Based on Click to view
Artist Hail. [gallery]
Time spent 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Darkkit - Kit of Cinderclan

Postby Hail. » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:11 pm

Meet Darkkit

Darkkit's life started out murky and damp inside of an old, muddy den near a dark and swirling body of brown water. When her eyes opened, she had other sibling nearby, but none ever moved or breathed, and all were cold to the touch with strange insects which crawled around them often.

Darkkit's mother rarely came by, and when she did the visits were very brief and usually filled with odd looks and an occasional hiss at one of Darkkit's still siblings.

Only a few days after Darkkit opened her eyes did a new cat arrive. He smelt strongly of a strange, metallic, burning smell and bore a faint hint of her mother. She trusted him instantly due to the second smell, and did not protest when he lifted her by her scruff and carried her from the muck and decay.

Darkkit lived with the tom for two moons. He was a rouge, wandering to and fro and pausing only to get her food which would help her. However, due to the lack of milk and proper nutrition, Darkkit was small and feeble, and she quickly grew sick. Concerned for the young one and afraid that he could do nothing but watch her fade away, the rouge tom took her to a clan and left her at the border. Before he went, he touched his nose to her forehead and promised that he would see her again sometime soon.

Darkkit was found by nightfall by the clan - particularly by an apprentice named Smokepaw and his mentor, Hidden Flame. She was taken in swiftly to the medicine den and stayed there for some time to get her strength back, and to fight the illness.

Because of her poor start, Darkkit's growth has been partially stunted. Her body is too small for her age, and she walks a little funny on her left front leg. Still, after she received the strength she needed, she proved herself in determination by surviving the disease and pressing on to be quite the rambunctious kit. She was moved to the nursery at five moons old where she was watched over by Petalfall - a she-cat who had two of her own kittens, and also watched over a toms kit along with Darkkit. Darkkit was nervous and quiet at first, but soon broke from her shell and grew to be good friends of the other kits, particularly attaching to Bearkit, and together they began dreaming of the day they would become apprentices.
Hail.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me