Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

shadesong by Pepurrmint

Based on Click to view
Artist Pepurrmint [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

shadesong

Postby Pepurrmint » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:34 pm

shadesong is the well-respected medicine cat of seaclan. he was abandoned by his birth clan after his spots started to appear. believing it was a sign of ill fortune, they soon turned him away. after wandering alone for several moons, shadepaw discovered the mostly isolated seaclan during a cold, windy morning. their leader, silverstar, thought his vitiligo-speckled coat was a sign from starclan and immediately took him in. however, many cats didn't share silverstar's views and saw shadepaw as a cursed creature that shouldn't have been born. despite seaclan's mixed opinions, shadepaw trained as a medicine cat with his mentor, speckleshine. on the night he received his full name, a star-shaped patch appeared on his shoulder, showing starclan's approval of him and leading shadesong to finally become a fully accepted member of seaclan.

to most cats, shadesong seems.. strange. he is aloof and never seems to realize that other cats have feelings. his blatant insensitivity scares away most cats from being his friend.
another peculiar aspect of shadesong is his sleep patterns. well, more like his lack of any sort of sleep pattern. sometimes he can be found wandering along the flat coastal plains around camp in the middle of the night, and other times napping in the middle of the day. many cats seeking his advice have gone into his den only to find a snoozing shadesong murmuring in his nest.
the thing that most bothers his clanmates is his fascination with prey not as food, but as something to study. in fact, several cats are freaked out by his small collection of various skeletons. speckleshine even once found him bringing a live bird into the medicine den, only to try and treat its wounds using herbs.

despite his unique personality, shadesong is admired within his clan as a brilliant medicine cat. his clanmates know that they can come to shadesong for both injuries and advice. he will serve as seaclan's stellar medicine cat for many moons to come.

whew that was a lot of writing
extra notes::
white chest marking and paw are not from vitiligo
has never said anything about his birth clan, leaving some to theorize that he is actually a former kittypet
seaclan lives on some coastal plains near the ocean, they are adapted to both chasing prey and catching fish

uwu
Imageuwu
uwu
uwu
owo?
uwu
uwu

consciousness is an illusion
it's worm time babey !

toyhouse instagram
Pepurrmint

My pets