Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

▹ rooklings ; equine adopts ◃ by dilly

Artist dilly [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 8 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by dilly

by dilly

by dilly

▹ rooklings ; equine adopts ◃

Postby dilly » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:53 pm

Hi there!

Here you will find Rooklings -- hardy little mountain equines. As of right now, they are mainly displaying 'normal' equine colorations. However, as we learn more about them, there are sure to be more genetic revelations and combinations!

about

Long-backed, stocky and robust, Rooklings are built for traveling across all sorts of dangerous, rocky terrain. Their hooves are solid and hard, and their manes and tails are long, thick and often a tangled mess. Rooklings can be very obstinate, having always been stuck in their ways, but this is what has allowed their survival. Their thick coats easily withstand rain, wind and snow, and they have relatively long ears and sharp eyes. Their legs are not long and their coats are not sleek, but they boast an impressive reserve of stamina and determination.

herd dynamics

Right now, only stallions are available for adoption. Later on, lone mares will be available to add to a bachelor stud's band. Rooklings are fiercely possessive and protective, and will never shy away from a battle over mares. Mares tend to keep to themselves outside of breeding season, so they are a bit more elusive than stallions. Every Rookling is more indepently-minded than the average domesticated horse, so they do not have any trouble traveling alone, if need be. Once they do form a bond, however -- be it stallion to stallion, mare to mare, or stallion to mare -- it is lifelong.

This species is constantly evolving, so stay tuned for more info & updates! c:
dilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me