Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

draw my species !! [winners chosen !!] by byyrde

Based on Click to view
Artist byyrde [gallery]
Time spent 14 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

draw my species !! [winners chosen !!]

Postby byyrde » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:20 am

thank you all so much for your entries !! the winners have been chosen !!

please acknowledge that you've placed and i will send your rewards your way !! :-0

first place: bettalong !! ;; first and foremost, i ADORE the title sheet you made for the species; the exploding planet is gorgeously drawn and very true to the species lore !! you did a great job on their anatomy as well as providing tons of extra options for traits and nursery lines etc. !! these lines perfectly capture the spirit of the goobies, and for that i had to choose them !!

second place: moonpaw8033 !! ;; your title page was very cute !! you had a nice grasp of the anatomy and also provided some really neat extra options and nursery lines !! i love your lines, and i'm really looking forward to opening them up as gift/extra lines for other people to use as well !!

third place: xovial !! ;; your entry was lovely, and for drawing with a trackpad, i am really impressed with your work !! i am also looking forward to making your lines available as well to people, because i'm sure they will love them too !!

prizes !! wrote:1st place: x x x + 100 c$
2nd place: x x x + 50 c$
3rd place: x x + 25 c$

hey there, i'm byyrde !! i have a really great idea for an oekaki species but i.... can't draw on oekaki at all :'0 that's where you come in !! i'm looking for someone who can take my sketches and my vision and recreate it on oekaki !!
so the question at this point is probably, what am i drawing ??? i'm glad you asked :0 here they are !!

this is a gooby !! they are gelatinous alien creatures with a protective skin/fur covering over their bodies. they can have a variety of features, including tails, 'ears', extra goo appendages, etc. but this is the basic shape !! they have large paws with opposable thumbs which they use for grasping, and skinnier back legs. they also typically have a short, stout gooey tail, kind of like this guy
so how do you win the contest ?? here are two lists, one of necessary features and another of boosters !!

necessary features wrote:-furry body w/ four legs
-gooey head/neck, belly and tail
-no pupil, but there is an iris/sclera
-paw pads are goo color
-use this guide for build, more accurate
-big paws with thumbs
handy boosters wrote:-a color ref :0
-nursery lines (huge plus!!)
-shading/highlights (especially for the goo)
-multiple tail/"ear" options !!
-a title page !!
-everything neatly labeled !!
the necessary features just describes the species as a whole !! i'm looking for a lineart with color that i can edit freely. please be aware, i will ask for brush settings so that i can edit the lineart as needed !! :>
there are probably other things that will boost your chances but i can't think of any right now ~ feel free to add more as you see fit !!

i don't really have rules, but i will say that this species belongs to me, so please do not steal the concept or any of the species info (which i will be putting up soon in another forum) !! if you have any questions, feel free to ask !!
i will be giving out awards to the top three entries !! the entry that comes in first place will be used as the main lines, while the second and third will be considered secondary lines that i may or may not use / allow members of the species to use !!
even if your entry does not place, you cannot use the lines anywhere else !! sorry q v q they're of a specific species and as of right now i'm the only one allowed to create them !!
Last edited by byyrde on Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:47 am, edited 14 times in total.

quinn | she/her or they/them | lesbian

busy with university and struggling a lot with mental health so i'm really sorry for dipping out suddenly but i just can't keep up with my art and my work :( all the best everyone xx
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: draw my species !! [r+vr+c$ prizes] [ends august]

Postby wishbone! » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:24 am

Oooh marking this!
asterisk*; nicknames encouraged
adult
they/them
wishbone!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:06 am

mark!

Postby avocado333 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:03 am

mark!
avocado333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bettalong » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:57 pm

MARKIng to come back to later!! >:00000
Bettalong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: draw my species !! [r+vr+c$ prizes]

Postby byyrde » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:56 am

thank u everyone for their interest so far :> i look forward to your entries !!

i have set up an information page for the goobies while the competition is running !! i will work on it sporadically when i have the chance, but for now it has some basic info about what they are and where they come from !!
      welcome to the goobiverse

quinn | she/her or they/them | lesbian

busy with university and struggling a lot with mental health so i'm really sorry for dipping out suddenly but i just can't keep up with my art and my work :( all the best everyone xx
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TodTheFox » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:33 am

Mark :)

Hello! I'm Toddy, just your average guy who loves to draw and sew. If you ever wanna talk feel free to pm me. I hope y'all have a lovely day!
Image Image
TodTheFox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OriGalaxii » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:06 pm

small mark-