Drawing sessions 5
89 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by elyx

by whim

by whim

Kalon #1576 - Golden Rays

Postby whim » Thu May 16, 2019 2:54 pm

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ᴋᴀʟᴏɴs? wrote:Kalons-- a species with soft manes and even softer hearts.
Monitored in forests across the globe for years, these animals
have recently been declared naturally tame as well as sapient.
Scientists are asking the general population to consider adopting
Kalons for further study in their capabilities of intelligence.

Their shining tails are used for identification and showing off,
which is helpful when spotting another Kalon from afar. This
association with other Kalons is why they are head-over-heels
for any shiny or colorful item that they come across!

my final adopt as GA for you all!! I've had an absolute blast making all these designs for the community, it's been a ton of fun and I hope you all enjoyed these kals <3

for this kalon, in 500 words or less, I want you to write about a time when they persevered even though times were rough/not in their favor! additionally, you have the option of an extra of either an art piece or 200 words that do not relate to the prompt! though extras are offered, please know that forms will be primarily judged on how the main prompt was answered!

ends on June 5th!

edits:
    [s] shine
    [c] hair, tail, fur, backmane
    [uc] ears, pupils (diamonds), fur (neck)

Code: Select all
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Time they persevered (500 words max):[/b]
    [b]Extra (optional, art piece or 200 words):[/b]
whim

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1576 - Golden Rays

Postby Grey_Hoodie » Thu May 16, 2019 2:57 pm

marking c:
Grey_Hoodie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skip » Thu May 16, 2019 2:58 pm

Mark! Beautiful kal
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
tracking this pet sent to pound on 4.19.2020
Want to join Furrypaws a game about breeding and training dogs? Click this link to use my referral, pick a dog and a name then continue with the sign up process!
http://www.furry-paws.com/main/index/1550930
skip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kolyakun » Thu May 16, 2019 2:58 pm

Mark 0;

┍━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━┑

Kolya ★ She/They ★ INFP

My Kalons

Artist for Kalons

sig art by sov25 on TH

┕━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━┙
kolyakun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moondust405 » Thu May 16, 2019 2:58 pm

Username: moondust405
Name: Aurleo
Time they persevered (500 words max):
Aurleo remembered a time when he couldn't use magic.

He was unable to channel the magic he could feel buzzing just underneath his fur, a familiar, warm feeling. It was in the dungeons, the dungeons of a now-dead enemy he'd rather not think of. Runes were carved into the walls that absorbed magic. Any spell would be met with sparks, if you were lucky, but more often than not, it was absorbed before the incantation even processed in your mind.

Aurleo didn't exactly want to remember his time in captivity, but it was better to face it. Better to face it than let it rot away at his mind, and get the help he needed. It was slow going, but healing takes time.

Every time his captor had come in, it shifted one of the runes, breaking the net of invisible strings of a spell. It took him some time to figure this out, rage blinding him beyond reason when they deemed to talk to him. Eventually, though, Aurleo realized the feeling tingling at his paws was magic, reaching out beyond the cage.

He broke out, at last. Slowly weakening the runes in strategic places that were hard to notice whenever the door was opened. Aurleo had made quick work of the dungeon once he got out. He had sun magic, a destructive force at heart, and it burst through in a furious blaze of light as he brought down his prison.

Of course, Aurleo actually had to make it back. He was practically in the middle of nowhere, and he had just used up a considerable amount of magical energy, albeit for a somewhat justified reason. And so he persevered, pulling himself back to civilization, back to where he could get a decent meal for once. Maybe a bottle of scotch to go with it. But then, he reasoned, he didn't exactly have the money to spend, did he? You missed things in captivity.

Things to worry about as he went, Aurleo reassured himself. He continued stumbling along, magic drain and pure exhaustion pulling at his limbs. But he was a child of the sun, and so he blazed onwards. [361/500]

Extra (optional, art piece or 200 words):

Last edited by moondust405 on Sat May 18, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moondust405

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sillies » Thu May 16, 2019 3:00 pm

Username:
    midna.
    Name:
    Kira
    Kira was distressed. In fact, more so. All the woodland creatures in her forest were under attack by some dark force, and she wasn't sure what to do. The evil magic was spreading like wildfire, a black shadow spreading on the ground from creature to creature. This was years ago. She still hasn't come up with a solution to save her forest. Soon there wouldn't be much left of it. Sadly enough, even she was affected by this dark magic. Her beautiful singing voice was twisted. Now when she sings, the darkness spreads faster, when before, the forest grew faster.

Kira often had to remind herself not to sing, as she hummed when she cooked, cleaned, and everything in between. She wasn't sure what to do with herself or how to save her forest.

One day while she was out walking in the forest, she was approached by a fairy. "Please, save our forest with your voice,"
    "Oh, little fairy I wish I could. But my voice too is cursed... when I sing, the darkness only spreads..." Kira said in reply, sighing and looking down at her feet.

"Not at the Altar of Light! Please, you must follow me to it, and sing the ancient lyrics to save the forest!" The fairy pleaded. Kira wasn't sure what to believe, fairies in these parts were known to be tricksters. "Please, I trick you not!" the fairy said, as if reading Kira's mind.

Kira sighed once more. "Fine, I will go." And with that, they made there journey. It was not a very long one, but it was a terrifying one. Seeing the forest shrouded in the dark magic was saddening and scary to Kira. The place she swore to protect was dying.

When they arrived at the altar, she felt like she knew what to do. She got onto the altar and before her, ancient words appeared. Taking in a deep breath, she sung them. Her voice boomed across the forest, and for a moment, it appeared as though the dark magic was being healed. She closed her eyes and continued to sing. The world around her shook.

When the lyrics were done, she opened her eyes. To her dismay, the world was not healed. Anger rose up in her. "You tricked me, fairy! Just like I knew you were! To think I could save my home." Kira said angrily. She got off the altar and stormed off.

"Please, I trick you not!!" the fairy pleaded with Kira. They pulled at Kira's sleeve. "Please! You must sing! I know not why the ancient song didn't work but please! You must save our home! Sing something, anything!"

"Fine!" Kira yelled. "But if it doesn't work I will never forgive you." And with that she sang. She sang a lullaby her mother sang to her as a child. Again the world shook. But she could feel in her heart that it was healed. The forest lived once more.

[495/500]

(by me)
Last edited by sillies on Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
sillies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby messenger » Thu May 16, 2019 3:06 pm

Username: messenger
Name: Halvar
Red. Everything that filled his vision was red. Ears ringing, throat hoarse and raw. He was absolutely livid. With one final glare back at the towering stone house, he stalked away into the cold of the night.

That was how Halvar had left his home a week prior. Now, sore with regret, he could barely walk a few steps before choking up with tears. The more he continued on his journey, the more he was starting to believe what his family had said. Groomed ever since he was born to sit among Orius's court, traveling on foot was not something he's known. Days before his departure his family got a letter with the royal seal containing specific instructions of a delivery. The package was to be delivered in the most southern parts of Orius, a month's journey on foot. And soon, the house quickly devolved into endless arguments of who would go. Halvar, being the eldest child, was the first to offer, however, his family strongly disagreed. Angered he was so quickly doubted, he lashed out in what would end in a particularly nasty fight. He could still hear his parents telling him he wouldn't even last the night out there. Despite proving them wrong, he felt no pride. He was so worn from just the week, he felt as though he failed already.

Halvar has always bared the weight of heavy expectations on his shoulders. He was the heir to his family's house, everything he did was being written down. He always strived to make his parents proud, it wasn't his fault he didn't have much knowledge of traveling. How could he? He was and still is, being groomed to sit among the Knight's roundtable within the castle as the high noble he is. Not here, with a heavy bag slung over his shoulder and with so much dirt in his fur he was looking more brown than gold.

And it only got worse, the further Halvar went, the more hope drained out of him. Was he really going to last the journey? His food and water continued to dwindle, his legs screamed at him to stop, and to top it all off, he was lost. Amongst the vast forest, all he could do at the moment was to lean against the sturdy spine of a tree. He wanted to give up, go home and face the shame of failure. Soon, head clouded with doubt and dread, Halvar drifted off into a light sleep. He dreamed of his parents, his siblings, they told him to continue, to finish, they wished him safe passage, and that the stars would map his way to the destination. And just like that, he was startled awake with resolve. He would finish this. The sky had long since turned into deep inky blue, and the stars shone brightly amongst the backdrop. It seemed as though they had aligned for him, and all the constellations pointed west, and so that was the direction he went.
500/500
Last edited by messenger on Wed May 29, 2019 12:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
messenger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilhouetteStation » Thu May 16, 2019 3:25 pm

Username: SilhouetteStation
Name: Aurelia

The sky was dull; heavy and gray, mirroring the hollow feeling I felt in the pit of my stomach. The sun was obscured from view by the solid wall of clouds that hung over the valley. My bare feet felt the hard, cracked earth beneath me as I walked slowly upstream. The water here was tainted now. Sick with people's pollution. Sludgy in places, green in others. Small, scratchy clumps of grass lined the banks.

I wanted to make them better.

I wanted to make everything here better.

But this was what could happen as a sprite. This was supposed to be my valley to protect, to keep healthy, to let flourish. I remembered when the grass grew thick and green, the water ran cool and clear. Birds chirped in the trees. I gave this place my power, and in return it gave me strength.

But the conflict happened, and my valley was turned into a battleground. Then the floods came, ripping through my forest, wiping out my home. Litter and pollution swept through, and in a few short moments, I felt my strength taken away. My life force weakened, just like that.

I stumbled, and fell forward. I only just had time to push out my arms before they hit the ground, and for a few seconds all I did was stay there. Eyes closing, I took in a few deep breaths, before pushing myself back up.

No. Don't give up now.

Nature can come back. The rains can come again, wash away all of these bad things. Grass can grow again. Things go back to normal.

I told myself this, but it was hard to believe sometimes. How can things come back when everything has gone so wrong? When I feel so horrible? When I hardly have the strength to keep walking?

I could just stop now. I could sit down and stay here. I could choose not to keep going.

Maybe it would be easier.

A sudden noise made my head perk off. In the distance, out of sight beyond the bend. Voices? People?

A feeling of anger flickered inside me. No. No more of your hurt. I won't let you do this anymore.

I forced myself forward, moving faster now, stumbling as I did so but walking all the same. The voices became louder, calling to each other, moving things. I made it to the bend, clinging to a brittle, twisted tree for support, ready to charge forward to defend my territory.

I stopped.

There was a group of them, children and young adults, sacks in hand, and they were...cleaning.

They were cleaning the stream.

Moving forest debris and wood planks, picking up items washed down from the village. Removing algae from the water. Making it look…normal again. Fixing things.

Trying to make it better.

A tiny smile formed on my face, the first in a long time.

Maybe nature just needed a little help.

Maybe I just needed a little help.

(496/500)

Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Placebo » Thu May 16, 2019 3:35 pm

W eeps mark
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 76heart » Thu May 16, 2019 3:36 pm

ahhh i'm so sorry i didn't have time to enter for this darling!
i've been busy with off site things and a new gecko child and didn't have time to come up with a concept that was fleshed out enough

i wish everyone loads of luck with this darling, and thank you whim for making this gorgeous child! whoever this babe goes to i know will give them a wonderful home, all the entries are wonderful and there's so much stunning art <3333

hello i am in love with this gorgeous child

Username: 76heart
Name: elidi selûne

definitely lyre's older sister
Last edited by 76heart on Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
76heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me