Moon Shadow - Guardian of Cinderclan by Hail.

Based on Click to view
Artist Hail. [gallery]
Time spent 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Moon Shadow - Guardian of Cinderclan

Postby Hail. » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:22 pm

Meet Moon Shadow

What Cinderclan Knows

Moon Shadow came from a tribe deep in Wolf Forest, beyond the wolves hunting grounds. Her tribe fell apart when the wolves drew too close and began to compete with them for prey. The cats were conflicted and torn between leaving and fighting. Many turned away and left, giving up the fight before it started, while others remained to fight. Those who fought the wolves died, leaving a young Moon Shadow alone and scared. She fled the old territory and wandered in the forest before finding Cinderclan.

The Truth

Moon Shadow (actually known as Moon) was raised in a "vigilante" style clan. She learned to fight and to pretend and blend in in an instant. She was taught to be manipulative and secretive, every step she made moving towards the goal of destroying the corruption within Wolf Forest. Her skills were unmatched within her tribe and she quickly proved herself as more than capable to her clan.

Life was peaceful and ideal, at least through Moon's eyes, but the peace did not last long. A corrupt tribe known as the Tribe of Talon's heard of Moon's tribe and their work and quickly set to work to locate and exterminate them. The battle was sudden and violent, Moon's tribemates fighting with their all and to the death as the hoards of the tribe cats rushed in. Despite their skill and knowledge, many did not stand a chance and fell on that day. For Moon and two other's, fate did not have such a plan. They were captured and dragged back to the camp. Moon's defiance never faltered, but to her shock that of her tribemate's did as they groveled, offering their servitude for mercy. The leader accepted them, his belly stuffed with pride. Moon was held prisoner, her fate placed on hold as the leader decided to torment the she-cat by not allowing her to fight for her honor and vengeance. Stuck in a pit with walls of mud too steep and slick to climb, she slowly felt her mind crumble as rage boiled in her veins. She was fed once every two days, and the only contact she received from the tribe's cats were scoffs and mocking remarks as they passed by.

The final straw came as those she had once viewed as friends came to drop a half eaten mouse into the pit. They mocked her for her foolishness to not surrender the dead ways of the past and mocked those who had fallen in the battle. Hot, molten rage seared her muscles and bones as her vision blurred and something primal within her mind jolted to life. She leapt upon the wall and began climbing, driving her paws and claws into the mud and dragging her body up, snarling and hissing like a savage beast. Those who betrayed her prepared to fight, planning to shove her back down as she approached. As the firm pack came, it was met with fangs.

She dragged him down, willingly releasing her grip from the wall as they tumbled to the floor. The instant their paws hit the ground, she lunged and sealed vengeance upon his throat. Immediately, her eyes snapped to the other which stared in horror and fear. He turned and fled, yowling for the help of the corrupt clan.

Her gaze slowly stabilizing as exhaustion began to settle in, she began her ascent once more, throwing as much energy as she could muster into each step until she dragged her body from the pit. She stood still for a moment, her body arced as she caught her breath and the rage slowly cooled within her. The distant sound of yowling cats reached her ears and, with clenched teeth, the resigned to the fact that to get vengeance she would have to flee for now.

The shadows of the forest hid her well, and by the time the tribe discovered the traitors corpse, she was long gone.

Alone, angry, and frustrated, Moon wandered the forest in search of answers for a path to take. She turned to her ancestors, calling upon them to guide her on her journey to avenge them. Their answer came in the form of a melanistic fox.

It stood in the distance, watching her without signs of aggression. Intrigued, she approached it and followed it as it turned and maneuvered through the forest, glancing back at her when the distance between them became too great. The fox led her to the edge of Wolf Forest where it stopped and gazed into the neighboring Great Forest. As Moon stepped past the barrier of Wolf Forest, the fox faded away - its roll completed.

Within the Great Forest, Moon found Cinderclan. She retained her trust in her tribe and sought to join them, disguising her past and true name to keep her duty veiled. Life within Cinderclan is fine, to say the least, though it is not ideal to Moon. Every day and night brings the ache of vengeance and the burning desire for justice. She found work in Cinderclan, guarding its borders and camp, using the work to help dull the ache of that desire, trusting that a sign would come to her when it was time to leave and once more return to Wolf Forest to finish the job she was trained to do.
(formerly howlingtothestars)

ImagexImagexImage

┌─────────────┐
coding My Characters
DA Art Sales Amarogs
Cinderclan Avatar

└─────────────┘
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
┌─────────────┐
Back to college!
Heya! You can call me Howl, I'll
respond to both c: