Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Desolate Republic | OPEN by yeena

Based on Click to view
Artist yeena [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
34 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by yeena

by yeena

by yeena

by yeena

Desolate Republic | OPEN

Postby yeena » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:16 pm

ESOLATExxxEPUBLIC

MAINxxTHREAD
    POST-APOCALYPTIC CANINE ARPG

Desolate Republic is a canine ARPG set in a world where there has been a virus that has wiped out the entirety of the human race and has begun spreading to animals.
    The virus is similar to the horror movies 'zombies', except it's acknowledged that these creatures still have functioning brains and cognitive thoughts. The virus ends up contaminating animals through saliva, blood or open body wounds and there are a few stages before the parasitic bacteria has fully taken over a host's body and functions.

It's your mission to survive this outbreak for as long as possible and make a living out of surviving.

Good luck.

*DISCLAIMER: Despite the lore of this species, your literature and artwork must still follow the site's rules! This means no graphic details about the zombies or killing and such. The world is a wasteland, you don't need to solely bring up zombies in everything that you do!
Last edited by yeena on Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yeena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yeena » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:16 pm

ULES

• Please be kind and respectful when participating in the species.
      • Negativity or harassment of any kind will be tolerated; immediate actions will be taken.
      • Make sure that anything made for the species stays appropriate.

• As a rule of thumb, if you have to question it, it's probably not best to post. Although feel free to still ask for opinions regardless!
      • Designs made for the adoptables may not be altered or changed; this includes fur type, eye color, markings and items.
        • Small scars may be added with permission. For anything larger than bite marks or scratches, please message an admin or someone else on the team.
        • Please don't rush any of the artists with updating reference sheets!
      • If you are banned from the adoptable species, your characters can be kept but they cannot be used in the species in any way, shape or form. The official reference may not be used either.
      • Participation in the roleplay aspect of the species is not required at all, although it does affect how many characters you may play!

• Generally, just follow your instincts and enjoy yourself! More rules are subject to be added as I see fit.

SLOTS
          A user starts off with one founder slot and three character slots.
          • The founder slot is reserved for a founder only and the character slots can only be filled with customs, free adopts or traded characters.
          • Once founders reach level four, they unlock the ability to have a second founder, thus allowing you to have a second survival group.

• You must make a new, different thread for your next survival group! They can, of course, have the same layout and theme, but they cannot be the exact same in name or operation.
          • Once any of your new characters reach level two, they unlock another character slot.
            • For example, if you have three characters and all of them reach level two, you now have three free character slots!

REHOMING
          • If you ever don't want your character anymore, you have the full right to rehome your character. You can do this through gifting, trading or a readoption contest.
          • Each adopt must be owned for at least two weeks before being eligible for rehoming.
          To gift your characters, the old owner must post in the archives with an 'ownership change' form. It is encouraged to post the changes on the character's thread directly as well.

• When trading characters, the users will go through the same process as gifting. Instead of gifting, however, one user will have to post an 'ownership change' form with the proof section included for proof of the trade.

• Anyone can hold a readoption contest with permission from an admin or staff member, unless they prefer that staff runs the contest.
          • The contest should be, preferably, judged within the two weeks following the close of the contest.

• Characters may not be sold for any kind of currency, real or digital. If anyone is found doing this, appropriate actions will be taken.
          • Once a character is rehomed, it starts back at it's basic level; being classless. This is only if you're rehoming the character to a new user; if you're switching your character from one of your survival groups to another, that's fine!

DECEASING CHARACTERS
          • Characters are allowed to be killed off in the species for any reason at all.
          • Deceased characters can not be rehomed; essentially, they are considered null and void but are still under a user's name.
          • These characters will not count towards your limit but unless they reached the appropriate level before being deceased, they will not open up a free slot for another character to fill!
          • Make sure that you post these updates in the archive or else it won't be documented!

TAFF

CREATOR
Last edited by yeena on Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yeena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yeena » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:17 pm

ETTINGxTARTED

• It's actually pretty simple to get started in the species. Once you get a founder, you're able to truly lift off and be able to delve into the world!
      • If you get stuck at any step, feel free to ask for help!

SURVIVAL THREAD
          • The first thing that you'll want to do is create a 'survival' thread for your characters!
          • The thread can be as simple as the user wants and on whatever platform the user wants, as long as it's appropriate for the site.
          • Feel free to give your survival group a name. Anything goes and there are no limits at all!
        FOUNDERS
          • You may only claim one free founder in your playing time during the species.
          • Please do not rush anyone during the creation of your founder.
          • Feel free to repost founder forms every five pages, if yours has not been claimed or made at that time.

• Founders are practically free semi-customs; they are also the foundation for your survival group.
          • These founders are not limited in any design or physical aspect besides mutations such as chimeric, somatic, vitilago and similar ideas.

• Features such as floppy ears, curled tails or heterochromatic eyes are not considered mutations at all. Polydactyl and split noses are considered physical mutations.
            • When in doubt, ask! The worst outcome would be a simple no and explanation.
          Currently there are no small-sized dog lines, so no small-sized dog founders will be accepted or made at this time.
          • Feel free to ask for simple scars, if you so desire.
          • Realistic items that can be found on dogs commonly, are allowed to be requested! This includes things such as collars and harnesses, mainly. Anything else will probably be on a case-by-case basis.
          • Currently, you cannot request large items such as hoods or clothing, as those are being reserved for the future!
          • Ask, ask, ask! If you have absolutely any questions about founders, please ask.

FORM
              Code: Select all
              [b]Founder Form[/b]
              [b]Username:[/b]
              [b]Founder Gender:[/b] optional
              [b]Founder Breed(s):[/b] feel free to note if you want any specific features from any breed; ie, roman nose, big ears, etc
              [b]Founder Appearance:[/b] please be as specific as possible!
        LEVELING UP
          • After you've gotten your founder and thread ready, you are on your way to participating in the species fully!
          • There is a leveling process involved in this species, although it's not nearly as complicated as it might sound.
          • Every character starts at the base level; otherwise known as zero.
          • Through art and literature, you can level up your characters individually and, as a result, help your group grow!
          • There are career paths that are involved in this species and that's where a lot of the experience and leveling up in the species comes into play. Check out all of the career paths below.

AREERxATHS

• When you get a new member for your group, there are different career paths that you can choose for your character to go down.
      • There are five different paths, including the unavoidable 'founder' path, for your founder.

• Each path has a set of four titles for your character. Every time your character levels up, they gain a new title.
        • When it comes to your specific group, you can create different names for these ranks as you see fit!
        • Though each path has different rank names, they are ordered the same in terms of experience.

Untrained ➤ Beginner ➤ Intermediate ➤ Expert

FOUNDER
          "The founder of the group is the backbone of the entire group, unsurprisingly. Every founder has a purpose inside of it's group and each founder has a creative way of managing their own group. Without the founder, their groups would be nothing, so it's very common for a lot of emphasis to be placed on a founder in it's group.
          Founders commonly arrange important meetings and dates, handle issues within the group and generally lead the group through the way to survival."
          • This path is the only option for the founders made.
          • Founders are very important and extremely vital to their groups, so there is some extra emphasis on when it comes to leveling up your founder.

Beginner ➤ Experienced ➤ Renowned ➤ Esteemed

SCAVENGERS
          "Scavengers can be related to the more common 'hunter' rank. Although, it's can be a challenge to find fresh food, hence the name scavengers. These canines are typically the best at tracking and, through experience and time, can learn to track a day old trail if given the chance. They're typically in charge of bringing in supplies and food for the group."
          • Scavengers are regarded as hunters, though they mostly bring in old food items and supplies.
          • It's hard to hunt a lot of animals now due to the disease, hence the name scavengers.
          • Scavengers know how to track trails extremely well and they excel when it comes to being flexible and agility; usually.
          • Sometimes scavengers further divide themselves by having scavengers that are strong enough to dig through rubble to find items and the scavengers that are nimble enough to get to hard-to-reach places.

Apprentice ➤ Forager ➤ Seasoned ➤ Vulture

MEDICS
          "Medics are highly trained individuals that know how to care to any wound under the sun. These canines are usually less queasy and tend to devote a lot of time to their work, sometimes making them more introverted than other individuals. They can be reported mainly keeping to themselves and always being prepared for the next victim to come in. Despite being introverted, they are the best at what they do and when it comes to wounds, there isn't anyone better to go to."
          • Medics are hard to build, as they take a lot of dedication to learn about different infections, wounds and other various things.
          • It is an extremely high honor to take the career path of a medic.
          • Medics are usually well acquainted with everyone around them and at least knows everyone's name, but this isn't the case sometimes.

Intern ➤ Assistant ➤ Doctor ➤ Surgeon

BRUTES
          "Brutes are canines that have taken up the life of fighting and protecting. They tend to have the most muscle in the groups and are the guardians to everyone around them, willingly. Brutes train for years to become the fighters that they are when it comes to fights and battles. These individuals are often very determined and have strong wills that can be hard to break when it comes down to it."
          • Brutes are usually suggested to be more muscular, hard-to-beat types of characters.
          • In most groups, the brutes guard camps and look over things to make sure everything is running smoothly.
          • Tanks are very highly regarded and valued and it's in your best interest not to cross them wrong.

Trainee ➤ Boxer ➤ Trainer ➤ Tank

SENTRIES
          "These canines are extremely sly and sneaky; as they are supposed to be. They remain undetected in the shadows and watch from their own perches, studying and learning things without letting anyone else jump onto them. Sentries know their ways around various territories and can navigate different terrains while remaining undetected. It's very common for sentries to honestly stick to themselves in the shadows. One of the main qualities about a sentry is that they are willing to dedicate themselves entirely to their job and willingly follow the procedures in their group."
          • Sentries jobs are to patrol and stay low in the brush while effectively picking up any and all details that they can about the environment around them.
          • Sentries commonly only stick to their own groups or themselves, but it's not unheard of to find a sentry that is outgoing and excitable.
          • Many of the training to become a sentry involves stalking targets without being detected.

Cadet ➤ Scout ➤ Shadow ➤ Phantom
Last edited by yeena on Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
yeena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yeena » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:17 pm

EVELINGx

• When it comes to leveling up, you don't level up your group as a whole. Instead, each character has a maximum amount of levels that they can reach and your characters will individually level up.
      • To level up, your character must have certain experience points.
      • Your character must have a chosen career path to level up.
      • You keep track of your character's experience in a tracker on whatever you'd like, as long as it's visible to the staff.

• In a tracker you'll have links to each literature and art piece that your character is featured in and, with that link, you'll have the total amount of experience gained from that piece along with it.
        • You are trusted to be honest about your experience points for each character.
        • If anyone on staff notices a mistake with your tracker, they will personally message you asking you to fix it.

EXPERIENCE POINTS
          • Experience points are earned through artwork and literature. We would like to emphasize that no other media has any bias over the other and regardless of whichever one you choose, you will get a set amount of points based on predefined requirements and guidelines.
          • Experience point guidelines are as listed.

ARTWORK
            • Traditional and digital artwork are treated the same and accepted as equals for artwork.
            • The EXP amounts gained from each category that applies to your artwork is listed below. Below that image are sections explaining some categories in depth, although it's not required to be read!
            • If you ever have any suggestions for this system or questions, feel free to message any staff member in regards to it!

CHIBI POLICY

• When it comes to art that is more cartoonish and has vastly varying body proportions, you could earn less experience.
              • Most notably what would be considered chibi is larger heads, big eyes, less details and a few others.
              • If your style is naturally chibi in nature, that will be taken into consideration and you won't fall under this category.
              • This being said, if you are at all concerned with if your style is chibi or if a recent art piece that you've made is chibi, feel free to consult anyone on staff!
              • As an example of a chibi deduction; you currently have 12 EXP on a piece. In this instance, the art qualifies as chibi. As a result, instead of receiving 12 EXP, you would receive 6 EXP.
            COLLABORATIONS
              • Collaborations are very encouraged within the community, as it's a good opportunity to get some experience and meet new people!
              • A collaboration is a piece that was worked on between two or more users.
              • For a collaboration, each user must have contributed significantly to the project to be counted for experience.
              • To count a collaboration's experience, every character featured in the piece gets a bonus of 2 EXP added to their total score.
          LITERATURE
            Every 200 words: This count is for literature that is written by you for yourself and your character alone.
            xx + 2 EXP

Roleplay: A roleplay is when you have your character interact with another user's character through a series of written posts. For a roleplay to be considered, it must have at least two posts from each user involved and each post has to equal over one hundred words each.
            xx + 4 EXP for every two posts that the user makes; for example, if a user makes six out of twelve posts in a roleplay (that are, in this instance, meet the requirements), they get 24 EXP from the roleplay.

MISSIONS
          • You can also do missions to earn some extra experience points for less.
          • The missions will be rotated weekly, if all goes well, and there will be various types of missions to do that include all character types.
          • Missions might have level requirements though, so be warned!

• While leveling up is an option, you don't have to actually go through with leveling your characters up.
      • This means that you can just take your characters and have them sitting.
      • It is preferred that you level up your characters however, mainly due to the fact that you don't unlock extra character slots otherwise and future missions and other various topics can depend on the level of your characters!
yeena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yeena » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:18 pm

. . .
yeena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yeena » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:18 pm

. . .
yeena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yeena » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:19 pm

NDxxxxxxHREAD

Main Thread | Archive Updates | Missions
Last edited by yeena on Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
yeena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yeena » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:22 pm

OPENxxxFORxxxPOSTING

We're finally open for posting!
Feel free to get a founder form up and running and ask every question under the sun because I'm still trying to get a hang of this species-running business.
There's still some minor things left to do but for most part, welcome to the game!
yeena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Desolate Republic | OPEN

Postby hypnowave » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:32 pm

👀
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Desolate Republic | OPEN

Postby ethium » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:39 pm

Founder Form
Username: ethium
Founder Gender: (will decide once the founder has been made)
Founder Breed(s): irish wolf hound (maybe?)
Founder Appearance: please be as specific as possible!

similar in appearance to the following maybe?
- https://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3ao ... o1_400.jpg
- https://cierratuatha.files.wordpress.co ... log600.jpg

if this won't work please let me know!

i'm working on getting a survival thread up. i've already got a toyhouse page set up
so i can upload characters and just store art/basic personality.
i'll have a thread here for the more important stuff.. etc.
i'm just coding it slightly.
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me