Based on Click to view
Artist Hawky<3 [gallery]
Time spent 11 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Rise | #2014

Postby Hawky<3 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:18 pm

Welcome to Rise!
Rise is an adoptable based on Warrior Cats and focused around world building and character development.
Please make sure that you read the main thread so that you understand limits and levels!

this cat may not be traded until: august 18th, 2019
there is a 2 month cooldown after each ownership change.
for a transfer to be official, both parties must post on this cat's page. the original owner must post in the archive.

to enter this competition, you must own a founder and at least be at level 1!

only users with 3 cats or less can enter this comp!!!
to win this cat, tell me about an experience they've had with illness and how they handled recovery. this can be taken any way! you have 1500 words and 1 art piece max.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Cat Name:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b]

[b]Prompt:[/b] (max 1500 words + 1 art piece)

end date: 6/17/19 at 12 am EST

Username:
    Cat Name:
    Clan:

Description: a lilac short-hair with golden eyes and slight white spotting

Other Features: none
    Siblings: none living

------------------------------------------ SSS: Foundation
    ----------------- SS: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ SSD: Foundation
    Father: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ SDS: Foundation
    ----------------- SD: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ SDD: Foundation

------------------------------------------ DSS: Foundation
    ----------------- DS: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ DSD: Foundation
    Dam: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ DDS: Foundation
    ----------------- DD: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ DDD: Foundation
Hawky<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rise | #2014

Postby xem » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:30 am

Username: .dystopian.
Cat Name: Stormlily

Clan:

Prompt:

wip <3
┌──────┐

✧ artist
✧ guitarist

th
credit

└──────┘

i love my friends
xem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby insidious.wizard » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:35 pm

Username: .-hotaru-.
Cat Name: WolfLight

Clan: HazelClan

Prompt:
Wolf had been confined to the den for what felt like ages. He could see his sisters happily playing just outside and wanted so badly to join them, but their mother wouldn't let him.

Sure he coughed all the time, and maybe he ached all over, and couldn't quit shivering, but he was fine He was a big cat now (well, maybe not a big cat, but he wasn't even nursing anymore!), and he could handle a little cough and shivers. He just wanted to play with his sisters.

His mother quickly pulled him back to the nest as he attempted escape once more.

"Wolf, if you don't rest you'll never get well."

Wolf scowled, "I'm not sick, It just," a fit of coughs broke through his complaints, "It's just a cough, mother. Please, I just want to play!"

His mother smiled sadly and gently tugged hi, towards her with a paw. "I know, little Wolf, I know. The sooner you listen the sooner you'll get better, though, I promise."

He didn't struggle as she set him gently back into the nest and groomed his sweaty fur. Truthfully he didn't have enough energy to fight back. He stayed in the nest for what felt like an eternity before the aches went away and the shivers stopped, but the cough was persistent. Mother did let him out to play now, but she fussed if he at a coughing fit.

Even as he grew and his mother became old, the cough came back every now and again. It's mostly if he over exerts himself or runs for a bit too long, but he swears it doesn't bother him. Even if does make it hard to breath sometimes, he's fine, and he doesn't want to be coddled.

His clanmates tend to worry about him, but he insists he's ok and they don't want to argue with him. So he coughs, and nobody speaks about it anymore.

326 words
ImageImageImage
ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇꜱ
ᴅᴍ ᴍᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴏʀ ᴏɴ ᴅɪꜱᴄᴏʀᴅ ꜰᴏʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴍɪꜱꜱɪᴏɴꜱ
ᴅɪꜱᴄʀᴏᴅ:
marz_with_a_z
ᴛᴏʏʜᴏᴜsᴇ
ꜰᴜʀʀʏ ᴘᴀᴡꜱ
ᴀʀᴛꜰɪɢʜᴛ

"ɢʜᴏꜱᴛꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴏʟᴅ ʜᴏᴜꜱᴇꜱ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍɪɴɢ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɴᴏ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ɪᴛ, ʜᴏɴ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴅᴏ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ
ɢᴏ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴇᴍᴘʟᴀᴛᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴠɪᴅᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ɢᴜᴀʀᴀɴᴛᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ꜰɪɴᴅ
ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ
ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇʏ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ

ɴɪɢʜᴛꜱ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ
ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜱᴘᴇɴᴅ
ɴɪɢʜᴛꜱ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ
ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ, ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ"

ᴍᴀʀᴢ - ʜᴇ/ɪᴛ - ᴄᴏʏᴏᴛᴇnnnnnnnnnnnn

Imagennnnnnnnnnnnnn
insidious.wizard

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jellyphants » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:16 am

username: dedenne!
    cat name: dove perching on dead branch

clan: x

prompt: wip.
jellyphants

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kamelgirl » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:36 am

username: kamelgirl
    cat name: softsoot

clan: rimeclan

prompt: This was how it began: Softsoot fainted. He'd felt abnormally warm, moments before, and a bit lightheaded, but that was all the warning he'd received before his eyes had rolled back in his head and his legs had crumpled beneath him. When he next opened his eyes, sweating and nauseous, it was to the sky-blue gaze of Eveningstar, her face pinched in worry.

He almost made a flirty comment but that better of it at the last moment. "That was strange," he said instead. "Don't look at me like that, I'm fine." He attempted to take a step and immediately fell on his face.

Eveningstar surveyed his fallen body disapprovingly. "You're ill," she said.

"I am not," Softsoot said. Eveningstar ignored him.

"I can't imagine how you could've picked it up. Was it something you were doing?"

Softsoot thought of yesterday, when he and Wrenfeather had dared each other to jump into the icy river, and shrugged. "I have no idea."

"I know you're lying," Eveningstar informed him archly, "but hopefully this will teach you a lesson. Now get up, we have to get you to your den." This turned out to be a long and arduous process. Since Wrenfeather was out hunting, they'd had to make due without her. Since Softsoot had already demonstrated that he couldn't walk himself, Eveningstar had propped him up on her shoulder to pick his way along. Every few steps, his legs crumpled beneath him, leaving Eveningstar to catch him before he hit the ground. Occasionally, she had to dart aside as he retched up what little food he'd already eaten.

The heat of shame burned almost as strongly as the fever did and was much more unpleasant.

When the camp finally came in sight, he'd nearly cried. Eveningstar had seemed just as relieved. Instead of allowing him to return to his soft nest to sulk and rest up, however, she'd dragged him over to the makeshift medicine cat den and dropped him on the floor.

"Without a medicine cat, we'll have to make do," Eveningstar said briskly, pawing through their meager herb supplies. "I know some rudimentary medicine, but I don't have much skill with it, so please don't get greencough."

"It's just a bug, it'll pass soon," Softsoot murmured for what must have been the fiftieth time. His entire body ached from the walk, and his dizzy head and fever didn't help. He could feel Eveningstar's disbelieving stare burning into his pelt and turned his head to avoid it.

"Eat this." A bundle of feverfew was dropped in front of him. "I'll see if I can find some borage later, but get some rest for now."

Wanting to protest but too tired to argue, he'd simply lapped up the herbs and attempted to sleep. Sleep didn't come easily; he felt uncomfortably warm and his dreams, when he had them, were confusing and stressful. When he finally awoke, Wrenfeather was there.

"Softsoot, I'm so sorry," she wailed. "This is all my fault, if I hadn't suggested the river-!"

"I suggested the river," Softsoot croaked.

She paused. "Oh, yeah. You did."

"That doesn't mean I'm taking all the blame, though," he pointed out. "This is your fault too."

"I know." Wrenfeather crouched down beside him, tucking her paws beneath her. "I just feel so bad! Is there anything I can do?"

"Not really." Softsoot curled up into a ball. "You can leave now, if you want."

"But you don't feel any better!" The she-cat considered him pensively. Softsoot wondered how he must appear in her eyes; weak, vulnerable, utterly useless? The thought rankled him. At last, Wrenfeather sprang to her feet, twitching with anticipation. "Stay right there, I'll be back in a minute," she ordered before taking off.

Twenty minutes later, there was a small freshkill pile in the corner and a stack of moss dripping with fresh, clean river water, and Wrenfeather was fluffing Softsoot's nest with down feathers and the softest moss she could find. It had taken a bit of convincing to sway Softsoot to allow it - he still wasn't entirely convinced that this was the best use of either of their times - but he couldn't bring himself to regret it.

Then Eveningstar walked in.

"What are you doing," Eveningstar said flatly.

Wrenfeather, who had been futilely attempting to wedge yet another feather into Softsoot's already stuffed nest, glanced between her leader and her friend. "I'm... helping my clanmate?" she tried. Softsoot cringed.

"Not paying off a debt?" Eveningstar asked dryly. Before Wrenfeather could respond, she waved away any reply. "No, don't answer that. It's good that you're helping a clanmate in need... no matter how coerced it may be." Both warriors winced. "Anyway, Softsoot - I was able to find some borage for you. Since you're not doing anything useful, Wrenfeather, you may as well chew it up for him. Don't leave any large pieces he could choke on."

Large pieces - He could feel the tips of his ears flush with embarrassment. "You don't have to baby me, I'm not a kit," Softsoot snapped.

His leader made a show of looking around at everything Wrenfeather had brought. "You mean this isn't babying?" she asked in faux surprise. "I shall have to remember that, then, the next time I want one of you to fluff my nest. I'm off, now. Focus on healing up; we need you back on your paws as soon as possible." With that, she turned on her tail and left. An awkward silence followed in her wake.

Softsoot sighed, trying to ignore the tide of shame lapping at his pelt. "She's right. Get up, Wrenfeather, we need to clear some of this stuff away."

Wrenfeather blinked confusedly. "Wait, what?"

"You heard her - we're warriors. We don't have time to play at softness." Softsoot heaved himself to his feet, promptly lost his balance, and would've crashed headfirst into the floor if Wrenfeather hadn't caught him. After a couple heartbeats of frantic scrambling and panicked expletives from them both, she was able to tip him back into his nest without further incident.

After he'd settled down, she glared at him - chest still heaving with exertion and fury - and snapped. "Have you lost your mind?" she growled. "You're still sick! You should be resting, not gallivanting around, to - to avoid weakness!"

"And isn't it weakness? We've only got three cats including myself, I can't afford to be laying about!" he shot back. Mortification swirled together with frustration at his pathetic condition, blending into a cocktail of helpless rage directed at everything and nothing. "My clan needs me and I'm being completely useless!"

Wrenfeather rolled her eyes so hard they creaked in their sockets. "You - are - sick," she enunciated each word clearly, jabbing a paw at Softsoot's chest. "This happens sometimes, in case you hadn't noticed. What did you think the medicine cat position is even for?" Without waiting for a reply, she went on, "You're not useless, and you know it. Stop being dramatic."

"Eveningstar doesn't seem to think so," he muttered and regretted it instantly. Wrenfeather pounced on it like the weakness it was.

"Is that your issue? Eveningstar wouldn't have recruited you if she thought you were useless. I don't see why that would change just because you're stuck to your nest for a day or two."

"Because nest-ridden cats are liabilities," Softsoot snarled, and this was revealing more of his past than he'd really wanted to but it was too late now, wasn't it - "They're weaknesses. Vulnerabilities. Any cat who can't take care of itself is only going to get itself and other cats killed. Smart leaders -" his voice caught. "Smart leaders throw away weaknesses like that, weaknesses that drag them down."

Wrenfeather sat back, contemplating this. "Is that what happened to you?" she asked quietly.

Softsoot couldn't look at her.

"That's not going to happen to you, I promise. Eveningstar wouldn't do that. And even if she did - which she won't," she stressed, "I would stay with you. So cheer up, Softsoot, you've got friends now and you're not allowed to be grumpy."

The rage cooled. He looked up at her, in that instant seeing her clearly - fierce and kind and so, so caring - and couldn't help but soften, just a little. "Thanks, Wren." Ducking his head, he added, "Sorry for yelling at you."

The smile she broke out into put the very sun to shame, lifting his mood easily. "Sure thing! Now just hold tight there, I'm sure I can fit just one more feather in that nest of yours..." [1424/1500]
Last edited by kamelgirl on Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i like cats
rimeclan

avatar by jishokoi, siggie art by me
kamelgirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hawkfire102 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:53 am

Username: hawkfire102
Cat Name: Cinnamonpaw

Clan: SycamoreClan

Prompt: (max 1500 words + 1 art piece)

The first winter came to SycamoreClan and all seemed well. It wasn't until one of the first apprentices feel sick very quickly. The medicine cat asked around the neighboring clans, even going as far as traveling to the Moon Cavern and the Twoleg Place. They would only come back with bad news.
Greencough.
Cinnamonpaw had greencough. She could barely catch her breath after each coughing fit, digging her claws into her mossy bed as if trying to cling to life. It had only been a moon since she became an apprentice, this can't be happening! She felt tears sting at her eyes as she overheard the medicine cat speaking with Sycamorestar and Birchheart. Their tone was solemn and quiet, obviously trying to not let her hear.
No! I won’t go out like this! I just found my home!
The following weeks, Cinnamonpaw strived to get better. She was going to be a warrior and she would not let this overtake her. Mostly importantly, by StarClan she was not about to let Cherrypaw become a warrior before she did!
Cinnamonpaw fought harder than she ever had before. She did everything the medicine cat told her to do to the letter. No matter how nauseous the herbs and food made her, she forced herself to keep it down. She was going to be a warrior. She would make sure of it.
After a moon, she never felt more joy than feeling the sunlight warm her pelt as she stepped foot outside the medicine cat’s den. Cherrypaw was waiting for her and happily filled her in on everything in the Clan, including new arrivals.

Th: hawkfire102
Art Shop | Character Design Shop
hawkfire102

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hawky<3 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:19 am

kamelgirl wrote:
    username: kamelgirl
    cat name: softsoot

clan: rimeclan

prompt: This was how it began: Softsoot fainted. He'd felt abnormally warm, moments before, and a bit lightheaded, but that was all the warning he'd received before his eyes had rolled back in his head and his legs had crumpled beneath him. When he next opened his eyes, sweating and nauseous, it was to the sky-blue gaze of Eveningstar, her face pinched in worry.

He almost made a flirty comment but that better of it at the last moment. "That was strange," he said instead. "Don't look at me like that, I'm fine." He attempted to take a step and immediately fell on his face.

Eveningstar surveyed his fallen body disapprovingly. "You're ill," she said.

"I am not," Softsoot said. Eveningstar ignored him.

"I can't imagine how you could've picked it up. Was it something you were doing?"

Softsoot thought of yesterday, when he and Wrenfeather had dared each other to jump into the icy river, and shrugged. "I have no idea."

"I know you're lying," Eveningstar informed him archly, "but hopefully this will teach you a lesson. Now get up, we have to get you to your den." This turned out to be a long and arduous process. Since Wrenfeather was out hunting, they'd had to make due without her. Since Softsoot had already demonstrated that he couldn't walk himself, Eveningstar had propped him up on her shoulder to pick his way along. Every few steps, his legs crumpled beneath him, leaving Eveningstar to catch him before he hit the ground. Occasionally, she had to dart aside as he retched up what little food he'd already eaten.

The heat of shame burned almost as strongly as the fever did and was much more unpleasant.

When the camp finally came in sight, he'd nearly cried. Eveningstar had seemed just as relieved. Instead of allowing him to return to his soft nest to sulk and rest up, however, she'd dragged him over to the makeshift medicine cat den and dropped him on the floor.

"Without a medicine cat, we'll have to make do," Eveningstar said briskly, pawing through their meager herb supplies. "I know some rudimentary medicine, but I don't have much skill with it, so please don't get greencough."

"It's just a bug, it'll pass soon," Softsoot murmured for what must have been the fiftieth time. His entire body ached from the walk, and his dizzy head and fever didn't help. He could feel Eveningstar's disbelieving stare burning into his pelt and turned his head to avoid it.

"Eat this." A bundle of feverfew was dropped in front of him. "I'll see if I can find some borage later, but get some rest for now."

Wanting to protest but too tired to argue, he'd simply lapped up the herbs and attempted to sleep. Sleep didn't come easily; he felt uncomfortably warm and his dreams, when he had them, were confusing and stressful. When he finally awoke, Wrenfeather was there.

"Softsoot, I'm so sorry," she wailed. "This is all my fault, if I hadn't suggested the river-!"

"I suggested the river," Softsoot croaked.

She paused. "Oh, yeah. You did."

"That doesn't mean I'm taking all the blame, though," he pointed out. "This is your fault too."

"I know." Wrenfeather crouched down beside him, tucking her paws beneath her. "I just feel so bad! Is there anything I can do?"

"Not really." Softsoot curled up into a ball. "You can leave now, if you want."

"But you don't feel any better!" The she-cat considered him pensively. Softsoot wondered how he must appear in her eyes; weak, vulnerable, utterly useless? The thought rankled him. At last, Wrenfeather sprang to her feet, twitching with anticipation. "Stay right there, I'll be back in a minute," she ordered before taking off.

Twenty minutes later, there was a small freshkill pile in the corner and a stack of moss dripping with fresh, clean river water, and Wrenfeather was fluffing Softsoot's nest with down feathers and the softest moss she could find. It had taken a bit of convincing to sway Softsoot to allow it - he still wasn't entirely convinced that this was the best use of either of their times - but he couldn't bring himself to regret it.

Then Eveningstar walked in.

"What are you doing," Eveningstar said flatly.

Wrenfeather, who had been futilely attempting to wedge yet another feather into Softsoot's already stuffed nest, glanced between her leader and her friend. "I'm... helping my clanmate?" she tried. Softsoot cringed.

"Not paying off a debt?" Eveningstar asked dryly. Before Wrenfeather could respond, she waved away any reply. "No, don't answer that. It's good that you're helping a clanmate in need... no matter how coerced it may be." Both warriors winced. "Anyway, Softsoot - I was able to find some borage for you. Since you're not doing anything useful, Wrenfeather, you may as well chew it up for him. Don't leave any large pieces he could choke on."

Large pieces - He could feel the tips of his ears flush with embarrassment. "You don't have to baby me, I'm not a kit," Softsoot snapped.

His leader made a show of looking around at everything Wrenfeather had brought. "You mean this isn't babying?" she asked in faux surprise. "I shall have to remember that, then, the next time I want one of you to fluff my nest. I'm off, now. Focus on healing up; we need you back on your paws as soon as possible." With that, she turned on her tail and left. An awkward silence followed in her wake.

Softsoot sighed, trying to ignore the tide of shame lapping at his pelt. "She's right. Get up, Wrenfeather, we need to clear some of this stuff away."

Wrenfeather blinked confusedly. "Wait, what?"

"You heard her - we're warriors. We don't have time to play at softness." Softsoot heaved himself to his feet, promptly lost his balance, and would've crashed headfirst into the floor if Wrenfeather hadn't caught him. After a couple heartbeats of frantic scrambling and panicked expletives from them both, she was able to tip him back into his nest without further incident.

After he'd settled down, she glared at him - chest still heaving with exertion and fury - and snapped. "Have you lost your mind?" she growled. "You're still sick! You should be resting, not gallivanting around, to - to avoid weakness!"

"And isn't it weakness? We've only got three cats including myself, I can't afford to be laying about!" he shot back. Mortification swirled together with frustration at his pathetic condition, blending into a cocktail of helpless rage directed at everything and nothing. "My clan needs me and I'm being completely useless!"

Wrenfeather rolled her eyes so hard they creaked in their sockets. "You - are - sick," she enunciated each word clearly, jabbing a paw at Softsoot's chest. "This happens sometimes, in case you hadn't noticed. What did you think the medicine cat position is even for?" Without waiting for a reply, she went on, "You're not useless, and you know it. Stop being dramatic."

"Eveningstar doesn't seem to think so," he muttered and regretted it instantly. Wrenfeather pounced on it like the weakness it was.

"Is that your issue? Eveningstar wouldn't have recruited you if she thought you were useless. I don't see why that would change just because you're stuck to your nest for a day or two."

"Because nest-ridden cats are liabilities," Softsoot snarled, and this was revealing more of his past than he'd really wanted to but it was too late now, wasn't it - "They're weaknesses. Vulnerabilities. Any cat who can't take care of itself is only going to get itself and other cats killed. Smart leaders -" his voice caught. "Smart leaders throw away weaknesses like that, weaknesses that drag them down."

Wrenfeather sat back, contemplating this. "Is that what happened to you?" she asked quietly.

Softsoot couldn't look at her.

"That's not going to happen to you, I promise. Eveningstar wouldn't do that. And even if she did - which she won't," she stressed, "I would stay with you. So cheer up, Softsoot, you've got friends now and you're not allowed to be grumpy."

The rage cooled. He looked up at her, in that instant seeing her clearly - fierce and kind and so, so caring - and couldn't help but soften, just a little. "Thanks, Wren." Ducking his head, he added, "Sorry for yelling at you."

The smile she broke out into put the very sun to shame, lifting his mood easily. "Sure thing! Now just hold tight there, I'm sure I can fit just one more feather in that nest of yours..." [1424/1500]

congrats! i loved the character interactions between all these cats, it grew each personality ^^ great job!

hi! call me hawk or hawky :)
they/she
i draw and rp sometimes
pm me, i love to chat!

cleudsxxmy TH
art shop
Hawky<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kamelgirl » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:42 pm

aah thank you!! i'm so glad you liked their personalities, i love them a lot <33

i like cats
rimeclan

avatar by jishokoi, siggie art by me
kamelgirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me