Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Peronyc Voyagers | RPG Adventure | Open! by chamomile.

Based on Click to view
Artist chamomile. [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 35 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Peronyc Voyagers | RPG Adventure | Open!

Postby chamomile. » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:01 pm

secret spaceWelcome to Peronyc Voyager an RPG based on writing, drawing and developing your very own Peronyc! Set in a newly discovered land, adopt your first voyager and create your own village which you can then upgrade and level up to unlock new rewards while also having the satisfaction of developing your characters. In this RPG we'll try to push your creative limits and encourage you to reach out and interact with your fellow members of the community, to create an exciting and unique adventure.

Peronycs are odd little creatures, that seem to be a hybrid of a bat and a mouse with the intelligence of a human. They normally walk on two legs, but can walk on four legs when they want to go faster. Peronycs have bat like wings attached to their front limbs, allowing them to fly decently well. Peronycs live in a world without humans, where they have created villages and cities.

Four years ago, a new continent was discovered, teeming with undiscovered life and treasure. Nycs from all over have been traveling to this new land, to discover it's secrets and learn to live side by side with the flora and fauna. Many Peronycs are forming adventuring groups, creating their own villages and making new friends along the way. So, will you set sail to this new land?

Last edited by chamomile. on Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 19 times in total.
chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Peronyc Voyagers | Rules & Traits |

Postby chamomile. » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:02 pm

◉All CS rules apply

◉Harassment of a staff member or community member will not be tolerated

◉Credit to proper artist is required

◉Peronyc are a closed species, meaning non-staff members are not permitted to make their own Peronyc adoptable

◉You may not spell or purchase Peronyc for any type of currency, art or likewise, outside of sales officially publicly hosted by the staff. Peronycs and their related myos and items can only be traded for other Peronycs, myos, or items.

◉You may not use the Peronyc base to make and sell designs. You may offer your services to make a design for another user, but you cannot sell premade designs for profit

◉With permission of the species owner as well as the original artist of the design you are allowed to transfer out of species designs onto species lines

◉You’re allowed to use a Peronyc as a sona with the original artist’s permission

◉While co-owning is not technically allowed, as one person would need to be the “official” owner, we see no issue with you sharing your Peronyc with someone. If there are any disputes regarding this, then staff will rule that the official owner of that Peronyc is the true owner

◉Begging or whining for a Peronyc in any form is not allowed

◉Please do not mini-mod any threads. Any questions posted will be answered by staff only. If you have concerns of people breaking rules, please privately message a member of the staff about it

◉You may not make edits to your Peronyc without the proper items and approval. This includes adding scars to your Peronyc. You may add accessories though

◉You must maintain a thread/website to store your Peronycs and information regarding them. More information can be found in the how to play section

◉When you are using a myo ticket, you must get staff approval before the Peronyc becomes official.

◉ Very Common ◉
teeth, claws, pupils, minor scars/injuries

◉ Common ◉
Hair, fur, ears, tail

◉ Uncommon ◉
Minor wing changes (Tears in wings, changes to the size of wings. Still has to be bat wings.), height changes, glow, polydactyl

◉ Rare ◉
Extra eyes, major wing changes (including feathered wings), extra limbs, scales or feathers (over 30% of the body or less), horns, halos, extra tails, extra ears, gems/plant growth

◉ Legendary ◉
Major changes to body structure, major gene-splicing (such as mermaid tails), multiple heads, multiple forms/form changing

Last edited by chamomile. on Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:32 am, edited 11 times in total.
chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Peronyc Voyagers | How to Play & Leveling |

Peronyc Voyagers is a role-playing game, in which you adopt Nycs to develop as characters and explore the world. To put it simply, you are rewarded for writing about and drawing your Peronycs, along with being rewarded for interacting with the community and playing games.
RPGs can be a bit confusing, but this section will help explain step by step how to play. If you have any questions, you are welcome to post your questions on this thread or message a member of the staff for help.

owowowo◉ Step one: Get your Voyager
Your Voyager is the first Peronyc you get. You can get this as a normal adopt, as a gift from someone, or the most common route: as a semi-custom for free. If you would like to get your free semi-custom Voyager, please go to the Voyager Forms thread for more information! You may only redeem your custom founder once, and only while you own no Peronycs.

owowowo◉ Step two: Create your Village
You can start working on this step while you wait for step #1! You need a place to store all your Peronyc related information, which we call a Village. You can either create a thread on the Character Storage Board, use a different website such as Toyhouse, or create a website. You can use whatever you would prefer, as long as you can link to it and it is publicly viewable. You are welcome to get as fancy or as simple with your village as you would like, as long as the information is there. Please choose a name for your village that is clearly written where you choose to store it. You can name it anything CS appropriate. While we suggest that you try to choose a village name not being used by someone else, this is not required. Here is an example of a village.

owowowo◉ Step three: Leveling
Now for the fun part! You start off at level 0. If you look at the section below “Leveling up”, you need to read through the information below your current level to see what you need to do to level up. Your first level up (to level 1) is simple, and will make you an official member of Peronyc Voyagers! As you gain levels, each one will require more development of your Peronycs to continue. By leveling up, you unlock more “homes” in your village, allowing you to keep more Peronycs. Level ups also allow you to unlock more areas to explore, giving you opportunities to find rare items. When you have completed the requirements to level up, post a level up form on the Archive Update thread. You do not have to wait to be approved to be officially leveled up, once you post the filled out form you are considered leveled up. If there are any issues with your form, you will be PMed and directed on how to get those issues sorted out.

owowowo◉ Step four: Games and Exploration
As you work on leveling up, you can often find games and exploration events being held. These often require you to answer a prompt in either writing or a drawing, and if you are lucky you may find items or even Peronycs you can keep! You can go to the Games and Exploration thread to see what is currently available. Please remember to only respond to games and explorations that are currently open.

Unless otherwise specified, written responses should be a minimum of 300 words.
Unless otherwise specified, art responses should be a minimum of a semi-clean headshot sketch with color, that is recognizable as the Peronyc it is showing. These can be commissioned.

Level 0- Maximum of one Peronyc (your Voyager)
◉ Receive your Voyager
◉ Create your village
◉ Describe your village (100+ words)

Level 1- Maximum of 4 Peronycs
◉ Give one of your Peronycs a personality or history (200+ words)
◉ Describe why your Voyager decided to come to this new land. (100+ words)
◉ Write about or draw one of your Peronycs exploring their new home.

Level 2- Maximum of 8 Peronycs
◉ Write about or draw a scene of two of your Peronycs interacting.
◉ Describe what other villages think of your village (100+ words)
◉ Describe an odd quirk of one of your Peronycs, and how it affects them. (200+ words)

Level 3- Maximum of 11 Peronycs
◉ Give one of your Peronycs a personality and a history (200+ words each)
◉ Write about or draw a scene of an exploration attempt gone wrong.
◉ Develop the relationship between two Peronycs (100+ words)

Level 4- Maximum of 15 Peronycs
◉ Write or draw a scene/Peronyc of your choice!
◉ Write or draw how one of your Peronycs feels about an NPC of your choice
◉ Write about an odd trinket one of your Peronycs found (100+ words)

Level 5- Maximum of 20 Peronycs
◉ Write or draw a scene/Peronyc of your choice!
◉ Describe the relationship between two Peronycs (150+ words)
◉ Describe a rumor that has been going around about one of your Peronycs (200+ words)

Level 6- Maximum of 24 Peronycs
You can choose one or the other of the following options for this level up! Please note that all writing and drawings, including those submitted for past level ups or explorations, count towards these totals. Don’t worry, you’ve already drawn and written way more than you think!
◉ Collectively 4000 words and 1 clean colored fullbody drawing with background and shading
OR
◉ Collectively 2000 words and 3 clean colored fullbody drawings with background and shading

Level 7- Maximum of 30 Peronycs
◉ Create a personality or history 2 Peronycs (300+ words each)
◉ Write or draw a scene of your choice (Minimum of fullbody or 600 words)
◉Draw or order art of 2 Peronycs

Level 8+
You gain space for +5 Peronycs for each level, and have the same requirements as level 7.

Last edited by chamomile. on Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:53 am, edited 11 times in total.
chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Peronyc Voyagers | Staff |

◉ Owner ◉
chamomile.

◉ Artists ◉
qpplepie

◉ Moderators ◉
beeghost

Last edited by chamomile. on Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Peronyc Voyagers | Q&A |

Postby chamomile. » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:03 pm

◉ Can my Peronyc have magic/special abilities? ◉
In most cases, yes. Peronyc are allowed to possess magic or abilities not specified in the species, though we suggest you don't overpower your character so that you can enjoy the prompts more. The exception is that you may not give them abilities that would count as a trait, such as growing plants or gems on their body, changing forms, etc. The general rule of thumb is that as long as it wouldn't affect how they physically look in the ref sheet, it is okay. So something like "My Peronyc can breathe underwater and swim fast" is fine, but "my Peronyc can grow fins" is not allowed. You are welcome to ask a staff member about a specific idea if you are not sure.

◉ Can my village be in the sky/ocean/volcano/etc? ◉
In most cases, yes. You are welcome to get creative with the location of your village, and come up with unique inventions they have made to live there. There may be some exceptions to this rule, if we feel that a certain location would break the mechanics of the game, but it is unlikely that will be a problem. If you are concerned about this, you are welcome to ask a staff member about your idea.

◉ What era is Peronyc Voyagers set in? ◉
There isn't a specific timeline set for Peronycs, as we want to encourage creativity with how you decide to build your village and characters. Peronycs are very loosely set in a medieval esc time, but not everything stays specifically from that era. So while we advise against you using modern technology such as cellphones in your village as that will not mesh well with the prompts, we encourage the use of magical technology, such as an amulet that allows you to communicate with another amulet holder far away. There are no set rules though, so you can do what you would like.

◉ Can I have a custom lined Peronyc? ◉
Yes, custom lined Peronyc designs are allowed. Custom lined references must keep Peronycs' bipedal anatomy (while Peronycs can run on four legs, references need to show their normal upright stance). Custom lined references must try to, as much as possible, not portray traits they do not have. Even if your style normally gives things you draw more fluff, shorter legs, etc, you must change this to not appear as though your Peronyc has traits they do not possess.

Last edited by chamomile. on Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Peronyc Voyagers | ARG Adventure | WIP

Postby chamomile. » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:03 pm

res
🔥 rowan/cham/tripp 🔪 he/him 🔪 not coming back 🔥