Call Name: Kozmotis
    Height: 14hh
    Disposition: tamed

Eye Color: Gilded Amber
    Antler Type: Sub
    Phenotype: Amber Champagne with Caribou
    Genotype: Ee/Aa/nCh/CrB

Breeding notes
        - Caribou [CrB] is Dominant, and will always pass to fawns.

FCFS - To tame this BGC, write at least a 200 word story about your (handlers) first encounter with them in the Alaskan wilderness!

Code: Select all
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Registry Name:[/b]
    [b]Call Name:[/b]

[b]Story:[/b]

Last edited by Ovacalix on Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
he/him | adult | artist and dork
inactive - if you need to get in contact with me, I am on dA
♦| best friend | ♦ | boombox |♦

Ovacalix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #1 Amber Champagne with Caribou

Postby Placebo » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:55 pm

Username: Placebo
Registry Name: AHK The Break of Dawn

Story:

The night was as cold as it was harsh.

Still she trecked, and the crack of the ground under her boots was the only sound that accompanied her as she walked up the sloping hill. She had finally picked up motion on her remote cameras and set out before the break of dawn to check them. The researcher knew that reindeer herds passed through this region, but she had yet to find evidence of that elusive reindeer, pale and golden as the morning sun, since that fateful trip all those years ago. Blindly, helplessly, she held onto the hope that the caribou was even still alive after all this time (only a calf when she first spotted it, and had the chance to run her glove across its sheeny fur as she played with it on hard packed ground) and now she did what she always did:

Check the camera she put out, in the hopes that the same reindeer herd would return to the same grazing spot like it did in the years prior.

She let her gps lead her to the spot, even though she knew the path by heart at this point. She crouched down to check the recordings. A flash of something big — a group of caribou!—and yet, no pale form. She tried not to let this failure (yet again) dampen her spirits.

But oh, was it hard.

The wind whipped across what was exposed of her face. She turned away from the camera and its sensors, if only to banish the sense of defeat. The likelihood of the reindeer even still being alive was low anyway.

As she turned, she saw a flash of gold at the edge of her vision. Thinking it was the sun, she paused in confusion. It wasn’t dawn yet.

But— oh.

There it was. There he was.

Her lips widened in a grin, and she fought back tears as the massive male, as golden as the pale morning sun, lowered his head. Almost like a small, contrite little apology. I’m sorry to have kept you waiting.

It was no matter.

“My, you’ve gotten big, Koz.”
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #1 Amber Champagne with Caribou

Postby Ovacalix » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:01 pm

Placebo wrote:Username: Placebo
Registry Name: AHK The Break of Dawn

Story:

The night was as cold as it was harsh.

Still she trecked, and the crack of the ground under her boots was the only sound that accompanied her as she walked up the sloping hill. She had finally picked up motion on her remote cameras and set out before the break of dawn to check them. The researcher knew that reindeer herds passed through this region, but she had yet to find evidence of that elusive reindeer, pale and golden as the morning sun, since that fateful trip all those years ago. Blindly, helplessly, she held onto the hope that the caribou was even still alive after all this time (only a calf when she first spotted it, and had the chance to run her glove across its sheeny fur as she played with it on hard packed ground) and now she did what she always did:

Check the camera she put out, in the hopes that the same reindeer herd would return to the same grazing spot like it did in the years prior.

She let her gps lead her to the spot, even though she knew the path by heart at this point. She crouched down to check the recordings. A flash of something big — a group of caribou!—and yet, no pale form. She tried not to let this failure (yet again) dampen her spirits.

But oh, was it hard.

The wind whipped across what was exposed of her face. She turned away from the camera and its sensors, if only to banish the sense of defeat. The likelihood of the reindeer even still being alive was low anyway.

As she turned, she saw a flash of gold at the edge of her vision. Thinking it was the sun, she paused in confusion. It wasn’t dawn yet.

But— oh.

There it was. There he was.

Her lips widened in a grin, and she fought back tears as the massive male, as golden as the pale morning sun, lowered his head. Almost like a small, contrite little apology. I’m sorry to have kept you waiting.

It was no matter.

“My, you’ve gotten big, Koz.”

The fair Caribou approaches with caution after some time sharing the field with your handler, and ever so gently touches his nose against their shoulder.

Congratulations, you've tamed this Bou!

Absolutely stunning little read, short and sweet and great execution, take care of Kozmotis and thanks for entering!~
he/him | adult | artist and dork
inactive - if you need to get in contact with me, I am on dA
♦| best friend | ♦ | boombox |♦

Ovacalix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me