Artist Alcidesune [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 8 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Yaeko NB #006 Part 1:

Postby Alcidesune » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:41 pm

WHAT IS A YAEKO?

A Yaeko [yay·kho] (plural: "Yaeki") is a creature from outer space who has somehow found its way into the ecosystem on planet Earth. Roughly the size of a Great Dane, these oddities have long and powerful hind legs enabling them of bipedal movement over short periods of time. Their front legs - structured more like arms - possess three long claws as well as a "thumb" claw. These claws are surprisingly flexible, leading some to believe they may be used as fingers. Yaeki have been observed using these claws to crack open nuts, spear fish and cut open fruits - some even using them to pick locks and open doors. Their heads are encased in a thick layer of "ivory" which works as a protective helmet for their otherwise very sensitive heads. Yaeki communicate through a series of chirps, similar to those of a bird, although domesticated Yaeki may attempt to mimick human speech in the same manner a parrot would. They are intelligent and curious creatures - behaving much like an average toddler - and possess a strong will to learn and please their owners.

The most fascinating aspect of a Yaeko's anatomy is the transparent "dome" attached to their chest. The dome itself appears to be made of some sort of glass-like material. The contents of this dome are unknown, but it appears to contain some sort of colourful liquid or mist. Floating around in the strange substance is a charm. Every Yaeko has their own unique charm used for identification - and surprisingly, keeping nightmares at bay. People with a Yaeko in their household report having fewer nightmares than people who don't. This leads to speculation that Yaeki "trap" good dreams in their domes for safekeeping so their owners may have the same good dreams over again.

"Red" Oni
    [s] Custom Charm (Chinese Coin)
    [nr] Heterochromia, Weight Edit (Plump)
    [c]Short Hair
    [r] Horns
    To win this pup tell me what makes them happy. What do they enjoy? What brightens their day?

Bubblegum Beach
    [s] Custom Charm (Corndog)
    [nr] Heterochromia
    [c] Short hair
    [r] Glow
    To win this pup tell me what gets them down. They certainly can't be happy all the time, what gets them in a sour mood?

Both of these comps end on the 21st.
Last edited by Alcidesune on Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alcidesune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Yaeko NB #006 Part 1:

Postby Kohalin » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:10 am

marrk

Kohalin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alcidesune » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:18 pm

This is now open, happy Valentine's Day!
Alcidesune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kxynine » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:52 pm

User ;; Pecho
Names ;; "Red" Oni - Nefus
Bubblegum beach - Harlex
Prompts ;;
"Red" Oni
On one of the very few days Nefus is happy, he would usually be found at a small lake, staring onto it as memories of him and his friend would play around on it during the winter, when it was frozen.
However, one day the ice was too thin, and his friend accidentally slided over a pre-made crack, causing it to break under their weight.
Nefus came and dragged him onto land, but it was too late to save them.
Now he would sit at the lake, and recall all the happy memories they made.

Bubblegum beach
Harlex is usually very bubbly and fun. But when she is found sad, she's usually out at night, sitting in a field with tall grass around her.
When she's found there, she'd rather be left alone and if you happen to disturb her, she won't be afraid to let you know what you did wrong.
What she's sad about, is due to the problems she face. She has to put on this bubbly character when she's out with other Yaeki, when in fact she just wanna be herself. But she feels pressured to be bubbly, cause if not, everyone will start asking her and be worried, so she keeps it to herself.

Extra plot If it's allowed?
Nefus and Harlex stumble upon eachother one day, and they immediately form a strong bond. They can be themselves around eachother, and they cherish every moment they have with eachother.
Last edited by kxynine on Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
kxy || nov 23rd || artist
video editor || he/him
Characters | My artshop
kxynine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dragonheart48 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:15 pm

"Red" Oni
User: Dragonheart48
Name: Ereshkigal
Nicknames: Eresh, E
Prompt: what makes this pup happy? [This can be shortened if needed- 783 words]
E, ever since their arrival on earth, could remember the facility that created the Yaeko and the twisted hulks that called themselves makers. They were always in the back of her head like fog settled over her conscious and unconscious mind. She grew to hate the creatures and her anger drove her to seek out the whispers about a group of yaeki readying to fight the makers and hold earth for themselves. Her dislike of makers slowly extended to humans, partly because they had similar silhouettes, but mostly because they would always tower over her and bombard her with questions when she took their form. After weeks of searching, she began to doubt that the group was real at all with yaeki she questioned shrugging her off. One day while looking for any leads about where they could be she ran into another young Yaeko. She began down the list of routine questions only for the other pup to raise a paw to stop her. E couldn’t help her ears drooping as she prepared to leave. The other pup yelped in surprise and scrambled after her hurriedly babbling she knew where to find the coalition. The pup introduced herself as Aksha while bounding off down the street motioning for E to follow. The young yaeki ran through the alleys ways together until Aksha skidded to a stop in front of a dark building. The black and white pup turned to ask E if they were comfortable in human form. E nodded and shifted into her human form Aksha following close behind with an excited little clap. She opened the door and ran in grabbing E’s hand and dragging her along. E followed Aksha through the building as she barreled down a set of stairs and through a door at the end of the corridor. The room they ended up in was bare, save a desk at the far end of the room with a startled looking Yaeko in human form sitting behind it. Seeing the culprits of the noise she sighed getting to her feet gesturing to Aksha, “Run along little one I’ll deal with this”. She pointed at the woman trying to make her expression serious, “Don’t do your scary mom thing”. E hid a smile at the exchange as Aksha began walking off making an ‘I’ve got my eyes on you gesture’.

When Aksha left the room the woman turned her attention to E, “Now, as for you, what are you doing here”. E tried an innocent smile as she replied, “I want to join the coalition”. She puffed out her chest a little trying to make herself look more intimidating. She made a noise, that sounded suspiciously like a chuckle, in acknowledgment, “Do you now, and what would your name be?” The little yaeko froze unsure of how to answer she’d never thought about a name, and the makers had never given her one that she’d known of. “If you don’t have one that’s alright not many of us do”, the other Yaeko said with a smile, “Most of us name ourselves, I go by Osiris”. Osiris offered E a hand which she hesitantly took. “Now I guess we’ll have to keep you, seeing as my daughter seems to be attached to you”, Osiris chuckled, “So what should we name you”. “Can it be something cool”, E asked quietly. “Sure, pick a letter”, Osiris said with a shrug. “Uh E”, she blurted out in confusion. “How does Ereshkigal sound to you”, Osiris said with a smile. “It sounds awesome”, E said with a smile muttering the word quietly to herself.

The door thudded open with Aksha bounding in again dragging another woman behind her. “Hello, Xena and Aksha I thought we went that the gesture means to wait outside”, Osiris said with a sigh. “I got tired of waiting”, Aksha said with a grin, “I also wanted to make sure you weren’t scaring them”. Xena raised an eyebrow at Aksha shaking her head with a smile, “Who is our new friend”. “This is our new recruit Ereshkigal”, Osiris said ruffling Eresh’s head. Xena glared at Osiris, “Aksha why don’t you take Ereshkigal to a place to stay”. The younger girls grinned and ran off down the hallway. The young yaeko considered the whole ordeal to be oddly the happiest point in her life. The thing that made her happiest though was getting her name it helped her create a sense of self. She loved saying the syllables quietly to herself when she thought no one was listening. It was her most prized possession despite not being anything tangible. Aksha insisted on calling her Eresh though, not that she really minded.

Extras(if allowed):
Human form rough sketch

Aksha & Ereshkigal(Shenanigans):
That time they duct-taped Osiris's desk to the ceiling-
"This is a terrible idea", Eresh hissed under her breath as the sound of tape being ripped echoed around the empty room. "What, this is an awesome idea", Aksha grinned wrapping the tape around a paperweight giving it an experimental tug when she was finished. Eresh flicked her tail in annoyance, "How are we supposed to even get it up there, not to mention that even if we do Osiris will kill us", she yelled as quietly as possible. "Leroy is going to hold it up to the ceiling while I make something else for us to stand on", Aksha replied confidently. The other yaeko shook their head mouthing Leroy in confusion. Aksha took out a sketchbook shifting into her human form and flipping through the pages. She gestured to a page pointing out a crude drawing of a humanoid dog-like creature with a gap in the line in its leg saying, Leroy. Eresh nodded in understanding watching as Aksha ran a finger over the marking of a paintbrush on her forearm. It peeled off a few seconds later becoming wood and bristles dripping paint that shifted in color every few moments. When she finished the line in the leg of the creature Aksha tore the page out quickly and threw it on the ground. The paper shuddered as an inky hand shot out of the small piece of paper bracing against the floor and dragging the rest of its body out of the canvas. When it was free it turned to face it creature tilting its lopsided head as if asking a question. "Could you hold that desk up to the ceiling for us, pretty please", Aksha said with a grin. Eresh sat there dumbstruck for a moment watching the creature grip the desk and held it to the ceiling as requested. "ta-duh", Aksha said with a grin, "Now come on we have to hurry before mom comes back". "Right", Eresh said grabbing the other role of tape while Aksha started painting a ladder.

Discovering Eresh's abilities-
"AKSHA", Ereshkigal yelped running into the yaeko's room slamming the door behind her with her tail. The sound of coins clattering filled the room as Aksha jumped in surprise. "Wh-what", she said looking at Eresh in confusion picking up a coin that had rolled across the floor. "I keep making coins, bills, notes... currency you name it keeps appearing", she growled balling up her fist. She made an exasperated noise uncurling her hand showing a crushed dollar bill. Aksha muffled a laugh at Ereshkigal's distress, "It's ok, just calm down I've heard that abilities respond powerfully to emotions". Eresh flopped onto the floor with a groan pulling a few pounds out from beneath her back. "Ok then, do you have any idea how it works", Aksha said sitting curling up on the floor next to Eresh. "No, I have no idea", Eresh said with a sigh. "Do you think you could control which kind of currency you", she gestured thinking of a word, "manifest". Ereshkigal shot a glare at Aksha throwing her arm over her face curling her hand into a fist again and closing her eyes. "Give me a currency", she said her voice muffled by her arm. "What about a Swiss Franc", she said curiously. Eresh opened her hand lifting her arm slightly so she could look at Aksha with one of her eyes. "Did it work", she said curiously a tinge of fear at the edge of her voice. Aksha tapped on Eresh's fist until she opened her hand picking up the coin, "I think so", she said with a grin waving it in front of her face. Aksha and Eresh grinned at each other, "Want to try it again", Aksha said with a raised eyebrow.
Dragonheart48

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alcidesune » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:27 pm

Reminder that this ends later today! If you need an extension lemme know.
Click the image to see the artists!

He/Him | Alc/Alcides
Connoisseur of the freaky and monstrous
Alcidesune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alcidesune » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:16 pm

Oops, sorry I didn't specify, but there were really no limits aside from fulfilling the prompt, so you were both in the clear!

"Red" Oni will be going to Dragonheart48! I enjoy the character you've made for her and I can see that she'll get used and loved, so congrats!

Bubblegum Beach will be going to Pecho! A character who feels pressured into a persona is something I can really relate to, I'm looking forward to seeing how you develop her from here!
Alcidesune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kxynine » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:36 pm

Tysm! ^^
kxy || nov 23rd || artist
video editor || he/him
Characters | My artshop
kxynine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dragonheart48 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:58 am

Aaa thank you!
Dragonheart48

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dragonheart48 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:02 am

Sorry to double post, but could I be added?
Dragonheart48

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me