Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

New Species WIP by AnimalAtHeart

Based on Click to view
Artist AnimalAtHeart [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 44 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

New Species WIP

Postby AnimalAtHeart » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:28 am

A very curious sort of creature, it has a mix of mammal and avian traits. Wip,

*now named Avikarins

Avikarins are large flying creatures that stand at about 3 feet tall as adults. Their stance is somewhat a mix of a raptor's and an emu's, they have very powerful legs and can run up to 40mph at a full sprint, and maintain this pace for as long as 15 minutes if neccesary. They are also very agile flyers . Their long tails are used for balence whilst flying, and running. However, all Avikarins have a very peculiar way of hearing. Avikarins have NO EARS! Instead, they use the transparent membranes on their tails like nets, to catch soundwaves in the air! Avikarins are constantly waving their tails around to catch onto any nearby sound, and when music is played, they begin spinning an whipping around furiously trying to catch all the sound they can. Should the membrane be broken, punctured, or that part of their tail be lost, an Avikarin will have a sort of “hearing impairment”, if not completely “deaf”. A fine coat of fur covers them from head to toe, with the exception of their feathered wings and membranes. An Avikarins head is vaguely canine in shape, and it’s teeth are exactly like those of a wolf. They are omnivores, although usually eat meat, only eating plants when no other food can be found.
not very active anymore...
Gryph/Cricket/Ammie | they/them
you can pm me, but it may take me a while to get back to you
toyhouse | tumblr | artfight
AnimalAtHeart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me