Lightningpaw - Apprentice of Cinderclan by Hail.

Based on Click to view
Artist Hail. [gallery]
Time spent 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Lightningpaw - Apprentice of Cinderclan

Postby Hail. » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:38 pm

Meet Lightningpaw

Lightning paw was found and welcomed into Cinderclan after wandering the forest for a moon, searching for scraps and fighting to survive. From his first day in the clan, he made it very clear that he was going to be a bit of a "problem child" to his mentor, Brightstorm. His old ways of life countered with that of the clans, and the two bickered often over many small things - especially when it came down to hunting methods.

Teaching her apprentice to hunt was always a battle as he countered her advice and words with his own opinions, working hard to prove her wrong in any way that he could. One one particular day, Lightningpaw started an argument with Brighstorm when she told him that the best way the clan hunted birds was by leaping from trees. Their argument carried on for several minutes before Lightningpaw snapped. He hissed that he would prove her wrong and ran, his senses blinded by rage. Brightstorm began to pursue him, but was stopped by Frostheart - the Cinderclan deputy who had been watching their encounter.

Lightningpaw fled deep into the forest, running without thinking, and by the time he slowed down he realized that he was horribly lost. Alone and confused, he began following his trail when an odd darkness crept across the sky. Curious eyes turned towards the grew, swirling sky as it formed overhead and began throwing droplets of liquid ice from the sky. Lightningpaw's ears flattened in annoyance and concern as his trail slowly began to pass, but when the sky roared the terror set in.

It was a sound unlike any he had ever heard, a sound which tore the ground beneath his paws and rattled the marrow in his bones. In horror, he scrambled away and fled, rushing blindly for shelter. With each eruption from the sky, he scrambled in a new direction until at last shelter was found beneath a rock which stretched slightly over the ground. He laid there, trembling in fear and from the cold, his pelt soaked through and his paws growing colder as rain water pooled around his paws. Desperate, he began calling for his mentor, begging and pleading with Star Clan while promising to never fight with his mentor again. He laid there in the great storm for only a few minutes before a voice drifted to him.

As Brightstorm's silhouette appeared, hope illuminated in his eyes and he broke from cover, dashing to and colliding with the she-cat's chest, mewing apologizes and promises to never do it again. Brightstorm forgave him and led him back to the camp, his shoulder touching hers the entire way.

Lightningpaw views storms as signs of Star Clan's anger, and it is almost a guarantee that after each one he will be rushing to apologize to anyone he may have upset. Since that first storm, arguments with Brightstorm drew back to a minimal. Though they still had their arguments, they were short lived and Lightningpaw worked harder to see her side of things and discuss them in a more rational manner, rather than jumping to rage and frustration.
Hail.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me