Drawing sessions 1
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Nagaline #54 - Starlight

Postby Softea » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:02 am

finally doing a competition adopt *eyes emoji*

this will be a writing competition
I wanna know what their backstory is,
do they have a tragic past? romantic past? who knows?

An edit may come in to play later >:3c

please fill this out ;0
Code: Select all
username;
name;
gender;
prompt;

extras and prettying up allowed and encouraged!
ends on march 8th
Last edited by Softea on Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
tea
she/her

going on a hiatus, idk when I'll be back
Softea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Nagaline #54 - Starlight

Postby Breado » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:11 am

username; Breado
name; Tristan
gender; M
prompt;

The half-blind prince of the cosmos
Born from a star, stolen and brought to Earth

aw yiss, beaut beaut *'w'*
Last edited by Breado on Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ~ Image Image Image Image ~ Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jennfreckles » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:25 am

username; jennfreckles
WIP
name;
gender;
prompt;

┌─────────────────────────────┐
Art shop
Free sketches
Toyhou.se
Deviantart
Trello To-Do List
Discord: Jennfreckles#1862 // jennfreckles
⋙⋆⋙⭐︎⋙✦❤✦⋘⭐︎⋘⋆⋘
♌︎ - ♫ - ♀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
- - - ▯ - ▯- ▯ - ▯ - ▯

└─────────────────────────────┘
jennfreckles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby •boo• » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:02 am

username; NightMareRose
name; Fari
gender; Male
prompt; Fari was born into a rich family, but his life wasn't easy. Not even in the slightest. He was always preassured to be perfect, he was never alowed to have fun. And whenever he was at school (he went to an elite private school) people always made thoughtless comments. Saying that he was a robot, that he didn't care about anyone. But he did care for everyone. Each word cut him like a knife. But he hid it, 'You must be perfect. Like a diamond in a glass case. Not affected by anything. Immune to the world.' So he kept his robot-like personality. Eventually he met Ryan. Ryan was different, he never said anything that was insensitive. He actually cared about Fari. The two quickly became friends. And a few years later thay became a couple. Of course Fari's parents didn't aprove in the slightest, but Fari shut them out, he loved Ryan and Ryan loved him. They are still inseperable to this day.

Sorry if this is too long.
Hi I'm Alois!
He/it | Scorpio | AroAce?
Depressed | Anxiety | Sleepy

Kalons | Shamkhyis | Nagalines
Lambicorns | Smoothie Chickens

Check out the CS Discord Server! Avatar ♡
•boo•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yuroshi » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:19 pm

username; yuroshi
name; Quiescence
gender; female
prompt;
To Hatch wrote:Under the starlit sky, alone on a mountainside, a feral moon-like nagaline had a single egg, stashed carefully between ridges, bathed in the light of the stars. The moonlit mother huffed proudly at her egg, then curled around it to begin the long wait until her child’s emergence.
Inside the egg, a growing little one was greeted with her first realization of light with the brilliant of the moon, and the setting sun as days passed (for her egg was stashed where only those lights could reach it). Her noises she heard consisted of whistling wind and the quiet rumbling purr of her mother. And it was to those noises, and the brilliant red light of the setting sun that the little egg became a hatchling, bursting free of her confines, and greeting the world with her tiny roar, pelt gleaming with the colors of the setting sun and glistening with the light of the moon and stars that caressed her egg before then.

To Grow wrote:Qui’s childhood was.. rather typical of what you might expect for a strong willed wild nagaline. She sprinted around beneath the dusk-colored sky, yowling her strength and happiness for all to hear. Of course, she got into her fair share of trouble as well- when a young one attempts to travel constantly up and down a cliff side, no matter how deft her paws is, she’s bound to fall every once in a while. For the most part though, she’d simply... bounce her way down, wait out the daze, then bound away again. Her life was good, provided for by her mother, who was extrodinarily kind, when she couldn’t provide for herself. She loved everything about her wild and free, yet sheltered life. The wind that whistled through the crags in the cliffside, causing the trees to dance, the wild creatures that sang and prowled along with the beats created by higher forces- she loved all of it, and happily added to it with the thrumming of her paws against the ground. And slowly, she grew, each pawstep growing more deft, quieter, yet stronger.
Even when her mother finally sent her to find land of her own, and she was forced into a fierce battle with another young nagaline to protect the home she claimed as her own... no matter the battles and scars she had to face, she wouldn’t change a single moment of her life. She is strong, and proud of who she is. She knows herself, and will always fight to protect it and the world around her she loves so dearly.
Last edited by Yuroshi on Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yuroshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soarora » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:33 pm

username; Soarora
name;
gender; male
prompt;
Res w a war of some sort
Image .-|Image |-.Image
Soarora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby redhorizon » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:56 am

username; Pesagus
name;
gender;
prompt;

Res

Boosh unless we're friends ♡ He/him ♡ Trans/Bi ♡ ASD ♡ Partner (12/15/2019)

Artist/Designer
Linecook
Flutist

Harry Styles & Horizon #1 Fanboy

My partner, dog, rats and comfort games ARE my life

PFP by me, sig by Onlyhalfpigeon
redhorizon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sashtato » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:51 am

username; Sashtato
name; Foalan
gender; Male
prompt;

It was happening again. Everything became fuzzy, the world blurred into a mess of shapes and colors while every sound merged together to form a sad moan. I felt a heavy blanket of nothing drape itself over my body, and every bit of life I had was drained out of me until not a single drop was left. Emotionless, numb, it was like a dream.

I felt the cold wrap itself around my body. Though something was wrong. When the cool air touched my skin, I developed an overwhelming sensation as if it wasn’t there. I knew it was real, but I couldn’t feel it.

There he was. My dad. “Can I have a hug?” he asked, holding back tears. Reluctant, I stepped forward and allowed the interaction to take place for the first time in months. After a few minutes of the rest of my family catching up with him, we finally went inside. It was warm. I knew it was warm, but I couldn’t feel it. The inside smelled clean, and the long brightly lit hallways seemed to never end. I hated hospital visits, always surrounded by so many emotions that my normally empathetic self cannot seem to handle. It overpowers me, and forces my body into defense mode. Well, that’s what most call it; to me its “shutdown mode.”

After turning a few corners, an elevator ride, and more corners, we arrived at the intensive care unit. We buzzed the front desk and the let us inside. “Can we see him?” my mom asked one of the strangers standing by the door. Then a familiar face peeked out of the room. My aunt, it’s been years since I’ve seen her. “Hi Foalan!” she exclaimed, trying to sound enthusiastic. Behind me I heard more excited introductions. I turned around to face my grandma. “Oh Foalan,” she started, her red swollen eyes and the tissue she clenched told be she had been crying. She tried to clean herself up while my family and I peeked into the room, and that’s when it hit. That wave of emotions I knew I wouldn’t be able to handle. My grandpa lying in the hospital bed saw us, and everyone broke into tears, trying to reconnect with each other between weeps and gasps for air.

Standing quietly in the background, I tried to not let it take over. Tried to feel something. “Come here Foalan,” he called. I shuffled through the crowd and sat down beside him. He gave me a big, strong, hug with just half of his body. He tried very hard to spark up conversations. It took every bit of willpower I had to keep it up. I talked to him, hugged him, we took pictures, but it was so hard. There was little energy left in me, and I was almost unable to continue the act. The dissociation finally took full control, and I was once again at the mercy of my own thoughts and inner nothingness. Forcing me to act normal while it kept all my energy, all my emotions locked away from me in a hidden chest deep within the dark craters of my mind where I could not access them until it gave me permission.

Unable to feel, unable to think clearly, just left to ponder over when I’ll be free from the clutches of this monster as time slowly drifts on. I’m different. I can’t control everything I do or say, I’m weak to it. When I dissociate, I become nothing but a blank slate, a completely new person still learning the complexity of emotions.

After a while we decided to take a break. Everyone stood outside his room to talk for a bit before my grandpa called me, my mom, and my sister back into the room. We closed the door behind us, and I dreaded the conversation that was about to take place.

“What’s going on, guys?” He asked, a concerned look taking over.

“There’s just, a lot,” my mom replied. “He said he told you everything.”

“Well yeah, some but I need to hear it from you too. You guys are family, Bethany.
No matter what happens.”

I start to think that maybe, just maybe, we’ll finally have someone on our side.

“You guys need to work things out.” And then that thought is gone again. I know he loves us, I know he cares I thought to myself, but it’s so hard when he doesn’t know the whole story. I wish he knew the whole story. If only it was that easy.

The conversation concluded itself, and I followed everyone out, trying to leave the room as quickly as I could.

“Wait, Foalan,” I turned back towards my grandpa. “What’s going on with you? Why don’t you want to talk to me?”
“I want to talk to you,” I responded, trying not to let him catch on. I must hide it, keep it to myself.

“You’re so different,” he said. “You used to be so lively. What happened?”

People change, I thought, why is he so focused on my past. That one story, that part of me is gone. But I didn’t dare say it out loud.
Everyone gathered outside the room and collectively agreed to meet my grandparents at their house after my grandpa is discharged. We started our way back outside, I remembered every corner we passed on our way up. The long, bright hallways greeted me again, and I couldn’t seem to shake the feeling that this was all a dream. I know it’s real, why can’t I feel it? I asked myself. The cold air stung my numb skin again when we walked back to the parking lot.

“So what’s the plan?” My dad asked

“I don’t know, are we staying at your dad’s house?” My mom responded with a question of her own.

“There should be room upstairs with me, my sister has the guest room.”

“She’s staying there?” And that’s when the arguments began. Even now no one knows what they were really about. Fighting over drugs, sleeping areas, and more consumed the small space in the car as we drove back to my grandparent’s house, my mom yelling back and forth over the phone with my dad. My sister and brother decided to stay at my grandparents’. Doing anything I could to avoid from my dad, I joined my mom at a hotel while we were staying in town.

This fight really dates back eighteen years, when my parents first met. For as long as I can remember, nothing but abuse and toxic language were what made up the bulk of their relationship. I hated my dad for the way he treated my mom. For the way he treated all of us. My brother followed closely in his footsteps, destroying everything in his path, even if that meant hurting his family and his own future. I finally found a way to get my dad out of the house, but now I had to see him again, hear his cruel voice that digs at my ears like rusted knives every time it cuts through the air. All in the name of "family" in this dire situation.

Back at my grandparents’ house, after they left the hospital, my grandpa asked me again. “What’s wrong?” I had no idea what to say to him. The question alone triggered it again; everything blurred and my reality quickly became fiction. I’m just different now I told myself over and over again. I’m okay, don’t let them know I’m fighting. Everything is normal. I’m just different now.

Above is a snippet from Foalan's private narrative. He writes stories of his life to calm him and bring him back to reality whenever he dissociates. His writing helps remind him what's real.

Foalan had a very difficult time growing up, and he still suffers the consequences of it, even though he is an adult living on his own now. He continues to fight his dissociation and PTSD, and is currently working towards becoming part of the mental health support field to offer affordable health care and therapy to others who suffer just like him.

Foalan's coat is a representation of his personality and past. Surrounded by dark colors, with just a little bit of inspiration and hope peering through in the form of stardust.

This one is particularly personal and symbolic for me, I hope you enjoyed the story and writing!
Sorry if this is too long... I got carried away cx

ImageImageImageImage
I may be slow to respond or
get anxious over certain messages
or posts, I apologize in advance!
ImageImageImageImage

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•
My sister in law <3
My best friend <3
My Husband <333
•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Nelinha | She/Her | Adult | Sped Para | Disabled

Sashtato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Softea » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:59 pm

forgot to close this q w q

I'll post winner later
tea
she/her

Softea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Softea » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:55 am

Sashtato wrote:username; Sashtato
name; Foalan
gender; Male
prompt;

It was happening again. Everything became fuzzy, the world blurred into a mess of shapes and colors while every sound merged together to form a sad moan. I felt a heavy blanket of nothing drape itself over my body, and every bit of life I had was drained out of me until not a single drop was left. Emotionless, numb, it was like a dream.

I felt the cold wrap itself around my body. Though something was wrong. When the cool air touched my skin, I developed an overwhelming sensation as if it wasn’t there. I knew it was real, but I couldn’t feel it.

There he was. My dad. “Can I have a hug?” he asked, holding back tears. Reluctant, I stepped forward and allowed the interaction to take place for the first time in months. After a few minutes of the rest of my family catching up with him, we finally went inside. It was warm. I knew it was warm, but I couldn’t feel it. The inside smelled clean, and the long brightly lit hallways seemed to never end. I hated hospital visits, always surrounded by so many emotions that my normally empathetic self cannot seem to handle. It overpowers me, and forces my body into defense mode. Well, that’s what most call it; to me its “shutdown mode.”

After turning a few corners, an elevator ride, and more corners, we arrived at the intensive care unit. We buzzed the front desk and the let us inside. “Can we see him?” my mom asked one of the strangers standing by the door. Then a familiar face peeked out of the room. My aunt, it’s been years since I’ve seen her. “Hi Foalan!” she exclaimed, trying to sound enthusiastic. Behind me I heard more excited introductions. I turned around to face my grandma. “Oh Foalan,” she started, her red swollen eyes and the tissue she clenched told be she had been crying. She tried to clean herself up while my family and I peeked into the room, and that’s when it hit. That wave of emotions I knew I wouldn’t be able to handle. My grandpa lying in the hospital bed saw us, and everyone broke into tears, trying to reconnect with each other between weeps and gasps for air.

Standing quietly in the background, I tried to not let it take over. Tried to feel something. “Come here Foalan,” he called. I shuffled through the crowd and sat down beside him. He gave me a big, strong, hug with just half of his body. He tried very hard to spark up conversations. It took every bit of willpower I had to keep it up. I talked to him, hugged him, we took pictures, but it was so hard. There was little energy left in me, and I was almost unable to continue the act. The dissociation finally took full control, and I was once again at the mercy of my own thoughts and inner nothingness. Forcing me to act normal while it kept all my energy, all my emotions locked away from me in a hidden chest deep within the dark craters of my mind where I could not access them until it gave me permission.

Unable to feel, unable to think clearly, just left to ponder over when I’ll be free from the clutches of this monster as time slowly drifts on. I’m different. I can’t control everything I do or say, I’m weak to it. When I dissociate, I become nothing but a blank slate, a completely new person still learning the complexity of emotions.

After a while we decided to take a break. Everyone stood outside his room to talk for a bit before my grandpa called me, my mom, and my sister back into the room. We closed the door behind us, and I dreaded the conversation that was about to take place.

“What’s going on, guys?” He asked, a concerned look taking over.

“There’s just, a lot,” my mom replied. “He said he told you everything.”

“Well yeah, some but I need to hear it from you too. You guys are family, Bethany.
No matter what happens.”

I start to think that maybe, just maybe, we’ll finally have someone on our side.

“You guys need to work things out.” And then that thought is gone again. I know he loves us, I know he cares I thought to myself, but it’s so hard when he doesn’t know the whole story. I wish he knew the whole story. If only it was that easy.

The conversation concluded itself, and I followed everyone out, trying to leave the room as quickly as I could.

“Wait, Foalan,” I turned back towards my grandpa. “What’s going on with you? Why don’t you want to talk to me?”
“I want to talk to you,” I responded, trying not to let him catch on. I must hide it, keep it to myself.

“You’re so different,” he said. “You used to be so lively. What happened?”

People change, I thought, why is he so focused on my past. That one story, that part of me is gone. But I didn’t dare say it out loud.
Everyone gathered outside the room and collectively agreed to meet my grandparents at their house after my grandpa is discharged. We started our way back outside, I remembered every corner we passed on our way up. The long, bright hallways greeted me again, and I couldn’t seem to shake the feeling that this was all a dream. I know it’s real, why can’t I feel it? I asked myself. The cold air stung my numb skin again when we walked back to the parking lot.

“So what’s the plan?” My dad asked

“I don’t know, are we staying at your dad’s house?” My mom responded with a question of her own.

“There should be room upstairs with me, my sister has the guest room.”

“She’s staying there?” And that’s when the arguments began. Even now no one knows what they were really about. Fighting over drugs, sleeping areas, and more consumed the small space in the car as we drove back to my grandparent’s house, my mom yelling back and forth over the phone with my dad. My sister and brother decided to stay at my grandparents’. Doing anything I could to avoid from my dad, I joined my mom at a hotel while we were staying in town.

This fight really dates back eighteen years, when my parents first met. For as long as I can remember, nothing but abuse and toxic language were what made up the bulk of their relationship. I hated my dad for the way he treated my mom. For the way he treated all of us. My brother followed closely in his footsteps, destroying everything in his path, even if that meant hurting his family and his own future. I finally found a way to get my dad out of the house, but now I had to see him again, hear his cruel voice that digs at my ears like rusted knives every time it cuts through the air. All in the name of "family" in this dire situation.

Back at my grandparents’ house, after they left the hospital, my grandpa asked me again. “What’s wrong?” I had no idea what to say to him. The question alone triggered it again; everything blurred and my reality quickly became fiction. I’m just different now I told myself over and over again. I’m okay, don’t let them know I’m fighting. Everything is normal. I’m just different now.

Above is a snippet from Foalan's private narrative. He writes stories of his life to calm him and bring him back to reality whenever he dissociates. His writing helps remind him what's real.

Foalan had a very difficult time growing up, and he still suffers the consequences of it, even though he is an adult living on his own now. He continues to fight his dissociation and PTSD, and is currently working towards becoming part of the mental health support field to offer affordable health care and therapy to others who suffer just like him.

Foalan's coat is a representation of his personality and past. Surrounded by dark colors, with just a little bit of inspiration and hope peering through in the form of stardust.

This one is particularly personal and symbolic for me, I hope you enjoyed the story and writing!
Sorry if this is too long... I got carried away cx

This story really compelled and intrigued me! The name is lovely too,
The backstory suits this dude well!

Congratulations!

Thank you everyone for entering <3
tea
she/her

Softea

My pets
My items
My wishlist