Forum rules
Old art from the Official weekly challenge board will be moved here automatically when the weekly challenge timer runs out.

If you didn't finish your drawing in time for the current challenge, feel free to post it in the weekly challenge board anyway, as it will eventually make its way here with the other retired challenge art :)

Melapples by gardog

Artist gardog [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 14 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Melapples

Postby gardog » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:22 am

Applejackrussel had just come back from the apple orchard and fruit gardens exhausted-- he had been helping his human dig up weeds and bad roots all day-- and all he wanted to do was cuddle up with his puppy mama and his pups until they all fell asleep.

He had been so looking forward to it that he had stayed up the entire truck ride home, choosing to watch a "Youtube" video with his smaller human to stay awake. He wasn't really sure what exactly his smaller human had been watching, he just knew that it involved two humans controlling another human as that human that was being controlled painted something. He had tried to pay attention, but there were only so many words he could make out. Eventually, the controlled human finished painting and it was a watermelon with three apples next to it. I listened as the two humans named the painting "Melapples" and then proceed to hang the painting on the wall. He knew that that meant that the painting was of significance, but, as to why, he wouldn't be able to explain.

As the truck pulled into the driveway of his human's home, his smaller human paused the video and put away their device... and he was left to wonder why he really felt that that painting was of significance to him. Not just to the two humans, but specifically to him. It was a strange feeling of knowing, yet also not knowing.

Oh well. He was about to see his puppy mama and his pups, so, he could think about it later... or at that moment... because, the moment he walked into the house, he was greeted by a sight that made his heart flutter. His puppy mama and his pups were all sleeping together in a pile on the floor... and it was at the moment that Applejackrussel realized why that painting was of such significance to him... because it so closely resembled the ones he loved most.

Happy (Belated) Valentine's Day!

And now, a note from the author (me):
OMG THIS TOOK FOREEEEEEEVVVVVERRRR!
Why do I have to be such a perfectionist?!?!?!
Anyway, thank you for looking at my post! In case you don't know what it's based off of, "Melapples" is the name of a painting in Dan and Phil's Sims series and I really wanted to make a drawing of it! So, when I saw that CS was doing this Valentine's Day challenge, this idea popped straight into my head!
This drawing was made with a Wacom tablet :)
Also, you may have noticed that I used the adult pattern on the puppies instead of the still-growing pattern; that's simply because I like the look of the adult pattern more! :D

The two pups I used:
Melonie
and
Applejackrussel

Have a nice day~!
gardog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Melapples

Postby Wolfumus » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:32 am

So cute!
She/Her or He/Him | Androgynous Female | Bisexual | Adult | OCD & PTSD
Things will get better, I promise. You're doing great!
Wolfumus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Laced » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:58 am

Cute!!

โ™ฅ
๐“˜ ๐“ถ๐“ช๐”‚ ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ถ๐“ช๐”‚ ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“ฝ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ฒ๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐”‚ ๐“ฌ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ผ
โ™ฅโ™ฅ
๐“จ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“พ๐“ต๐“ฝ
โ™ฅ โ™ฅ โ™ฅ
Laced

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gardog » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:06 am

Wolfumus wrote:So cute!

Thank you! <3
Laced wrote:Cute!!

Thank you!! <3

She/They | Adult | Christian
Aries | March 27

Bisexual | INTJ | Ravenclaw
Sings And Plays Guitar

Digital Artist
Oekaki Art Shop | Offsite Art Shop

Loves Pandas | Legally Blind
Has Social Anxiety | Has Anxiety In General

Timezone EST/EDT

gardog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaBrat438 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:37 pm

This is super cute, and I love the little story that went with it. Absolutely adorable! :clap:
DaBrat438

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gardog » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:12 am

DaBrat438 wrote:This is super cute, and I love the little story that went with it. Absolutely adorable! :clap:

Thank you so much!! <3

She/They | Adult | Christian
Aries | March 27

Bisexual | INTJ | Ravenclaw
Sings And Plays Guitar

Digital Artist
Oekaki Art Shop | Offsite Art Shop

Loves Pandas | Legally Blind
Has Social Anxiety | Has Anxiety In General

Timezone EST/EDT

gardog

My pets