Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Rohktans by ty_tay

Based on Click to view
Artist ty_tay [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 14
49 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Rohktans

Postby ty_tay » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:26 pm

(Place holder for banner)
Rohktans!
Adopts - Nursery - Customs/Store - Archive - Artist Search - Fan Club

Rohktans are a large sentient feline species that lives alongside humans and elves. They come in a wide variety of sizes, shapes and colors. Some have the ability to control magic while others prefer to use their strength or voice.

Pronunciation: Ro-keh-tan (the beginning of the word is meant to sound gravelly like that of a growl though pronunciation without the rumble is acceptable to the species. Its also acceptable to call them Rohks.)

About Cubs
Rohktan cubs are extremely fluffy and their markings and colors are often indistinct. Many mutations are hidden until the cubs age. As the cubs grow into adults they lose their baby coats which allow for their true colors and markings to appear as can be seen above.

More on lore to come

For the artists
Code: Select all
 [center][quote][b]What are Rohktans?[/b]
Rohktans are a large sentient feline species that lives alongside humans and elves. They come in a wide variety of sizes, shapes and colors. Some have the ability to control magic while others prefer to use their strength or voice.[/quote][/center]

-contest info-

[code]Username:
Rohktan Name:

Rarity:
Traits:
-

END DATE:
Last edited by ty_tay on Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:45 am, edited 21 times in total.
"Youre uncomfortable now? You should walk into one of their hideouts. Its like stepping on a hornets nest, kicking it and then setting it on fire." -Avian (Dissent)

ImageImage
Art by: me (with a mouse)
Art of: Mars & Jenova

Art by: preppy paws | Art of: Mars |Art by: Me | Art of: Rune

My Characters! *OLD* *NEW* - Rohktans - My CWHR horses
RP/Characters - X - VoK
I have old characters for trade here pm me if youre interested in one. Do not post on my thread please; its for character storage.
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rohktans

Rules and staff

Owner:
ty_tay

Artists:
ty_tay
ScarletFang
Pets For Days (Nov 13th 2019)
ScoinWolf (Nov 7th 2019)
Serenwish (Jan 8th 2020) -temp?-

Guest Artists:
allu (ends April 1st @11:59pm EST)

Moderators:
ty_tay
ScarletFang
Pets For Days

General Rules:
-Rohktans are a closed species meaning non-staff member may not create Rohktan adoptables.
-If you are banned from the species you may transfer your Rohktan designs to a new species, however if the transfer is not made and posted on the Rohktans adoption page within 1 month the Rohktan will be readopted.
-You are not allowed to breed Rohktans on your own. You must use the breeding forum and ask an artist to breed your Rohktans for you.
-You can not co-own a Rohk.
-Be kind to the other players and do not harass the staff about adopts, customs or breedings. If you have a concern please notify ty_tay or one of the mods
-Please avoid whining, begging or passive-aggressive comments on any and all adopts and Rohktan forums.
-Please be aware of contest deadlines. Forms posted pass the end dates will not be accepted or considered. (To the artists discretion/within reason)
-Any threads that involve Rohktans that are not roleplay or archive please ask for permission before posting them.

Trading, Selling, Gifting, Readoption Rules:
-If a Rohktan has a change of ownership both the old owner and new owner must post on the Rohktans adoption page noting the change in ownership.
-You need not ask for permission to gift a Rohktan
-You may not sell a Rohktan the was a free adopt or the result of a breeding.
-Rohktans can not be sold for real life currency.
-You must wait 1 month after receiving a Rohktan before it can be traded or sold. If gifting please contact the artist for permission (void if you have owned the Rohk for a month or longer).
-If you wish to have a Rohktan or a cub readopted please notify the artist and ty_tay, so they may hold the competition.

References:
-You may create a personal reference for your Rohk, however you may not make edits in the design (no removing of limbs, no adding physical or magical traits unless told otherwise).
-You may not edit the original lines of the Rohktan reference.
-You are allowed to give your Rohktan clothing, jewelry, and items.

Customs:
-As of right now you are not allowed to make your own customs. An artist must be available and agree to make a custom for you. (You can create a custom reference for the artist to use in reference for your Rohktan, however if it doesn't follow the rules/rarities the artist will edit it)
-Customs can be purchased or won. When buying a custom you must pay the artist making the custom.
-Custom artists have the right to pick and choose which customs they make.
-You may only purchase one custom a month. Artists may have additional rules (I.E. If you bought a custom from them the previous round you may not buy a custom from this round.)
-Artists may purchase a custom to make themselves (Artists must send payment to ty_tay if making their own customs)
-Artists may only accept 5 customs at a time, and must complete all customs before accepting more.

Limits and Cooldowns:
-You may own as many Rohktans as you wish.
-You may only purchase 1 custom a month
-You may only win 1 Rohk a week from a fcfs contest.
-There is no cooldown for adopting a rhok from a comp that isnt a fcfs (i.e. writing, drawing, personality, naming, ect)
-You may only order a breeding once every 20 days. (Cooldown starts when your breeding is accepted. Please be aware of the artists breeding rules when placing requests)
-A female Rohktan may only breed once every 30 days.
-A male Rohktan may breed twice every 30 days.

Mates and Breeding:
-Rohktans are allowed to be any romantic or sexual orientation.
-Rohktans typically have 1-5 mates, can be more if desired. There is always a dominant in the relationship that can be male or female.
-Rohktans must be owned for 2 weeks before being bred.
-Cubs grow after 2 weeks and must wait an additional 2 weeks after growth to be bred.
-In a breeding a female and male must be used but do not have to be mates. Up to two males and one female can be used per breeding request. NEW Breedings can occur between any gender combination (MxF, MxM, FxF)
-Breedings will result in 1-4 cubs. This is generated randomly unless an item is used.
-Incestuous relationships and relationships involving cubs with adults is not allowed.
-You may not pm an artist about acquiring a breeding spot unless the artist has stated otherwise.
-Do not harass the artists, if you have a concern please contact ty_tay or one of the mods.
-Traits and number of cubs will be rolled by the artist unless the artist asks ty_tay or a mod to do it for them.
-Breeding items being used must be written in the form request.
-Breeding mutations have a 1/1000 chance of occurring.
-You must decide the fates of the cub(s) within 60 days or they will be readopted.

Staff Rules:
-Please be kind to other members and staff, if there is a concern please contact ty_tay
-You are allowed to hold any competition youd like (raffles, fcfs, impress me, auctions, ect.)
-Staff are allowed to accept payment for certain adopts (paid raffles, auctions, flatsale fcfs), customs, and 1 breeding out of 5.
-Staff may purchase a self custom (payment made to ty_tay unless another artist is making it)
-Staff may earn customs (More info below)
- Staff are allowed to gift their earned customs to another member.
-If a contest reaches its end date with no complete forms, there must be 1 extension of end date. If no complete forms after the extended end date the artist may keep, gift or save for event prize.

For every non-paid adopt or cub and growth and artist makes (self customs not included) they earn a point towards a custom. If an artist wishes to use their collected points they must pm ty_tay. Artists are allowed to gift a custom to another user with their points. Points are accumulative and can also be used for items.
15 adults = 1 standard
20 adults = 1 common
25 adults = 1 Uncommon
35 adults = 1 rare
50 adults = 1 Legendary
Last edited by ty_tay on Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:19 am, edited 13 times in total.
"Youre uncomfortable now? You should walk into one of their hideouts. Its like stepping on a hornets nest, kicking it and then setting it on fire." -Avian (Dissent)

ImageImage

RP/Characters - X - VoK
I have old characters for trade here pm me if youre interested in one. Do not post on my thread please; its for character storage.
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Traits

Standard
Standard Tail, Standard Ears, Non-edited lines

Common
Tick Tail, Tufted Tail, Thin Tail, Bobbed Tail, Rounded Ears, Leg Feathering(Pre-made), Long Fangs

Uncommon
Long Claws, Dew Claws, Crystal/Metal Claws, Minor fur edits, Manes/Hair, Custom Ear Edits, Scelara Color, Custom Tails, Saber Fangs, Double Fangs, Small Magic Glow, Small Horns,

Rare
Multiple Pairs of Ears, Scales, Custom Fang Edits, Tusks, Bird Feather Growth, Bird Wings, Bat Wings, Halos, Large Magic Glows/Features, Crystal Teeth, Patches of Crystal on Body, Large Horns, Spines on Back or Body, Extra eyes (Max of 2 extra Pairs), Multiple Tails, One Extra Pair of Limbs, Smooth Coat Edit

Legendary
Non-Physical Wings, Metal Wings, Crystal/Elemental Wings, Ethereal Body Parts, Crystal Body Bones, Extra Eyes, Multiple Heads, More than one extra Pair of Limbs, Extra Wings, Cyclops, No Eyes

Breeding Mutations (SPECIAL)
Dwarfism, Munchkin, Albinism, Melanism, Chimeric(Two separate coats in one Rohk)

No Rarity
Scars, limbs lost in battle, clothing, jewelry

More may come later
Last edited by ty_tay on Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:55 am, edited 5 times in total.

ImageImage

RP/Characters - X - VoK
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ty_tay » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:27 pm

Hierarchy's

When it comes to classes and rank theres two sets. The first is the family hierarchy. There is always a dominant adult (male or female) that is the representative and leader for their family, then there are any non blood related adults that are the 'subs' (usually 1-3 subs in a family) and the mates of the 'dom' (and each other), after that there is the cubs and adolescents that are basically protected by the family until they reach maturity in which they are expected to go off on their own and start their own family/extend their family.
The society ranks are different. The Doms are expected to have some sort of official role in order to provide for their family and represent their family in official matters (if a doms sub breaks the law it is the doms responsibility to take the punishment depending on what has been done). Different ranks include mage/scholar that focus one magic abilities, warriors/gaurds that focus on protecting the cities and roads they also usually have a human/elf partner, and the diplomats that are basically their to keep order and peace between the two races. (Sometimes people will get to choose what faction their cats go into other times the artist chooses) also there can be loners/rogues who dont live by the rules or live outside of the cities. Some of them dont accept or more so hate the humans/elves and will even attack them.

Classes

Warrior: Typically stronger with lesser magic abilities. The warrior class is made up of hunters, guards, fighters, ect. The warriors that choose to be guards are often paired with a human or elf partner.

Magi: Usually has stranger magic abilities and less strength. The Magi class is usually divided into scholars, diplomats, and general magic users such as healers.

Classes are mainly used for certain competitions and RP purposes. Just because your Rohk is from one class it doesn't mean that it cant have the strentghs of the other class. Once you choose a class for your Rohk it can not be changed with out use of a special item.

World Lore

The rohktans live in a fantasy based world that is dominated by three main races: humans, elves, and the rohktans themselves. The three races typically get along well so long as everyone follows the rules. Humans and elves often have the most augements between each other while the Rohktans are often times the mediators. There are several large cities that the races often mingle in, however each race also has their own villages and cities that they dominate.

More of the Rohktans

Lifespan

Rohks age at the same rate humans do until they reach the adult stage, in which the aging process slows. Most rohks easily live to be a couple hundred years old, though some with powerful magic have lived for several thousand.

Diet

Rohks tend to eat whatever food they like. If they cant prep and cook it themselves they'll resort to eating raw, though some do truly enjoy staying in touch with this primitive nature.
Last edited by ty_tay on Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ImageImage

RP/Characters - X - VoK
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Misc.

Postby ty_tay » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:27 pm

Last edited by ty_tay on Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage

RP/Characters - X - VoK
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cactologist » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:29 pm

Mark!! So excited!!
Cactologist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kiwilady » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:32 pm

Mark!
........ ...... ........................
Hi!
I'm Kiwilady but you can call me kiwi!
I am a qualified Vet Tech!
I am a horse kinda person who loves
science and drama!
Come Visit The New CWHR!
I have a flight rising, a howrse, an aywas and many other websites and i love offsite trading!
Kiwilady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ty_tay » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:35 pm

Thanks for the Marks guys! <3

Adopts will hopefully start sometime this week, but all of the species info may not be up until next weekend or the week after. I will try to work on this some tomorrow but I'm having surgery so no guarantees.

ImageImage

RP/Characters - X - VoK
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nimrod. » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:51 pm

love these c:
nimrod.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scoinwolf » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:56 pm

Mark!
Red sky at night, sailor's delight. Red sky in the morning, sailors take warning.
Wayward Bound | Not Quite Dogs
Scoinwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me