Forum rules
Old art from the Official weekly challenge board will be moved here automatically when the weekly challenge timer runs out.

If you didn't finish your drawing in time for the current challenge, feel free to post it in the weekly challenge board anyway, as it will eventually make its way here with the other retired challenge art :)

Northern and Southern Hemisphere by gardog

Artist gardog [gallery]
Time spent 9 hours, 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 9
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Northern and Southern Hemisphere

Postby gardog » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:56 am

This is a split painting of the northern hemisphere in the middle of spring (top) and the southern hemisphere in the middle of autumn (bottom) and no, the timer is not off (well, maybe by, like... 30 minutes or so) it seriously took that long.

I'm posting it with spring on the top because... well, for one thing, it's the 'northern' hemisphere, but it's also where I live. However, I will also be posting the flip side in Beginner's Oekaki; I will add the link to it at the bottom of this description when I do. EDIT: I realized very quickly that I can't do this, so I'll try to get the flipped version through an image hosting site and put the link to it where it says 'Linky' instead XD

In case you're super blind (like me XD): The northern hemisphere's animals are two butterflies (probably monarchs) and a bee; and then the southern hemisphere's animals are three black birds (take your pick of which kinds), ladybugs, and an owl. There is also a daffodil (and a bunch of other tiny flowers) in the northern hemisphere and some mushrooms and a couple of small types of flowers in the southern hemisphere. Also, the type of tree in both is a White Ash tree (which I skipped out on shading out of laziness XD).

I decided to make it sunset in the southern hemisphere and daytime in the northern hemisphere because I thought that made the most sense.

Anyway, I hope you like it and thank you for checking it out! If you have any questions, feel free to ask! :)

This was drawn with a Wacom Tablet.

Have a nice day~! <3

Linky (when I get it XD): Deviantart Hosting Solution XD (Yes, I also go by Gothra; you may call me gardog or Gothra, either-or :))

She/They | Adult | Christian
Aries | March 27

Bisexual | INTJ | Ravenclaw
Sings And Plays Guitar

Digital Artist
Oekaki Art Shop | Offsite Art Shop

Loves Pandas | Legally Blind
Has Social Anxiety | Has Anxiety In General

Timezone EST/EDT

gardog

My pets
My items