Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Good Friends by Lostfairy

Artist Lostfairy [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Good Friends

Postby Lostfairy » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:38 pm

Suho from EXO and Minho from SHINee are SUCH STINKIN' CUTE FRIENDS. ^-^ Honestly. Me and my sister are slowly watching Exciting India and Suho and Minho are SOOO SWEET IN THERE. I'm definitely watching it for them. XD They are just... really kind to each other, they look out for each other. (Haha, even if that means Minho has to say "What's that?" and squint as he bats something off Suho's face. TRUE STORY. XD)

Anyway, I drew them in my more simplistic style. It makes me feel like I got... unimproved. XD Does that make sense? I dunno, I just feel like I didn't get better and got worse instead. But whateverrrr, I had fun! And it's more of a doodle, anyhow! Course, it took me AGESSSS cuz my doodles are never done quickly.

Please ignore my sore excuse of a background. As you can see, I attempted trees but they look like brown blurry blobs with green blurry blobs on top! At least it looks... like... nature is behind them?! XD

The timer is off by a bit, I used a mouse, and please do not steal or repost this! And this was my reference picture: here. AND HAVE A GOOFY SUHO AND MINHO GIF FROM THE SHOW: here. c: Poor Minho is tryin' to talk and Suho's just being a goofball behind him. XD

All comments and likes are appreciated. <3 I hope you have a wonderful Easter tomorrow! (Also, sorry for posting twice today!!)
Lostfairy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Good Friends

Postby OHHAILTHECHOOKOFLIFE » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:42 pm

they look very comfortable around each other. This type of relationship reminds me of my brother and I.
It doesn't matter about simplistic styles or not, when I don't like posting sketches because that too, makes me feel unimproved because they are always so.. sketchy. so don't worry you're not alone.

backgrounds are the worst, I end up adding a whole bunch of foreground stuff to make it look filled then just splotch the actual background with the watercolour tool
Image Image Image
yap
Image Image
OHHAILTHECHOOKOFLIFE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swirlshine » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:27 pm

AW, LOOK AT THEMMMMMMM AHHH! THEY LOOK LIKE SUCH SWEET FRIENDS AND YOU PORTRAYED THAT SO WELLLLL ;-;
Seriously Lost, THIS IS SO ADORABLE AHH! I know I’ve mentioned it before, but I adore their expressions and poses, and I actually really love that background you did too! The blur actually makes it look super cool :O
YOU DID AN AMAZING JOB ON THIS WHOLE THINGGGGG <33

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Helenium » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:51 pm

What are you talking about? Your background looks fine! (Way better than I could do!)

I really like the style- a simplistic style isn't necessarily bad.

The pose you drew them in really shows how close they are and what a good relationship they have!

And there's nothing wrong with posting twice a day- your art's really good, and we will all enjoy it.

As usual, overall, you did great!
Image DA Art Shop Image
Helenium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rocky Road Raccoon » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:01 am

(Sorry it took so long to reply- when I saw this I had to go to bed so I didn't have time to comment!!)
Okay first, the backround is beautiful! (Seriously better than what I usually do xD)
Second, I love this and find it so cute and heartwarming! I love their expressions and just how they look here! Soooo cute!! Seriously amazing job!
Rocky Road Raccoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lostfairy » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:16 am

OHHAILTHECHOOKOFLIFE wrote:they look very comfortable around each other. This type of relationship reminds me of my brother and I.
It doesn't matter about simplistic styles or not, when I don't like posting sketches because that too, makes me feel unimproved because they are always so.. sketchy. so don't worry you're not alone.

backgrounds are the worst, I end up adding a whole bunch of foreground stuff to make it look filled then just splotch the actual background with the watercolour tool

Awww, really? I'm glad you and your brother are close, I love hearing about siblings that are close to each other. ^-^
Oh whew, I'm not aloneeee! Your sketches never look like you unimproved, though. <3 Your art is always amazing and never ceases to put me at awe, even if you think it's simple!

Haha, yesssss, backgrounds are tricky! I end up being abstracty and colorful because, why not? XD I love the way you do backgrounds, by the way!

THANKS FOR THE COMMENT. <33

Swirlshine wrote:AW, LOOK AT THEMMMMMMM AHHH! THEY LOOK LIKE SUCH SWEET FRIENDS AND YOU PORTRAYED THAT SO WELLLLL ;-;
Seriously Lost, THIS IS SO ADORABLE AHH! I know I’ve mentioned it before, but I adore their expressions and poses, and I actually really love that background you did too! The blur actually makes it look super cool :O
YOU DID AN AMAZING JOB ON THIS WHOLE THINGGGGG <33

HEHEHE, THEY ARE SUCHHHHH CUTE FRIENDS, SERIOUSLY. AND REALLY? ;-; I'M SO HAPPY, AHH!
Oh whew, I don't usually do poses like that and of course, I simplified the poses and stuff but thank youuuuu! AND OH GOOD. I can't tell if me making it blurry was a good thing or not. XDD
GAH, THANK YOUUUUUUU AGAINNN!!

Helenium wrote:What are you talking about? Your background looks fine! (Way better than I could do!)

I really like the style- a simplistic style isn't necessarily bad.

The pose you drew them in really shows how close they are and what a good relationship they have!

And there's nothing wrong with posting twice a day- your art's really good, and we will all enjoy it.

As usual, overall, you did great!

OH, HELENIUM. THANK YOUUUU. ;-; You are a sweetheart, seriously.

This whole comment, my word, it made my heart smile. <33 And oh gosh, I'm glad the poses make them look like good friends!! Cuz they truly are. <3

OH MY GOSH. THANK YOUUUU. <3 That is a huge compliment - you saying you enjoy my art... thank you. ;__;

Cosmic Candy Fox wrote:(Sorry it took so long to reply- when I saw this I had to go to bed so I didn't have time to comment!!)
Okay first, the backround is beautiful! (Seriously better than what I usually do xD)
Second, I love this and find it so cute and heartwarming! I love their expressions and just how they look here! Soooo cute!! Seriously amazing job!

(Don't worry about it, you aren't late at all or anything!! And besides, you don't have to comment on all my art. But I am incredibly blessed that you do. <333 And sleep is importanttttt and should be priority!)
Aw, really? <33 Thank youuu! (EXCUSE ME THOUGH, YOUR BACKGROUNDS ROCK AND THAT'S THAT. ^-^)
Oh really? :O I'm SO glad you thought thattttt!
THANK YOUUUUUU AGAIN.
Lostfairy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jellyginger188 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:46 pm

I really like this photo and I dunno why. Actually its probably cause your awesome drawing people :D
Great work. I really like the background:)
[code][/code]
Hi Guys! Welcome to my chicken smoothie page:) Feel free to check out my pets and be sure to trade me!! Thanks, Jelly.

Jellyginger188

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lostfairy » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:53 am

Jellyginger188 wrote:I really like this photo and I dunno why. Actually its probably cause your awesome drawing people :D
Great work. I really like the background:)

Awww, thank you so so much!!! That means a lot, thank you!! <3 And haha, I'm just glad the background is okay! <3
Lostfairy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me