A midnight offering

Create and decorate a scene with your friends to show off your favorite pets!

"A midnight offering" by lilpupin

A midnight offering

Postby lilpupin » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:33 pm

~
You open your eyes to a dark forest, candles lighting the ground.
The shadows seem to move like waves, some rising, others falling. Yet, if you don't look straight at them they seem perfectly still. For some reason, that was the first thing you noticed. Not the circle in the middle of the clearing. Not the hamster with hands grasping items. Not the smooth bark under your hands, nor the blue creature remaining just before the darkness. And certainly not the feathered figures besides you, perched upon the same branch as yourself, with practiced grace. You look up at the creature, unsure of what to make of it. It seems to be a deer, yet it's colors and wings suggest other wise. She glances at you, before looking back to the hamster. In that moment of time it strikes you that, not only do you believe she understands why you're there, but who you are. You feel a lightening in your head, as if you had just woken from sleep. Just as the confusion of your own being there begins to set in, she speaks.
"I hope you will have enough sense to stay quiet during this time."
Her voice is barely louder than a whisper, but you feel it raises about the quiet. Her tone is stern, but not harsh. You decide not to say anything in return. After all, isn't that breaking her rule of silence? She goes on,
"you must be wondering what's going on. This is an offering to the lords of our secret land, a rare ritual seen by few."
You look in confusion behind you, into the darkness, the living darkness. A multitude of eyes stare back at yours ending shivers down your spine. You instead opt to peer at the creature you saw before, the one with a mass of blue fur, and a skull like face. The being by your side watches you silently and nods.
"The shadows are nothing but what they are. Dark spirits of the past, bound to this land. A great war kept them here. As for the dreaded thing on the other side of the clearing, we cannot be rid of it. But it doesn't bother us, so we decided to let it stay."
You believe that the story makes sense. If a place as magical as this exists, what should stop things like spirits from existing too. The golden scar on her face would also be explained through those words. Though you don't understand what she means by "we", you shrug it off.
"The offering is in the small creature's hand, the one that is circling the center of the clearing. He will put down the dandelion, then the charm."
A soft wind blows a few of the seeds loose from the dandelion, and the drift carefully to the floor. You feel something inside of you shift. You get the sudden idea that you won't be there for much longer. You panic, deep down. You don't want to leave. You don't want to wake and find this was a dream, you want to stay and see what happens next, to explore this new world. But, you don't seem to have much say in the matter, and you feel yourself fading away.
~
lilpupin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A midnight offering

Postby lilpupin » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:33 pm

Not sure if I'll finish the story or not \:
Hello, you can call me lilpupin, lil, pupin, or whatever you please, really.
If you ever need help with anything I'd love to lend you a hand, feel free

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXto send over a PM!
Image Image Image ImageImage
Christian ~ Book lover ~ drawer ~ writer ~ Animal lover ~ Breyer Horse Collector
lilpupin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me