Drawing sessions 3
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Rohktan Artist Search!

Postby ty_tay » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:40 pm

(Place holder for banner)
Rohktans!
Adopts - Nursery - Customs/Store - Archive - Artist Search - Fan Club

Rohktans are a large sentient feline species that lives alongside humans and elves. They come in a wide variety of sizes, shapes and colors. Some have the ability to control magic while others prefer to use their strength or voice.

Pronunciation: Ro-keh-tan (the beginning of the word is meant to sound gravelly like that of a growl though pronunciation without the rumble is acceptable to the species. Its also acceptable to call them Rohks.)

The Rohks are looking for some new artists! If youre interested please refer to the following information for guidelines.

-The competition lines are not the lines artists use for adopts! These lines are strictly for the artist comp.

1. Please post all entries under a cover.
2. You must make at least two entries to be considered for a position (1 with out edits and 1 with edits)
3. Please look below for all trait rarities
4. Please post the form below for each entry
5. If you do not become an artist you are allowed to keep your designs, but they must be moved to a different species.
6. If you become an artist you may use one of your entries as your custom, however any edits on the custom must be uncommon or below.

If you are chosen as a full time artist you will be allowed 1 uncommon custom, and gain the ability to earn other customs. After you've posted and judge 5 adopts you may begin to accept custom orders (once customs are set up). Once the nursery is open you will be asked to complete a 'fake' litter before being allowed to take breeding orders (this is to make sure any questions can be answered and the breeding system is understood).

This is an ongoing competition and multiple people will be chosen over time.

Code: Select all
Entry #1

Rarity:
Traits:
-
-

Notes:

Example wrote:Entry #1

Rarity: Standard
Traits:
- Standard Ears
- Standard Tail

Notes: For this design I chose to use __ as inspiration. I would likely make this a naming competition.
Last edited by ty_tay on Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Youre uncomfortable now? You should walk into one of their hideouts. Its like stepping on a hornets nest, kicking it and then setting it on fire." -Avian (Dissent)

ImageImage
Art by: me (with a mouse)
Art of: Mars & Jenova

Art by: preppy paws | Art of: Mars |Art by: Me | Art of: Rune

My Characters! *OLD* *NEW* - Rohktans - My CWHR horses
RP/Characters - X - VoK
I have old characters for trade here pm me if youre interested in one. Do not post on my thread please; its for character storage.
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Trait Rarities

Postby ty_tay » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:40 pm

Standard
Standard Tail, Standard Ears, Non-edited lines

Common
Tick Tail, Tufted Tail, Thin Tail, Bobbed Tail, Rounded Ears, Leg Feathering(Pre-made), Long Fangs

Uncommon
Long Claws, Dew Claws, Crystal/Metal Claws, Minor fur edits, Manes/Hair, Custom Ear Edits, Scelara Color, Custom Tails, Saber Fangs, Double Fangs, Small Magic Glow, Small Horns,

Rare
Multiple Pairs of Ears, Scales, Custom Fang Edits, Tusks, Bird Feather Growth, Bird Wings, Bat Wings, Halos, Large Magic Glows/Features, Crystal Teeth, Patches of Crystal on Body, Large Horns, Spines on Back or Body, Extra eyes (Max of 2 extra Pairs), Multiple Tails, One Extra Pair of Limbs, Smooth Coat Edit

Legendary
Non-Physical Wings, Metal Wings, Crystal/Elemental Wings, Ethereal Body Parts, Crystal Body Bones, Extra Eyes, Multiple Heads, More than one extra Pair of Limbs, Extra Wings, Cyclops, No Eyes

Breeding Mutations (SPECIAL)
Dwarfism, Munchkin, Albinism, Melanism, Chimeric(Two separate coats in one Rohk)
Last edited by ty_tay on Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Youre uncomfortable now? You should walk into one of their hideouts. Its like stepping on a hornets nest, kicking it and then setting it on fire." -Avian (Dissent)

ImageImage

RP/Characters - X - VoK
I have old characters for trade here pm me if youre interested in one. Do not post on my thread please; its for character storage.
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff Rules

Postby ty_tay » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:59 pm

Staff Rules:
-Please be kind to other members and staff, if there is a concern please contact ty_tay
-You are allowed to hold any competition youd like (raffles, fcfs, impress me, auctions, ect.)
-Staff are allowed to accept payment for certain adopts (paid raffles, auctions, flatsale fcfs), customs, and 1 breeding out of 5.
-Staff may purchase a self custom (payment made to ty_tay unless another artist is making it)
-Staff may earn customs (More info below)
- Staff are allowed to gift their earned customs to another member.

For every non-paid adopt or cub and growth and artist makes (self customs not included) they earn a point towards a custom. If an artist wishes to use their collected points they must pm ty_tay. Artists are allowed to gift a custom to another user with their points. Points are accumulative and can also be used for items.
15 adults = 1 standard
20 adults = 1 common
25 adults = 1 Uncommon
35 adults = 1 rare
50 adults = 1 Legendary

ImageImage

RP/Characters - X - VoK
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rohktan Artist Search!

Postby Pets For Days » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:26 am

If I enter and don't win an artist spot, can I keep the designs but onto other species?
aand scratch that I just saw it in the rules XDD
Awesome I'll apply in a bit

oh btw Ty_tay, I have a question: If an artist falls in love with one of their adopt designs, are they allowed to keep it or is that a no-no?
Heya, I'm not active on ChickenSmoothie anymore.
I quit the site after the way people treated me & have been in theraphy.
I'm Autistic, shy, and have an anxiety disorder. But I will be keeping this acocunt
so that you can link your stuff to me if needed ❤
so if you see me post It's more likely
goign to end up being on my Toyhou.se
I'mtotallynotcopyiongmybffsmusictrackXD
I worked on Closed Species as an artist.
You may recognize me form Rokthans
Pets For Days

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ty_tay » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:48 am

Pets For Days wrote:If I enter and don't win an artist spot, can I keep the designs but onto other species?
aand scratch that I just saw it in the rules XDD
Awesome I'll apply in a bit

oh btw Ty_tay, I have a question: If an artist falls in love with one of their adopt designs, are they allowed to keep it or is that a no-no?

To answer your question yes/no. If youve earned or have purchased a custom you can use that to keep the adopt. (If you happen to make an adopt that you want to keep but havent earned or bought a custom spot you can save it but not post it until you youve acquired the custom spot you needed... If that makes any sense?)

ImageImage

RP/Characters - X - VoK
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pets For Days » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:53 am

oooh that sounds very interesting, That's awesome!
And yes it makes sense.
so if an artist makes 1 adopt they gain 1 point 15 adults =15 points = 1 standard rarity Rohk, right?
One thing that's been scratching me about the point system is, if the artist has used their gained points from 15 adults, do they keep the 15 and can built up again or does the it reset to 0 and you gotta work up again like a leveling system in a game?
I'm Autistic, shy, and have an anxiety disorder. But I will be keeping this acocunt
Pets For Days

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ty_tay » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:34 am

Thank you x3
You gain a point for every free entry adopt you make (youre allowed to make adopts that people can purchase, auctions, and raffle adopts that have tickets to purchase as well). You also gain a point for every cub you make once the adult version is posted.
Once you use the points on a custom the points get subtracted.

Example:

I have 60 points and buy a standard custom.
-15 points
Now I have 45 points.
I make 5 more adopts and now I have 50 points. I then buy a legendary custom.
-50 points
Now I have 0 points.

Eventually Ill probably make it so points can be used on items as well, but for now its just customs.

ImageImage

RP/Characters - X - VoK
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pets For Days » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:30 am

oh so if you use the points they go down and you have to reset again, no from 0 but form the amount you have left and etc,Not gonna lie I'm like super into this now and I really wanna take part so I'll try to put in effort into designs. is there a difficulty limit?
Pets For Days

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ty_tay » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:52 am

Exactly ^^

Im not sure what you mean by difficulty limit, but at minimum you need one standard entry (mainly to show off the design) and one edited entry (so I can make sure youre able to make custom edits). You can make as complex or as simple of designs as youd like but quality over quantity is preffered.

ImageImage

RP/Characters - X - VoK
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pets For Days » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:56 am

difficulty limit I mean is like the design complexity do design have to be complex difficult medium or simple?
usually it would apply with either patterns markings or edits ( ex.like tails or hair) and stuff
Pets For Days

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me