Based on Click to view
Artist Hawky<3 [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 35 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Rise | #1655

Postby Hawky<3 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:51 pm

Welcome to Rise!
Rise is an adoptable based on Warrior Cats and focused around world building and character development.
Please make sure that you read the main thread so that you understand limits and levels!

this cat may not be traded until: june 9th, 2019
there is a 2 month cooldown after each ownership change.
for a transfer to be official, both parties must post on this cat's page. the original owner must post in the archive.

to enter this competition, you must own a founder and at least be at level 1!

this cat is only available to those with 5 or less cats! to win them, write a scene about a situation where they had to choose between two things they loved. max of 1000 words and one art piece! no extras.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Cat Name:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b]

[b]Prompt:[/b] (1000 words + 1 art piece max)

end date: 4/27/19 at 12 am EST

Username:
    Cat Name:
    Clan:

Description: a long-haired mackerel torbie with white spotting and copper eyes.

Other Features: none
    Siblings: none living

------------------------------------------ SSS: Foundation
    ----------------- SS: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ SSD: Foundation
    Father: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ SDS: Foundation
    ----------------- SD: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ SDD: Foundation

------------------------------------------ DSS: Foundation
    ----------------- DS: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ DSD: Foundation
    Dam: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ DDS: Foundation
    ----------------- DD: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ DDD: Foundation
Hawky<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rise | #1655

Postby legolas the elf » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:57 pm

Username: Legolas The Elf
Cat Name: Heronstep

Clan: Gull

Prompt: (1000 words + 1 art piece max)
Heronstep trotted through the forest, her tail swinging lazily from side to side. It was her first solo hunting mission as a warrior, and she was sure she would not mess it up. She paused at a split in the road, both side well-trodden. Should she hunt mice, or fish. Heronstep turned right, trotting towards the river. Fish it was, then.

She stopped short at the river, studying the water for fish. When she saw them, she stalked forwards carefully, making sure her shadow didn't fall above them, and sat, her eyes keen for a flash of silver. Her paw darted in then out of the river, bringing a minnow with it. Hardly enough to feed a cat, but she would catch more.

Breaking it's spine and therefore killing the fish, Heronstep went back to waiting and watching. Again her paw darted in and out, this time bringing a young trout. Snapping her jaws around it's neck, it went limp and lifeless.

Heronstep turned back to the river again when a foul stench reached her nose. Holding her breath, she was sure that it was the trout she had just killed - she had never liked the smell of them. But as her paw darted in again - and missed - a crackling noise reached her ears.

Heronstep whipped around, looking for whatever was rustling the underbrush, but it wasn't moving. And the crackling was still there. Heronstep slowly looked up. Dark gray clouds were swirling above the forest, small for now, but Heronstep knew they would get bigger. And as flashes of orange and yellow peeked through the clouds, there was only one thought in Heronstep's mind - fire!

She let out a yowl of horror and abandoned her catch, running back towards camp, towards the fire. She skidded to a stop inside of it, almost crashing into the WolfClan deputy, Thornpad. The tom turned his head towards Heronstep, eyes wide.

"Heronstep, find your parents! As soon as this fire started, they grabbed your brother and ran to find you!" Heronstep's heart missed a bit, and she whirled to go into the forest as she heard Thornpad mutter, "I need to get all the cats out of camp! Where are the forsaken warriors!? Someone's going to die if I don't get help soon!"

Heronstep paused with indecision. She loved her family with all of her heart, but they were strong, they could survive. But the Clan would fall to ruins if Thornpad was one of the only cats able to help.

Heronstep bounded over to him. "I'll help!" She mewed, coughing on smoke that was now rolling into camp. Thornpad whirled towards her, eyes wide. "No! Go find your family! It's safer that way!"

Heronstep's indecision cam back, but she shook her head. "They may need help, but the clan needs it more. I'm going to go get the apprentices, whether you like it or not." She said, nerves rattling her insides.

She bounded into the apprentice's den, where two molly apprentices were trying to wake a snoring tom - Harrierpaw. Slashing the curly furred tom's side, claws unsheathed, and feeling bad, Heronstep woke the apprentice.

"Up! Get up!" She yowled. "Fire!"

The four cats ran out of the apprentice's den, and Heronstep changed course for the elder's den, sticking her nose inside to make sure the old cats had all escaped. "Heronstep, get out of there!" She heard Thornstep yowl from outside.

Heronstap backed out of the den quick as a fish, as the smoke rolled over it and the top started dancing with orange flames. As the fire spread to the nursery, the molly heard a small squeak from inside and gasped, but Harrierpaw lunged into the burning entrance. "Harrierpaw!" Some cat yowled, but it was no use.

As the camp caught up in flames, Heronstep ran to the leaders den, wondering why Dropletstar wasn't coming out to help. As she ducked into the cool rock den, she found the grey tabby leader lying cold on the floor, his fur singed as the fire outside continued to penetrate tiny holes in the rock.

Heronstep waited few moments, desperately hoping that Dropletstar hadn't lost all of his remaining lives to the fire, but it was no use and the molly backed out of the den just as the fire consumed it. "No one's left!" She called to Thornpad. "And Dropletstar is dead!"

"Out of camp then!" The deputy yowled. "WolfClan, get out of the camp!"

Heronstep ran after Thornpad, noting Harrierpaw holding a kit at her side. As soon as they were out of camp, Heronstep heard Thornpad yowling, "WolfClan, to me!"

She skidded to a halt beside him, Harrierpaw and his kit right behind her. Morningheart and her two other kits stopped as well, the queen gathering Harrierpaw's kit into her jaws. No one else came until Bluetalon skidded into the clearing, his eyes wide. "Petalpaw - Flowerpaw - dead." He gasped. "Tried to grab Dropletstar's body with Howlheart. He's dead to."

Thornpad bowed his head. "WolfClan is destroyed." He mewed. "We must - " But whatever we must was, it was cut off as a flaming branch landed on Thornpad's. Bluetalon and Harrierpaw lunged forward to help, and Thornpad's eyes met Heronstep's. "WolfClan is no more! Find family!"

Heronstep didn't need to be told twice. She ran away as fast as her legs would carry her, skidding to a stop only once she could not smell smoke anymore. Smelling the scent of her family, she followed their scent trail until her muzzle bumped against the body of a small kit. And not any small kit - her brother.

Heronstep slowly dared to look up, seeing the bodies of her mother and father as well. Her father was burnt pretty badly. but she knew they all must have died from smoke inhalation. Grief flooding through Heronstep, she realized she had made the wrong choice. Had she stayed with her family they would have lived. But WolfClan was destroyed as well, and Heronstep had nowhere to go.

(1000 words Im so sorry)
(Also Thornpad, Harrierpaw, Morningheart, Bluetalon, Petalpaw, Flowerpaw, Dropletstar, and Howlheart as well as WolfClan are all NPCs, there only for the purpose of Heronstep's story.
Last edited by legolas the elf on Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
legolas the elf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby archipeIago » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:12 pm

Username: Nightshade-
Cat Name:

shaky mark
hi I'm coral!
[the L in my username is an uppercase i!]
☆ coral#4339
☆ toyhouse: archipeiago
archipeIago

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby doge fruit » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:47 am

mork
doge fruit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birchii » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:47 am

Username: Birchii
Cat Name: Hickoryleaf

Clan: GealachClan

Prompt:

“Hickorypaw!”

The thick-furred molly whipped her head around at the call of her name, a warm smile washing over her face at the familiar face. She rushed over to her companion, skidding to a halt with a little laugh.

“Luson! It’s been so long; I was still an annoying apprentice when I saw you last!” Hickoryleaf’s copper eyes glistened as she spoke to Luson, the brown tabby tom who was only a few moons older than her. He was a permanent member of Asa’s Troup; a travelling rogue group who frequently visited GealachClan, and had done for many moons.

Luson gave a small chuckle. “Yeah, you were nine moons.” He glanced up to the open sky, recalling his last visit to GealachClan. His green eyes widened as he looked back down to Hickoryleaf. “That was ten moons ago! You’re a warrior now, right?”

“It’s Hickoryleaf now.”

“Congrats, that’s great news!” Luson’s green eyes shone with pride. Hickoryleaf ducked her head down, momentarily embarrassed with his praise, her ears prickling with warmth. “We’ve had some… interesting experiences since we came last, but Asa wanted to be here for the Green-Leaf storytelling.”

“Come on then, let’s head back to camp. I want to catch up with everyone.” Hickoryleaf purred with amusement, hopping back up to her feet. With an earnest laugh, they started running, and so the pair raced back to the rocky circle that formed GealachClan’s home.

Despite the sun setting and the temperatures cooling down, the camp was alive with chatter. All around, old friends reunited and spoke of the events that had passed since their last conversations. The younger and newer members of both the Troup and the clan started to learn about each other, forming new companionships. Hickoryleaf glanced around to find her littermate, Pricklepelt, sitting with a small group of similarly-aged Troup cats, laughing loudly. She couldn’t help but smile as she and Luson approached the group, nodding in greeting to the Troup cats, falling straight into conversation with them.

The sky faded into the refreshingly cool darkness of night. Hickoryleaf had laid beside Luson, listening with amusement and disbelief at some of the tales he wove. She glowed with happiness, her muzzle aching from the smile that hadn’t vanished since she’d sat down with the group.

--

A moon had passed, though it had felt like forever to Hickoryleaf. She and her friends had swiftly fallen into a routine; they slept out in the open each night, went for a morning run and hunt, and spent the afternoon in whatever way they saw fit. Hickoryleaf could feel her heart bursting with joy, and she rarely stopped laughing or smiling. Much to her surprise, she even became a mentor; one of the younger toms of the Troup decided he wanted to stay with the clan, resulting in Hickoryleaf becoming Loonpaw’s mentor. The ginger tom joined them each day after that, and a strong mentorship between the two developed rapidly.

She had pushed the thought of the Troup leaving to the back of her mind, but the day was soon upon them. Luson woke Hickoryleaf early, leading her out of the camp for a morning walk alone. The molly could feel there was unspoken words between them, but couldn’t bring herself to speak, couldn’t admit to herself how she felt.

“Hickoryleaf.”

Taking a deep breath, she turned her head to face Luson, wincing when she laid eyes upon him. She sat down gently, pulling her fluffy tail across her paws, creating a small barrier between them, hoping to deflect some of the unavoidable pain. She couldn’t face him, and stared at the grass in front of her.

“This past moon has been… incredible… You make me… I can’t even describe how much better I feel when I’m with you.” Luson paused as he sighed, half-heartedly clawing at a leaf.

She ducked her head lower, her ears hot and her face furrowing. “I… What am I supposed to do, Luson?” She couldn’t say anything more; her mouth wouldn’t let her.

“Come with me.”

Hickoryleaf’s gaze flickered up, agony clear in her face. “I… I’m a warrior, Luson. I can’t just abandon my clan.”

“They’ll survive without you,” Luson rapidly answered; the desperation and strain in his voice becoming more apparent. “Please. I love you, Hickoryleaf.”

She wasn’t sure how much time passed. So many words were crashing through her brain, most of them indecipherable. She could have almost thought she were dreaming if it weren’t for her heart pounding so vivaciously in her chest. Should she go? She wouldn’t be lonely, and she’d get to experience some of the amazing wonders he had… It was tempting, so much so that she nearly agreed. She would have, had the images of her clanmates not flickered across her mind. Her family, her friends, Loonpaw…

“I can’t.” The words were so final, so clear and defined. They felt like a claw slicing, a tooth piercing, a bee stinging…

“W-Well, then I’ll become a warrior.” Luson padded forwards, stopping a rabbit-hop away from Hickoryleaf.

She laughed – it was a quiet, half-hearted sound. “You’re an explorer, Luson. It’s in your blood to travel, and that’s obvious to anyone,” Hickoryleaf explained quietly, leaning her head forth to rest it against his. “I’m sorry, Luson. It just… can’t be.”

Luson stepped back, inhaling slowly before letting his breath out in a large huff. “I’ll miss you.”

“I’ll miss you too.”

The journey back was slow and silent. The camp was quieter, too; a similar atmosphere lingered in the clearing as friends said goodbye to one another, and promises to visit soon were made. She stood beside her brother, grateful for the support and strength he unintentionally gave her. Luson smiled gently, giving a final lick to Hickoryleaf’s forehead.

“Good luck with training Loonpaw.”

“Good luck to you too, with that trek through the swamps you spoke about.” She returned his smile.

“We’ll still be friends next time we visit. Goodbye, Hickoryleaf.”

“Goodbye, Luson.”

[Word Count; 997]
Birchii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wet Bread » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:43 am

Username: Wet Bread
Cat Name: Maizestone (formerly Maizy)

Clan: Brightclan

Prompt:
"Won't you come with me?" Dusty pleaded. Maizy shook her head, definite.

"I'm happy here. I like our twolegs. I don't understand why you don't." Maizy shot back, upset. She gave herself a lick and calmed her fur. "Listen, I know you feel you have to adventure out into the wilderness, but it's not too late to change your mind." Dusty hung his head, clearly stung by her words.

"I wish I could stay with you, Maizy. The forest calls me. I have to make this journey for the cats in my dreams." He replied. When Maizy wouldn't look at him, he rubbed his cheek against hers. "You'll always be my sister. We will meet again one day, I truly believe that." He comforted. Maizy reluctantly gave him a lick between the ears and smiled.

"Good luck out there, Brother." She told him. Maizy watched as Dusty jumped the fence and disappeared between the trees for good.

~~~

Some moons past since Maizy's brother had left and Maizy missed him terribly. She was now all alone in her twoleg den, save for the twolegs, which were gone frequently. Maizy no longer had any energy for her daily activities. All she did was lie around by the window all day long, watching for her brother to come back. She kept telling herself that she made her choice, this was right. She was supposed to be with her twolegs.

There came a day where Maizy's twolegs started packing all their stuff into weird shaped dens. Maizy had heard about this from other kittypets. This meant that her twolegs were moving to another den, possibly somewhere far away. Maizy became very nervous about the move. How far would they take her? How would Dusty find her if he changed his mind, how would she find Dusty.

Finally making up her mind that her brother was more important than her twolegs, Maizy ran.

~~~

Maizy traveled for moons and moons searching for any sign of her brother, asking every cat she ran into. She felt that she was making no progress and would never find him until she had a vivid dream about a lakeshore. She changed her methods, searching instead for a lake.

About a moon later, she found the lake and her brother as well, making a camp next to the lake with other cats there. Maizy reunited with him cheerfully, glad to be back with him even if she had to live the life of a wild cat.
[center]
She/they | feel free to call me Wet or Save | Just quietly existing
eternal favorite person
Wet Bread

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby katsue » Fri May 31, 2019 2:35 pm

Please judge this competition soon, thank you!
katsue
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hawky<3 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:39 am

Legolas The Elf wrote:Username: Legolas The Elf
Cat Name: Heronstep

Clan: Gull

Heronstep trotted through the forest, her tail swinging lazily from side to side. It was her first solo hunting mission as a warrior, and she was sure she would not mess it up. She paused at a split in the road, both side well-trodden. Should she hunt mice, or fish. Heronstep turned right, trotting towards the river. Fish it was, then.

She stopped short at the river, studying the water for fish. When she saw them, she stalked forwards carefully, making sure her shadow didn't fall above them, and sat, her eyes keen for a flash of silver. Her paw darted in then out of the river, bringing a minnow with it. Hardly enough to feed a cat, but she would catch more.

Breaking it's spine and therefore killing the fish, Heronstep went back to waiting and watching. Again her paw darted in and out, this time bringing a young trout. Snapping her jaws around it's neck, it went limp and lifeless.

Heronstep turned back to the river again when a foul stench reached her nose. Holding her breath, she was sure that it was the trout she had just killed - she had never liked the smell of them. But as her paw darted in again - and missed - a crackling noise reached her ears.

Heronstep whipped around, looking for whatever was rustling the underbrush, but it wasn't moving. And the crackling was still there. Heronstep slowly looked up. Dark gray clouds were swirling above the forest, small for now, but Heronstep knew they would get bigger. And as flashes of orange and yellow peeked through the clouds, there was only one thought in Heronstep's mind - fire!

She let out a yowl of horror and abandoned her catch, running back towards camp, towards the fire. She skidded to a stop inside of it, almost crashing into the WolfClan deputy, Thornpad. The tom turned his head towards Heronstep, eyes wide.

"Heronstep, find your parents! As soon as this fire started, they grabbed your brother and ran to find you!" Heronstep's heart missed a bit, and she whirled to go into the forest as she heard Thornpad mutter, "I need to get all the cats out of camp! Where are the forsaken warriors!? Someone's going to die if I don't get help soon!"

Heronstep paused with indecision. She loved her family with all of her heart, but they were strong, they could survive. But the Clan would fall to ruins if Thornpad was one of the only cats able to help.

Heronstep bounded over to him. "I'll help!" She mewed, coughing on smoke that was now rolling into camp. Thornpad whirled towards her, eyes wide. "No! Go find your family! It's safer that way!"

Heronstep's indecision cam back, but she shook her head. "They may need help, but the clan needs it more. I'm going to go get the apprentices, whether you like it or not." She said, nerves rattling her insides.

She bounded into the apprentice's den, where two molly apprentices were trying to wake a snoring tom - Harrierpaw. Slashing the curly furred tom's side, claws unsheathed, and feeling bad, Heronstep woke the apprentice.

"Up! Get up!" She yowled. "Fire!"

The four cats ran out of the apprentice's den, and Heronstep changed course for the elder's den, sticking her nose inside to make sure the old cats had all escaped. "Heronstep, get out of there!" She heard Thornstep yowl from outside.

Heronstap backed out of the den quick as a fish, as the smoke rolled over it and the top started dancing with orange flames. As the fire spread to the nursery, the molly heard a small squeak from inside and gasped, but Harrierpaw lunged into the burning entrance. "Harrierpaw!" Some cat yowled, but it was no use.

As the camp caught up in flames, Heronstep ran to the leaders den, wondering why Dropletstar wasn't coming out to help. As she ducked into the cool rock den, she found the grey tabby leader lying cold on the floor, his fur singed as the fire outside continued to penetrate tiny holes in the rock.

Heronstep waited few moments, desperately hoping that Dropletstar hadn't lost all of his remaining lives to the fire, but it was no use and the molly backed out of the den just as the fire consumed it. "No one's left!" She called to Thornpad. "And Dropletstar is dead!"

"Out of camp then!" The deputy yowled. "WolfClan, get out of the camp!"

Heronstep ran after Thornpad, noting Harrierpaw holding a kit at her side. As soon as they were out of camp, Heronstep heard Thornpad yowling, "WolfClan, to me!"

She skidded to a halt beside him, Harrierpaw and his kit right behind her. Morningheart and her two other kits stopped as well, the queen gathering Harrierpaw's kit into her jaws. No one else came until Bluetalon skidded into the clearing, his eyes wide. "Petalpaw - Flowerpaw - dead." He gasped. "Tried to grab Dropletstar's body with Howlheart. He's dead to."

Thornpad bowed his head. "WolfClan is destroyed." He mewed. "We must - " But whatever we must was, it was cut off as a flaming branch landed on Thornpad's. Bluetalon and Harrierpaw lunged forward to help, and Thornpad's eyes met Heronstep's. "WolfClan is no more! Find family!"

Heronstep didn't need to be told twice. She ran away as fast as her legs would carry her, skidding to a stop only once she could not smell smoke anymore. Smelling the scent of her family, she followed their scent trail until her muzzle bumped against the body of a small kit. And not any small kit - her brother.

Heronstep slowly dared to look up, seeing the bodies of her mother and father as well. Her father was burnt pretty badly. but she knew they all must have died from smoke inhalation. Grief flooding through Heronstep, she realized she had made the wrong choice. Had she stayed with her family they would have lived. But WolfClan was destroyed as well, and Heronstep had nowhere to go.

(1000 words Im so sorry)
(Also Thornpad, Harrierpaw, Morningheart, Bluetalon, Petalpaw, Flowerpaw, Dropletstar, and Howlheart as well as WolfClan are all NPCs, there only for the purpose of Heronstep's story.

congrats!! you did a really great job developing this character <3

hi! call me hawk or hawky :)
they/she
i draw and rp sometimes
pm me, i love to chat!

cleudsxxmy TH
art shop
Hawky<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery