Postby Scei » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:20 pm

edits wrote:Edited shadow legs
fur edits (crest-type)
ear edits
horns made of candles
breathes fire
teeth edits
tongue edit
floating symbols (chest, paws, tail, & horns)
eye edits
Skinny

x
WHAT IS A FLIT? wrote:Shadow Flitz (Singular; Shadow Flit) are a long bodies species that have long since lost their hind legs, tail, and eyes to the power of the shadow and have replaced them with mold-able wispy appendages. these large, friendly beasts have been recently tamed to be ridden by humans and anthros alike. They have large, wide front paws, long pointed ears, and short, smooth fur. They can be naturally found in dark caves, wetlands, or thick forests. however have also been spotted in pastures while hunting. They are carnivores- meaning they are only meant to eat meat and they often prey on birds, deer, rodents, and bats.

This was one of two other ideas for the first flit kid, but I understand green-base characters are kinda a hard one to like- that said I really like goblin-style colors so I went with that!

this kid has piñata-style fur and some neato fire! they have a glowing eye on their chest, and some other floaty things on their tail, paws, and horn flames. the yellow on their fur seems to have been dyed and is a repeated process!
that said to win this fella, tell me whats the meaning behind the floaty symbols and the yellow paint?
Extras and prettying up are welcome!

Code: Select all
Username:
Flit Name:
Whats up with the yellow stuff?:

ends the 25th of march!
Last edited by Scei on Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

xScei Terms of Service
This is my Sceignature
xxx Looking for Art
xxxx Adopt shop

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've quit cs already! i might show up once
and a while to post something i was thinking
about but i don't think ill be officially coming
back any time soon.
Scei

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Shadow Flit 2.0002

Postby friggin' foxes » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:27 pm

Username: 9Tailedfox
Flit Name: Mikos Santiago

Images casted by a light source. now the question is, what light source?
Last edited by friggin' foxes on Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
some info

budding artist
they/them or she/her
(i don't really care what you refer to me as though)
baby bi bi bi.

completely awesome.

used 9tailedfox

O

O

"reality is for people who lack imagination"
-hayao miyazaki

OO

O
O

OO
friggin' foxes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Sappy Mother's Love

Postby JessKnight » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:45 pm

Username: JessKnight
Flit Name: Numa
Whats up with the yellow stuff?: It's something her adoptive child, Pyrin, use to do when they were much younger! They'd paint the symbols onto her with messy strokes, making the shapes with their small paw. The eye is based on Pyrin's small, golden eyes that seemed to shine (or.... did), and light up her life when she was upset or sad. Pyrin's paws are too big now to make the markings, but Numa still remembers it to this day.... so she made them more permanent by dying the color into her fur.
JessKnight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Shadow Flit 2

Postby geto » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:46 am

Username: BlurryRoses
    Flit Name: Sakaar | he/him

Sakaar is a well-known warlock in the kingdom of Delmont: a place that is known for its magical folks.

The male flitz is popular amongst the natives as he offers his magic at an exorbitant price. And just like the other warlocks, he distinguishes from the others by painting the yellow symbol on his limbs, and another reason to the paint was to mask his warlock mark - which is an ugly birthmark that Sakaar had yet to learned to accept.
    The floating symbol donned on the front of his chest was merely just there to serve as an accessory, in a way, it makes him look much more powerful than he actually is, it feeds his pride and ego as the most powerful warlock of Delmont - which wasn't a lie. But sometimes that symbol too also served as a protection ward, it defends him from any negative presence and helps heighten his senses to boost his magical abilities.

Not many his species had that symbol on them, it was also yet another way to distinguish their prowess, if a particular warlock harbors more skills than average, they will be gifted the symbol from the King of Delmont.
Last edited by geto on Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
geto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paopu » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:10 am

username:
paopu

Flitz Name:

ImageHuitzilopochtli "Lopo"Image

One of earliest examples of piñatas was used to honor the Aztec God Huitzilopochtli. Eventually this celebration was co-opted and deluded out and lost association with the God. However, Lopo himself did not forget this association. Whether or not it's true or not, Lopo believes himself to be a new manifestation of the old sun god. After all, where else would the golden patterns all over his body come from? They are sunlight itself and a reflection of his, as he would put it, divinity.
x
x
x
    they/them

if two people share one
    their destines become
    intertwined they'll remain
    a part of each other's lives
    no matter what

paopu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThePuppeteer » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:10 am

Username: ThePuppeteer
Flit Name: Zen
Whats up with the yellow stuff?: The yellow markings on his fur are dyed because he thought it looked cool. Don't tell anyone, but the symbols are just from tiny projectors planted in his fur. Zen wants to look like a divine being so people will respect him more. Most of his design elements are not real, actually. Nobody really liked him before he added the extra designs on his person; everyone said he just looked like a troll. Hopefully, through determination and maybe some questionable deals with magical beings, he will actually become a powerful deity to be respected.
~The Puppeteer~

Looking to get into original species', such as Kalons, Feather Boas, and other cute babes! Message me if you'd like to give any advice; it's appreciated! <3

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ThePuppeteer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GreyScale » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:23 am

Username: GreyScale
Flit Name: Quinn
Whats up with the yellow stuff?: The yellow stuff are symbols that sort of display emotion. The stronger the emotion he feel, the brighter they glow although it also depends on the emotion he is feeling. If he was feeling sad, the would grow dimmer while when he is happy they glow bright depending on how happy he is ect.
He can also control the brightness of the symbols allowing to speak an almost forgotten language though patterns and a series of flashes from certain symbols.
GreyScale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby abandondacc » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:00 am

Username: Zonbitaigā
Flit Name: Helios Dragonscale
Whats up with the yellow stuff?: The yellow stuff is a variety of special light tattoos. Each Tattoo contains a small amount of trapped light energy. Once this Flit has stored an abundance of light energy, (which it gets by sunning itself) it will shoot put this energy as a weapon. Be warned this Flit gets startled easily and with shoot the light energy at anyone near when threatened.
FR:ZombieTigerLife doesn’t come with instructions socially awkward Image mess-Christian -crazy animal lover-Libra-Sheep-high anxietyThe dream is to keep surprising yourself, never mind the audience. -Tom HiddlestonBest friend on cs I wont be online very often since im super busy. Rip me I’m on mobile most of the time
abandondacc

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hellish » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:24 pm

Username: hellish
Flit Name: khaox
Whats up with the yellow stuff?: there is more to this little guy than meets the eye. he’s not just a regular flit, but a body possed by a spirit. after living for more than thousand years, it was so bored that it decided to leave the realm of spirits and seek excitment in the world of living. it seeks chaos and loves to prank people, which can explain the bizarre look of its (new) body. but at the end of the day, it’s still a spirit. the glowing eye and other marks are part of its power. thanks to them it has the ability to perceive more dimensions than any human or animal can see. it can also see auras and other spiritual beings and sense magic. but until the spirit changes its mind, it will use its cool abilities only for funny tricks and jokes
with strange aeons even death may die
hellish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby I Like Bees » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:46 pm

Username: I Like Bees
Flit Name: Pyralis
What's up with the yellow stuff?:
When Pyralis was young, he lost his eyesight in an accident involving an explosion. As soon as he was recovered enough to travel, Pyralis immediately set out to visit a mysterious, unknown creature who lived in the swamp. According to local legend, this swamp-dwelling creature, jokingly called "Swampy" by the younger Flits, was able to grant one wish per visitor, as long as the visitor gave up something in return, and the wish didn't limit the free will of another living being. Pyralis intended to wish for his eyesight back, and brought all the flowers he had received from other Flits while sick as his gift. Since Swampy lived in a swamp where not a lot of flowers bloomed, Pyralis figured the flowers would make a great gift. Pyralis's little brother went with him as his guide.

During the brothers' expedition into the swamp, Pyralis's little brother was bitten by a strange spider. The younger Flit shrugged it off; how bad could a little spider bite be? By the time Swampy's hut was within view (well, within Pyralis's brother's view), the young Flit had changed his mind on the matter. The spider bite had swollen, and he felt sick and so, so tired. All of the sudden, Pyralis's brother collapsed.

Pyralis panicked. How was he supposed to find help, or even make it to the hut? He couldn't see anything! The Flit dropped the flowers he had been carrying and called out, hoping that the magician living in the hut would be able to hear his desperate pleas for help. No response. Pyralis took a deep breath, carefully positioned his little brother on his back, picked the flowers up, and began his slow walk in the direction he assumed he had been heading before.

With each passing minute, Pyralis could heard changes in his brother's breathing. He was getting worse. Finally, after what felt like forever, the green Flit managed to find a pattern of carefully arranged stones in the ground. It was a path! He picked up the pace a bit, but still swept the ground in front of him with his paw before stepping forward. When he at last felt the grainy texture of wood under his paws, he spat out the flowers and called out, "Hello? Anyone home?"

After an agonizing minute of waiting, Pyralis heard the sound of the front door opening. Without even waiting for the magician to introduce themselves, Pyralis explained as quickly as possible that his little brother had been bitten by a spider and fallen ill; do you have an antidote? The magician responded with, "I grant wishes; I'm not a doctor."

Disheartened, Pyralis opened his mouth again to ask if he could have help bringing his brother back to the village, before realizing there was a better choice. It wasn't even a choice; his brother's life was far more important than his own eyesight.

Pyralis gently eased his brother to the ground of the hut's small wooden porch, then nudged the flowers towards the magician. "I wish for you to heal my brother," he said. The magician agreed to the deal, and the sound of the younger Flit's breathing steadied, then returned to normal. Forgetting all about the magician's presence, Pyralis collapsed by his brother's side, crying bittersweet tears. His brother was alive, but he'd never be able to see again.

After a moment of only the sound of Pyralis's crying, the younger Flit woke up and asked what had happened. Pyralis explained everything, and, when he finished, his brother stood up and turned towards the still-open door. "I'd like to make a wish as well."

The younger Flit took a deep, audible breath, then continued, "My eyesight for my brother's eyesight." Pyralis couldn't see, but he likes to assume that the magician was just as shocked as he was. He couldn't let his brother do this!

Before he could object, light flooded everything. The older Flit squinted, letting his eyes slowly adjust. When his vision returned, he expected to see his little brother staring blankly at nothing.

Instead, he found his brother looking directly at him, eyes wide and jaw dropped in wonder. "You're glowing!" the little Flit exclaimed.

"You can see!" Pyralis replied.

The brothers turned towards the door, where a dark, formless shadow hovered. Although the shadow didn't change shape, they both got the impression that it was smiling. The door closed, and the two were left alone on the porch.

As the brothers headed home to tell everyone the good news, Pyralis quickly discovered that he wasn't seeing from his eyes; he was seeing from the glowing, eye-shaped figure hovering in front of his chest. It was a bit strange, and took a bit of adjustment, but he's honestly just glad that everything worked out alright. The rest of the glowing yellow marks don't see to have much purpose... Pyralis's brother likes to joke that the shadowy magician put them there simply because they look cool.

As for the painted markings on Pyralis's legs... Those are the work of his brother. The younger Flit is obsessed with his older brother's cool floaty-glowy-thingies (he's not very creative with names), and said that the painted symbols complete the look. Pyralis isn't quite brave enough to get the markings permanently tattooed on, so he just lets his brother repaint them once every week or so.
Last edited by I Like Bees on Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
Stars Bagel TH hi
they/them CDT
I Like Bees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me