONE Guardian to Breed.
- If you are breeding your Guardian with someone else's, you MUST show proof that the user gave you permission to use their Guardian.
- Please link back to the original post with your Guardian in it. This shows us proof that you own the Guardian.
- Please be patient with the artists. We have lives outside of this species and stuff happens sometimes.
- Have fun! This is most important because Guardians love to have fun and your Guardian(s) cannot have fun if you are not enjoying yourself.

Nursery Artists:
- ~Rush Furry~

In order to receive a slot in our Nursery, please fill out this form below and post it in the Breedings and Nursery page: (Delete everything in parenthesis)
Code: Select all
[center][i]I Would Like A Breeding Slot![/i]
Username:
Sire Guardian Name: (Male Guardian)
Link Back to Sire:
If using someone else's, provide proof:

Username:
Dam Guardian Name: (Female Guardian)
Link Back to Dam:
If using someone else's, provide proof:

Which artist would you prefer:[/center]

!!!!ALL BREEDING FORMS NOT SUBMITTED IN THE BREEDINGS AND NURSERY PAGE WILL BE IGNORED!!!!
Last edited by ~Rush Furry~ on Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Rush Furry~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Rush Furry~ » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:37 pm

Customs MUST be payed via Pets, C$, FlightRising Treasure/Gems, or DA Points. If this species takes off soon, there will be more ways to pay for a custom. Prices are listed below! You ARE allowed to combine mulitple mediums, for example: C$+Pets or FR Treasure/Gems+C$, etc. Prices are below!
- Common Custom: 5 C$/2 Rare Pets/25 Gems/2000 T/200 DA Points
- Uncommon Custom: 10 C$/4 Rare Pets or 1 VR/50 Gems/4000 T/500 DA Points
- Rare Custom: 20 C$/6 Rare Pets or 2 VRs/100 Gems/8000 T/1000 DA Points

In order to receive a Custom, please fill out the form below!
[center][b]I Would Like A Custom Guardian![/b]
Username:
Guardian Name:
Guardian Gender:
Rarity: (Common, Uncommon, Rare)
Color(s):
Pattern(s):
Payment:
Preferred Artist:[/center]

MYO Slots will also be on sale! MYO Slots, or 'Make Your Own Slots', will be on sale for C$, FlightRising Treasure/Gems, or DA Points ONLY! With an MYO Slot, you are allowed to make your very own Forest Guardian! Prices are listed below! Unlike Customs, you MAY NOT combine mediums to purchase an MYO.
- Common MYO: 10 C$/50 Gems (FR)/500 DA Points
- Uncommon MYO: 20 C$/100 Gems (FR)/1000 DA Points
- Rare MYO: 30 C$/150 Gems (FR)/1500 DA Points

You are more than welcome to purchase multiple MYOs as long as you have the requires currency. Please fill out the form below to receive an MYO Slot!
[center][b]I Would Like To Purchase An MYO![/b]
Username:
MYO Quantity: (How Many)
MYO Rarity(ties):
Payment:[/center]
Last edited by ~Rush Furry~ on Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Rush Furry~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Rush Furry~ » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:37 pm

MEET THE STAFF!

Owner:

~Rush Furry~

Artists:
~Rush Furry~

Mods:
-

Archivist:
-

NOW FOR THE RULES
- Please respect the artists! We all have lives outside of this species.
- Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES is stealing someone's Guardian allowed.
- Absolutely NO HARASSMENT. I take this VERY seriously. Harassment will lead to an automatic ban and your Guardians will be rehomed.
- An Artist reserves the right to reject customs. All rejection means is you have to choose another artist.
- No cursing or swearing please. There are minors that use this site.
- When purchasing an MYO, please send your Payment to ME! If you send your payment to someone else, I will not know that you purchased an MYO and therefore I will not grant you an MYO Slot.
- PLEASEEEE NO MINI MODING!!! If you wish to become a Mod, just fill out the Application and I will decide whether to hire you or not.
- All artist reserve the right to take away your Guardian if they feel you have cheated other users for an adopt or they feel you have broken any rules.
- We run a three strike system. 2 Warnings = 1 Strike. 3 Strikes = Banned.
- Please note that some adopts will be posted on multiple media sites such as but not limited to: Discord, Instagram, Furry Amino, Chicken Smoothie, and DeviantArt

If you have any questions, do not be afraid to PM me or a Mod! We will reply as soon and efficiently as we can!
Last edited by ~Rush Furry~ on Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Rush Furry~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Rush Furry~ » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:38 pm

OPEN FOR MARKING!
~Rush Furry~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Forest Guardians

Postby CheeseyChelsey » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:10 pm

mark! <3
this seems like a cute idea! can't wait for them to come out!
CheeseyChelsey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Rush Furry~ » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:35 pm

Allenula wrote:mark! <3
this seems like a cute idea! can't wait for them to come out!

Thank you very much! I cannot wait to get started on this species!
~Rush Furry~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby masterpiece » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:10 am

Mark! Love these cuties
recently returned to cs after a few years