Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

beetle buddies! by casiopea

Based on Click to view
Artist casiopea [gallery]
Time spent 20 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
73 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

beetle buddies!

Postby casiopea » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:57 pm

welcome to beetle buddies!

what are beetle buddies?
                      beetle buddies are a species of beetle that have gained popularity for their friendliness and their extremely large size.

Last edited by casiopea on Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:22 am, edited 22 times in total.
casiopea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

about

Postby casiopea » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:10 pm

โž™ beetle buddies belong to the subfamily Dynastinae (rhino beetles!).
            โž™ beetle buddies are very big (about the size of a large dog!)
            โž™ beetle buddies are completely harmless and very tame.
            โž™ beetle buddies use chirping and/or buzzing sounds to communicate.
            โž™ they're very strong -- they can lift up to 800 times their own weight!
            โž™ their horns can be used for defense and digging, among other things.
            โž™ beetle buddies are mainly nocturnal, but it's not rare to find them out and about during the daytime.
            โž™ their diet consists of fruit and rotting wood, although they are attracted to anything sweet.
            โž™ beetle buddies are very attracted to sources of light (kinda like moths!)
            โž™ beetle buddies can live for a very, very long time. there are beetle buddies to have been reported to live up to 60 years!
            โž™ beetle buddies come in many, many different shapes and colors! their designs/coloring are used to attract mates. their undersides are usually solid color/a gradient of up to 3 similar colors.
            โž™ beetle buddy wings are solid color and the color usually matches their undersides.

beetle buddy mutations
              ๐Ÿข beetle buddies cannot grow tails, extra heads, extra legs, etc.

๐Ÿข beetle buddies don't have superpowers/godlike powers! they are just little beetles...

๐Ÿข there are only 6 kinds of known mutations beetle buddies can have - fuzzy "hair", different shaped horns/absence of horns, glowing body parts (limited only to eyes, antennae, and wings), different shaped antennae, different shaped wings, and extra eyes.

-----

โž™ fuzzy "hair" - sometimes you will find beetle buddies with fuzzy hair atop their heads or near or on their horns (an example would be this beetle). this is a completely normal and common mutation. beetle buddies' hair differs from human hair -- they can't have long hair or hairstyles -- but in the wild, some beetle buddies are known to use tree sap to style their hair! although your average beetle won't have fuzzy hair, it's very likely to find a beetle who does! it's rare to find a beetle buddy with fuzzy legs (like a spider).

โž™ different shaped horns - a beetle buddy having different shaped horns is uncommon. this means that the horns on their heads/thorax are differently shaped and have different lengths than the usual beetle buddy. beetle buddy horns are never, ever longer than their body. absence of horns is extremely rare.

โž™ different shaped antennae - contrary to popular belief, this mutation isn't as rare as people think it is. it is at most an uncommon mutation. their antennae can come in different shapes and sizes, this is all up to their surroundings and the way they live their day to day lives.

โž™ different shaped wings - this mutation is extremely rare, some have gone as far to call it a myth! but yes, there are beetle buddies who have differently shaped wings.

โž™ glowing body parts - this mutation is extremely rare in beetle buddies. this affects only the eyes, antennae, or wings of beetle buddies. it is even rarer to find a beetle buddy who has all three body parts glowing. and a beetle buddy whose entire body glows is practically a myth.

โž™ extra eyes - it's extremely rare -- nearly impossible, even -- to find a beetle buddy with extra eyes! just like beetle buddies having different shaped wings, this mutation, as you can tell, isn't very common in beetle buddies.

Last edited by casiopea on Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:04 pm, edited 13 times in total.
casiopea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

rules

Postby casiopea » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:15 pm

general rules
            โž™ beetle buddies are a closed species, you may not make your own without permission
            โž™ please be kind to everyone in the community! this means no begging, whining, guilt-tripping, bullying, etc.
            โž™ please do not whine/make passive-aggressive comments when you don't win a beetle buddy.
            โž™ do not lay claim to a beetle buddy if you do not own it!
            โž™ please do not edit your beetle buddies without permission. this means line edits, design edits, etc. you may, however, edit their expression and/or add accessories!
            โž™ you may not trade/sell your beetle buddies for CS currency, real currency, or other characters/adoptables.
            โž™ gifting beetle buddies and trading a beetle buddy for a beetle buddy is fine, though! but there is a two week cooldown upon receiving a beetle buddy before you may trade it/gift it.
            โž™ you may own up to 14 beetle buddies.
            โž™ please do your best to follow the rules/CS rules!
            โž™ rules will be added or edited as they are needed, so please keep that in mind.
            โž™ please be kind to others in the species!
            โž™ mods must do their best to make sure people are following the species rules.
            โž™ mods may help answer questions about the species and rules, as well as help approve growths/transfers/customs.
            โž™ mods may make themselves a custom with fuzzy hair + horn + antennae mutations every 3 months if they wish.
            โž™ artists must try to make at least 3 adopts per month.
            โž™ artists may make themselves a custom with fuzzy hair + horn + antennae mutations every 3 months if they wish.
            โž™ artists may help with customs/growths/transfers, etc.
            โž™ guest artists may make a total of 6 beetle buddies during their time as a ga.
            โž™ gas may add up add fuzzy hair + horn + antennae mutations on their adopts.
            โž™ after making their 6 adopts, gas may make themselves a custom beetle buddy with fuzzy hair +
            horn + antennae mutations.
Last edited by casiopea on Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:43 am, edited 6 times in total.
casiopea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

staff

Postby casiopea » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:18 pm

owner:
            โž™ casiopea

artists:
            none yet!!

guest artists:
            โž™ ufos
            โž™ snipsnops

mods:
            none yet!!

these are closed for now

guest artist applications are closed!
            please PM me (casiopea) your ga applications! please title your PM beetle buddies GA application!
            if you're accepted as a ga you'll receive a PM back ^^

Code: Select all
            username:
            design examples:
            have you been a guest artist/artist for a species before?:

mod applications are closed!
            please PM me (casiopea) your mod applications! title them beetle buddy mod application please :>
            if you're accepted as a mod you'll receive a PM back.

Code: Select all
            username:
            have you read the beetle buddy rules?:
            do you have any past experience being a mod?:
            how active are you on CS?:
            what would you do if someone had broken a rule (spamming an adopt thread/fanclub, being disrespectful towards someone/claiming an adopt as their own, etc.)? how would you go about dealing with the situation?:
            why would you like to be a mod for beetle buddies?:

Last edited by casiopea on Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 11 times in total.
casiopea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

updates

Postby casiopea » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:19 pm

29/7/2019 - the beetle buddies adopts were created ^o^

31/7/2019
              โž™ beetle buddies main post, about, rules, and staff section have been updated!
              โž™ the first beetle buddy has been posted! yay!
              โž™ GA applications have been opened!

1/8/2019
              โž™ the artist search has been opened!

4/8/2019
              โž™ ufos is now a guest artist for beetle buddies! welcome to beetle buddies!
              โž™ edited the "about" section - fuzzy "hair" and extra eyes have been added to the mutation list!
              โž™ mod applications have been opened!

5/8/2019
              โž™ added a little section on the main post that displays beetles that are currently open for adoption.
              โž™ the beetle buddies fanclub is now open! woo!

6/8/2019
              โž™ snipsnops is now a guest artist for beetle buddies. welcome to beetle buddies!

9/8/2019
              โž™ added staff rules in the "rules" section!
Last edited by casiopea on Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:39 am, edited 13 times in total.
casiopea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

misc

Postby casiopea » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:20 pm

anything else?? will go here
casiopea