Based on Click to view
Artist Yuroshi [gallery]
Time spent 6 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Morgan

Postby Yuroshi » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:19 am

Username: Yuroshi
Partners form: link here to Nikolina's form!
Kal: Euraline
New Names: Morgan

chapter 1
;;

Smell of paint, fresh wood,
a new creation; sunrise walks,
relaxation turned to rescue

;;

The beach, the waves,
shell to a pearl; a dead girl,
washed up on the shore

;;

“May all of Land’s Blessings fall upon you,” I said to the old fisherman.
“You as well, young one.”
I thought of my day- delivering a cradle for the expecting mother, dropping into the market to make sure all the stalls held, delivering and repairing boats for the fishermen... overall, a good day. I smiled as I glanced out over the tiny island we lived on, and the sea that separated us from the others.
As small as it was, and vast as the sea that trapped us is, I couldn’t help but feel completely free- everything here was my home. And everyone in it, my friend. I knew it all, every piece of land as far as the eye could see...
All but one.
The faraway mountain that resembled a kneeling deity, made of pure stone all the way up, as far as we could see from the ground.
There are stories of it, fables told to misbehaving children.
“You have to be good- if we misbehave, Land will take control of the island and make her upset the sea.”
“If you don’t listen, I’ll send you to the empty island!”
“It’s filled with spirits who think they’re still alive- never go there, or they’ll take your soul too!”
I snorted at the thought. Others that would steal your soul? It was a fairytale, meant to keep others from traveling to the island and getting stranded, no way to come home, no way for their family to get to them because of the raging currents that surrounded it.
I’d always wanted to go there... but as I walked along the island’s edge, the sunset lighting up the village beautifully, I knew I couldn’t. There were simply too many people I wanted to help. Too many closed doors that I could forge the keys to open. Wistfully, I looked one last time towards the sea and along the bank, preparing to head back, but... something was there. Was that... a person?!
I ran as fast as my feet could take me, dropping to the ground beside her- it was the most beautiful woman I’d ever seen, drowned in a wedding dress. I immediately checked her pulse and performed CPR- I had to save her.
Land must have been with me, for she coughed up some water before promptly passing out once more. I touched her skin gently, and gasped at how cold it was- she needed warmth, quickly. With a strength I didn’t know I had, I raised her up into my arm and ran back to my boat, sailing swiftly to my small island and bringing her in, taking off her wedding dress to replace it with something warmer and placing her in my cot. I covered her with every blanket in sight and did my best to warm her up. Eventually, there was nothing else I could do... now it would be time to wait. Resigned to the reality of the situation, I began doing my daily chores before deciding to make seaweed soup for if- no, when, she woke up. She would wake up. She had to.

chapter 2
;;

A simple connection
becomes far more.
One heart stolen by another

;;

Her eyes, smiled so pure,
my sun, my universe,
my heart with love, you nurse

;;

I finished making the soup for the night, and walked back into my main room. I jumped slightly upon seeing the girl awake, then rushed over, concern clear upon my face.
“Oh good, you’re awake! How are you feeling? Are you cold? Does anything hurt? Goodness, you’re luck to even be alive right now! How did this happen? I found you all washed up on the shore, not even breathing.. I’m sorry about the mess, I just knew I needed to get you warm- and now I’m rambling, I’m so sorry. Are you hungry?”

I felt horrible about all the questions I had thrown at her, and shifted guiltily as she struggled to answer, a sheepish grin on my face. She stammered out, “I’m alright.. Thank you for saving me. You said...shore?...Water?..Sea?” I noticed the pained and confused expression on her face as she asked about the shore... this could be worse than I thought. Quickly, I walked back into the other room before returning with my seaweed soup, gently trying to get her propped into a better position as I answered.
“Of course, the shore and the sea. They surround all of the islands, remember? The vast expanse of lapping waves with all of Land’s green blessings serving as our island homes... are you feeling alright dear?”
I mumbled I bit to myself as I looked her over, trying to see if she might’ve hit her head to account for the memory loss.
“Have you forgotten where you’re from?”

As she shook her head and responded, I sighed slightly and sat cross-legged on the floor beside her. What in the world does “is this down” mean?! Had she not been so close, I certainly would’ve groaned aloud, but I didn’t want to worry the poor thing. She already looked absolutely stricken- in some part of my mind I wondered how she could still look so pretty when she was so worried and dressed in my warmest clothes.
“Sweetheart, I’m not really sure what you mean. Down? This is the highest we get, besides the abandoned island...”
I paused for a moment, wondering what could help her remember, when it came to me.
“Oh! When I found you, you were in a wedding dress- I’m sorry, I had to take it off of you to make sure you could get warm, but it’s only in the other room... maybe it would help you remember?”
I couldn’t stop the blush from coming to my face then, though I certainly tried- at the time, it had been a matter of life in death, but now that I had time to think about it.. Ahhh, dumb Morgan, stop thinking like that! You need to take care of her! I focused back on her and made sure she would eat her soup while waiting for an answer, fully prepared to help her eat if she was trembling too much.

I saw her open her mouth slightly, then begin to blink with an unfocused gaze... her trembling suddenly became worse, and I knew it wasn’t from the cold. She was remembering alright, but whatever it was, it wasn’t good.. Immediately I pulled the bowl gently from her hands, then grabbed one of hers and gently rubbed circles on it, trying to draw her back to the present.
“Shhh... you’re safe now, I’ll protect you. I’m here, you’re safe with me..”
I wanted to draw her into a hug, but I didn’t know what’d happened and didn’t want to scare her more.
Once her eyes focused on me again, I smiled gently at her.
“There you go, see? You’re so brave.. now why don’t we finish this soup, okay? We can talk more after if you want to.”
I scooped up a spoonful of the soup and raised it towards her, close enough that she knew that I was trying to help her eat. Feeding someone else wasn’t anything new for me, and I didn’t balk at it now.

I practically beamed when she smiled at me then began eating. Not wanting to let her feel awkward, I started a steady stream of mostly meaningless words- after finally telling her my name, and hearing hers as well. I told her it was quite beautiful and fitting for her, before the words just kept coming so she’d be able to relax. I told her about my day, my passion for building, the boat I’d just made the day before with the flowers that reminded me of her, the old man I was so fond of and the expecting mother who nearly cried when I gave her the cradle free of charge... she seemed to be enjoying it, but I could tell she wouldn’t be able to stay awake much longer. She fell asleep as I was telling her about my trip to another island, and I couldn’t help but think she looked angelic even without her wedding dress on. Smiling, I took and cleaned the bowl before deciding I’d had a long day myself, and even if it was only morning, I might as well sleep. Seeing as she was on the only bed- I wasn’t quite used to having visitors for the night- I simply pulled out another blanket and curled up on the floor, falling asleep within seconds.
——
When I woke, I got up and changed before quickly heading outside to check the time... it was beautiful, definitely around midnight. The moon shined brightly, and colored the clouds a brilliant purple while the stars created an infinite sky with the reflection of the sea. No matter how many times I’d seen it, it never failed to take my breath away... speaking of which- she said she came from Up, didn’t she? I thought she might not have had the chance to touch the starry ocean at night, nor sail it... so why not introduce one beauty to another?
I went back in and gently woke her, saying her name with a light touch to her shoulder. Once she seemed to get her bearings a bit I grabbed her hand and gently led her to the boat, careful so her sleepy stumbles didn’t lead us to fall, and gently sat her at one end before pushing off into the calm sea. As the sleep fled from her eyes, it seemed to be replaced with a soft wonder as she reached over the edge of the boat to drag her fingertips through the stars... it had to be one of the most beautiful sights I had ever seen- her against the stars. I knew I was probably smiling like a lunatic, but I just couldn’t help it- I hoped this would be what she needed to let go of whatever was hurting her, and holding her back- I wanted her to know I was there for her.

She smiled back, and I felt my face light up in a blush. Mirabelle... she’d been through so much, that much I could tell, but she could still smile like that. She must be so strong. I felt my heart speed up, and suddenly realized that I was falling in love- I guess love at first sight really does exist... but it’s more than just how pretty she is... there’s just something about her... my heart clenched slightly, and words just began spilling from me as though my heart controlled my tongue.
“Mirabelle, I don’t know what happened in your past, and I never need to- you never have to speak of it again. We can just forget all about it and sail the world if that’s what you want. But I want you to know, whatever happened, whatever may in the future- I will be here for you. You aren’t alone, and no matter how bad people may have been to you before, I promise to prove to you that we’re not all bad. I swear.”
And just as suddenly as my courage came, it disappeared- my face was burning as I blushed, and I only hesitated a moment before blurting out an obvious but true chance of subject, “look, there’s a shooting star! Make a wish, maybe Land will answer it!”
And when she said her wish? I knew she had well and completely stolen my heart.

;;

The coming of night,
disappearance of a sun;
foreshadowing a new day to come.

;;
The storm, raging wild,
keeping you afar, from me,
but soon, free you will be

;;

a component in Nikolina's form!)
x4 text (2000 words)

My pets