Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Fear That Still Rattles My Bones by GAIRENTH

Artist GAIRENTH [gallery]
Time spent 59 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Fear That Still Rattles My Bones

Postby GAIRENTH » Fri May 03, 2019 2:15 pm

Just a warm up sketch really.

Just a small moment between father and daughter.
The words are an echo from what Sumara had told his daughter, Sevi, before when she asked him why she ended up having more responsibilities than her brothers. He wanted her to be stronger than they were and able to put up with anything, because in her he saw himself the most, and he feared she would follow a similar path he had.
It reads (for those who can't understand my terrible writing..):
"You know I'm only hard on you because I love you, and there are worse things than me out there. I just want you to be ready, Sevi..."
"Because I know me, and even as strong as you are now, when I look at you, I'm stricken with fear..."
"Fear that still rattles my bones..."

---

I have been sick for months and haven't be well enough to actually sit down and draw. I was managing like a leg or fur tuff a day. It was terrible. But now that I'm better, I'm hoping to get back into the groove of things. I spent a long time thinking of my own characters and interactions and plans for a comic, so from just this panel bundle, I hope it seems interesting.
GAIRENTH

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me