Entry 1: Rock Man by ThatPinkThing

Based on Click to view
Artist ThatPinkThing [gallery]
Time spent 12 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Entry 1: Rock Man

Postby ThatPinkThing » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:56 pm

Edits: spikes, scales, and powers (a lil earthbender!)

Username: ThatPinkThing
Name: Mantle

Prompt 1: Moodboard.

Prompt 2: Describe their favorite place.
Mantle's a little bit of a loner solely because he's not sure how to interact with others, and so he spends the majority of his time just outside of a desert town called Little Sahara Haven. His favorite place to hang out in the area is a little watering hole with a rocky overhang shade that he himself actually created. The watering hole has some cacti and small trees growing around it, and it has a consistent stream of other visitors. Mantle likes to people/animal watch, and can often be seen either sunning himself atop the rocky outcrop, watching the visitors, or asleep in the farthest corner of the rock shelter. Several scuffles have occurred nearby, resulting in dense clusters of sandstone protruding from the landscape in a general radius. Mantle doesn't like bully personalities, and if he notices a person, animal, or fellow dinoken keeping others from drinking, he will stand up for the area. He's regarded as the watchman of the watering hole, but he seems to be unaware of that title.

At night, the watering hole becomes an ethereal place. Stars shine and glow off the surface of the still water, and the night life makes its rounds through the area. Mantle typically goes home to sleep through the night, but his reign is still resected when he isn't around. Night-dwelling snakes and creatures still stay relatively peaceful, and the rocky outcrop becomes a place of neutral ground during rainy nights, where unlikely pairs may put aside their differences and keep dry under the stone. Mantle has hung around to see this sometimes, and seems proud that his rocky creation can be a safe haven.

Prompt 3: 5 song playlist.
Personal Jesus by Depeche Mode
Desert Rose by Sting
Paradise by Coldplay
With or Without You by U2
Pompeii by Bastille

Prompt 4: 5 sentence personality.
As mentioned, Mantle is a loner not by nature, but by circumstance for now. He would like to have close companions, but is unsure of how to go about introducing himself. He's a gentle dinoken with a high sense of duty to the world around him. He considers his powers to be a blessing, and he uses them to help when needed or lay down the law. He acts as a tough and loving older brother to most everyone who seems to need it, taking on the role of a protector type dinoken.

Prompt 5: Go-to response in the face of adversity.
When faced with situational challenges, Mantle prefers to take a moment to think before he chooses the best route. He typically chooses the course of action with the least risks while still being fun. For example, when he has to get from point A to point B, be will probably use his powers to create stepping stones if needed. He prefers to climb rather than fly in rocky areas, just because he likes to climb, and he'll use what footholds and wingholds are available, then create a few more small ones when he needs them. Other ideas he might come up with would be to create a path with his powers or fly, but these are less interesting to him.

When the challenge is another being, he goes on the defensive every time. He'll first try to drive off an opponent, and uses his powers as a display or strength. The desert he dwells in has multiple spikes of sandstone jutting up from the ground, and even a few rings that could have been used to trap an opponent. Mantle doesn't necessarily start fights, but he doesn't try very hard not to get involved when he thinks he could help.
x
x
x
x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

you can call me Kels or Pink - she/her - adult

my kalons
🏡 toyhou.se🏡
✏️ commissions✏️

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ThatPinkThing

My pets