[001] Rusty / Firestar by zealouzie

Based on Click to view
Artist zealouzie [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 41 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
56 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

[001] Rusty / Firestar

Postby zealouzie » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:16 am

First daily warrior! Of course, I had to start out with our lord of virtue, Firestar.
Ok tbh I know Firestar is the main guy for a long time and he loses a lot of his character in the second arc but I love him to death, I think his character is just nostalgic to me. He is a good boy.

Despite just being described as having 'a flame-coloured pelt' a lot, Firestar has a lot of variations on his design, even from canon pieces of art. The new cover for Firestar's quest seems to depict him having more of an orange tabby pattern? I've always seen him like he is pictured on the cover of into the wild, a very basic orange cat. I also took reference from this art.

Do you prefer the new or old cover art? Personally, I like the old art more, I thought it was very unique, and while the new art is really neat and dramatic, it almost puts too much emphasis on the characters and shows very little environment. I love the cover art of the sun trail and twilight because of the way it shows me the cats in their homes. I hope y'all like my Rusty /Firestar!
zealouzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [001] Rusty / Firestar

Postby kageyenova » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:21 am

omg what a bean!! i love the faint stripes on his forehead <33
hi im kage.
kageyenova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zealouzie » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:21 am

Kageyenora wrote:
    omg what a bean!! i love the faint stripes on his forehead <33

Thank you omg,, I'm really happy you like my design for him!

hi, im zealouzie
i like drawing silly littel creechurs
they/she/he
zealouzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mothha » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:25 am

FKLDSJFKDSJF hes so good and pure im crying,,,, I love his little baby rusty face hhh this is so nostalgic,, you should totally design some natural cat designs and sell them bc I would be there for that :eyes:

also, I totally agree with you!! I loved the old covers, they were very unique and I loved seeing all the cats interacting <33, plus, now that the new covers are mainstream, its hard and expensive to find warrior books with the old covers, which means completing my collection of all the books with original covers is very difficult :c ah well...

jonah • he • adult
art © wafflecat
icon © aremisu
th<3
mothha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ephemeris » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:28 am

your art style is so cute ajsdafds, and I love your Firestar design! I like that it's a more traditional take on him.

Hello! I ♥ to draw and
write! My Instagram
is @Howling_Frost.
I'm also a fan of
Pokemon, Warriors,
HTTYD, Minecraft,
Legend of Zelda,
and a bunch of other
things!
Ephemeris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arcanewilde » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:29 am

I love Firestar and I love this drawing, even tho he is the main character for a lot of the books I can really relate to him a lot.
arcanewilde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zealouzie » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:33 am

DjKitty21 wrote:FKLDSJFKDSJF hes so good and pure im crying,,,, I love his little baby rusty face hhh this is so nostalgic,, you should totally design some natural cat designs and sell them bc I would be there for that :eyes:

also, I totally agree with you!! I loved the old covers, they were very unique and I loved seeing all the cats interacting <33, plus, now that the new covers are mainstream, its hard and expensive to find warrior books with the old covers, which means completing my collection of all the books with original covers is very difficult :c ah well...

AAAA you’re so kind!! I’m happy you like my natural designs and i will definitely consider making some to adopt out in the future if that’s what people are interested in! Thank you thank you <3

Definitely! The art style just seemed so, i dunno, painterly and cool, and i loved the unique uses of colour and lighting, it always felt like I was buying a book and a piece of art at the same time! I’m really lucky, my bookstore still has some of the old versions of the books on their shelves, so I got an old copy of bluestar’s prophecy because i’m really not a fan of her recent ‘redesign’ per se. It’s not to say the new covers are not nice, I think I’m just really nostalgic for the old ones.

hi, im zealouzie
they/she/he
zealouzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zealouzie » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:36 am

Ephemeris wrote:your art style is so cute ajsdafds, and I love your Firestar design! I like that it's a more traditional take on him.

Thanks so much!! I appreciate it qvq !
I always feel like my designs get a little overboard sometimes, so I thought i'd try to keep him nice and simple.

DatWildWolf wrote:
    I love Firestar and I love this drawing, even tho he is the main character for a lot of the books I can really relate to him a lot.

Thank you so much man!! I agree, the first arc was so exciting, there was always something going on and I could definitely relate to the times where he struggled to decide between following what Bluestar said to do, and following his gut feelings.

FrostFox83 wrote:It’s so cute! I like it a lot <3

Thanks so much!

hi, im zealouzie
they/she/he
zealouzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lovestruck » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:44 am

I love him this gives me so much nostalgia

• always tired • she/her • infp-t • artist
lovestruck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kuromi !! » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:48 am

woah dude. just. wo a h
    this is absolutely amazing ?!?! i love this so much and this is a super fitting design for rusty/firestar wow !! i'm so pumped for these and i love your work, keep it up !!
in the process of quitting
cdsart shop
kuromi !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me