Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

You Can Call Me Monster by Chloe Grace

Artist Chloe Grace [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 20 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

You Can Call Me Monster

Postby Chloe Grace » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:16 am

~ * ~

"There’s curiosity in your eyes
You’ve already fallen for me
Don’t be afraid
Love is the way
Shawty, I got it
You can call me
monster."

Monster ~ EXO

~ * ~

Ahhh, I love this song way too much for my own good. XD It's so catchy, the vocals are perfection, and not to mention, the music video is amazing.

I've wanted to do draw an EXO member from the Monster era for a long time. And so when I finally started this, I picked Kai/Kim Jongin because, heck, he's hot in the music video and he's got that cool scar marking thing that looks fun to draw. And, cmon, it's Kai we're talking about here, who could say no to him???

I tried to find clear reference photos to use for his outfit, but there wasn't any to be found. So Kai's outfit might be a bit off. The reference photos I used are here and here. I know almost for sure that he doesn't have earrings for the part in the music video I was drawing him from, but, shhhh, it makes him look more deadly. XD

I want to thank Lostfairy, my sis, for giving tons of tips, for helping me find colors, for being honest with me and telling me when something was off in the drawing and for just being super sweet! Thank you~!!!! <3

Anyway, thank YOU for reading my little ramble! I hope you know you are appreciated!

I drew this with a tablet and the timer is off (sorry, I don't know by how much... >.<) and please don't steal my art!

PS. This is my first time posting in Intermediate... I hope it's okay to post here. *crosses fingers*
Chloe Grace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: You Can Call Me Monster

Postby Swirlshine » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:25 pm

AHHHH, CHLOE, THIS IS STUNNING!!! The whole thing looks so flipping cool! I love his expression and the pose and the way you did the scar and how the lyrics are placed and... IT’S ALL JUST SO AWESOME!!! Seriously, I was in awe when I saw this! <3

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: You Can Call Me Monster

Postby Chloe Grace » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:36 am

Swirlshine wrote:AHHHH, CHLOE, THIS IS STUNNING!!! The whole thing looks so flipping cool! I love his expression and the pose and the way you did the scar and how the lyrics are placed and... IT’S ALL JUST SO AWESOME!!! Seriously, I was in awe when I saw this! <3

*nearly faints from happiness and speechlessness* ;-; Thank you so gosh darn much, Swirl!!!!! Seriously, ahh, thank you!!! This made my weekend a hundred times better!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!! <333 I didn't know I needed this huge encouragement, but I did, so thank you again!!!! <33 *hugs Swirl tightly*

Last bumped by Chloe Grace on Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:36 am.
Chloe Grace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me