Based on Click to view
Artist Hail. [gallery]
Time spent 11 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Minkkit - Kit of Cinderclan

Postby Hail. » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:38 am

Meet Minkkit

Minkkit was always an odd kit. He would often be caught gazing off at nothing, and would remark on strange things that he had not yet been told. One such instance was when his parents told him and his sister of their third sibling, one who never took a breath. His sister was almost indifferent, but his response was almost stranger as he calmly stated that he already knew. This was brushed off, wearily, as him simply not understanding the situation, but when word of his response spread to Lightpool, the medicine cat, her attention was brought to the kit.

When Minkkit became Minkpaw, he was given Tornhawk as a mentor. The two worked actively, but it was more than clear to the older tom that Minkpaw cared little for the warrior life, hunting, and fighting. He would often sit in silence, gazing off at some distant object, ignoring Tornhawk's advise. Feeling defeated, Tornhawk told Cedarstar of the apprentices off and uninterested behavior. Conflicted on what to do, Cedarstar spoke with Tornhawk about the apprentices behavior, and Lightpool overheard. She approached the she-cat and offered Minkpaw a place in the medicine den to see if that interested him. Curious, Cedarstar agreed and Minkpaw was given a new apprenticeship under Lightpool.

As a medicine cat apprentice, Minkpaw showed more interested in the work, but that absent-minded gaze was still there. When it became time to take him to the pool of dreams, Lightpool began explaining what the spirits looked like so he wouldn't be scared, but she was startled to find that he already knew and even was able to describe a few in detail.

Minkkit is able to see spirits, though it wasn't originally many. It stared with his lost sibling, a small kitten spirit sitting beside their mother, watching the outside sadly. He became attached to the spirit and stayed by his side often, though they rarely talked. As Minkkit grew, his brother's spirit followed him where he went, prancing about the forest and growing as he did, eagerly experiencing the forest. The spirit hovers beside Minkpaw, but he doesn't mind as the company of the ghost cat has become so common he is more comfortable when his brother is there rather than gone.
(formerly howlingtothestars)

ImagexImagexImage

┌─────────────┐
coding My Characters
DA Art Sales Amarogs
Cinderclan Avatar

└─────────────┘
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
┌─────────────┐
Back to college!
Heya! You can call me Howl, I'll
respond to both c: